Thor Clone, yeah but huh?

#1 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they're just taking the whole plot idea from the Earth X/Paradise X stuff, where the Norse gods were actually just highly evolved aliens and not really supernatural beings.

Plus, to me, the whole reason the clone was half cyborg was an explanation that it was too hard to make a complete clone. They had to fill in the gaps with technology. Add to that is the thought that Reed's possibly been working on the problem for years, and a cyborg is the best he could do.

(Maybe this also settles once and for all who is superior between Thor and Kal-El.)

#2 Posted by G-Man (31834 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just thinking, how the heck did Tony and Reed manage to clone a frickin' god? Did I miss something? Did I not read that carefully? I was thinking he was part cyborg in order to mimic his powers. I just think a Norse God's DNA would be a bit too much for even those geniuses to figure out. Over in DC, they could't make a perfect Superman clone because his Kryptonian DNA was too different. So does that mean a Kryptonian's make-up is more complex than a god's?

Staff
#3 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Also the clone didn't work like they had planned.

#4 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

and his powers are tech from wakanda

#5 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I was just thinking, how the heck did Tony and Reed manage to clone a frickin' god? Did I miss something? Did I not read that carefully? I was thinking he was part cyborg in order to mimic his powers. I just think a Norse God's DNA would be a bit too much for even those geniuses to figure out. Over in DC, they could't make a perfect Superman clone because his Kryptonian DNA was too different. So does that mean a Kryptonian's make-up is more complex than a god's?"

no it just means that marvel could clone supes but dc cant :)

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he seemed to be a mix of Thor dna and technology and even with that it wasn't perfect. I didn't act like Thor and wasn't as powerful.

#7 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Mar-Vell says:

"Yeah he seemed to be a mix of Thor dna and technology and even with that it wasn't perfect. I didn't act like Thor and wasn't as powerful."

it acted more like a police officer i remember someone said that

#8 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Seems like we'll be seeing more of Thor Clone.
" />http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006008959.cfm"

Oh damn. Makes mne wonder if the clone had a hammer. I don't remember but I certainly don't see it as being worthy of weilding Mjolnir.

#10 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

It had a copy, i remember a panel in CW where it showed the hammer had electronics in it.

This whole thing feels like a ripoff of Cyborg Superman, but i'm still interrested.

#11 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"It had a copy, i remember a panel in CW where it showed the hammer had electronics in it. This whole thing feels like a ripoff of Cyborg Superman, but i'm still interrested."

It'll definitely be interesting, especially now that Thor's finding the other Asgardians. Heh heh, Stark's in trouble more than he already was.

#12 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Hagane Enna says:

"fesak says:
"It had a copy, i remember a panel in CW where it showed the hammer had electronics in it. This whole thing feels like a ripoff of Cyborg Superman, but i'm still interrested."

It'll definitely be interesting, especially now that Thor's finding the other Asgardians. Heh heh, Stark's in trouble more than he already was."

Stark's a douche bag.

#14 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the one G- Man or P- Man one did that looked like an inspirational poster, I laughed so loud the first time I saw it I woke up my nephew across the house.

#15 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"I like the one G- Man or P- Man one did that looked like an inspirational poster, I laughed so loud the first time I saw it I woke up my nephew across the house."

I really have to find that one and save it.

#16 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Hagane Enna says:

"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"I like the one G- Man or P- Man one did that looked like an inspirational poster, I laughed so loud the first time I saw it I woke up my nephew across the house."

I really have to find that one and save it."

Give me a sec I have it.

#17 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Saved!

#19 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad I could share the joke.

#20 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

There has been a Thor clone in the past but this was created by the High Evolutionary - Nobius or whatever his name was. He had black hair instead of the usual blond hair that Thor sports.

He was also prone to fits of rage I think.

Although I admit that the High Evolutionary is way smarter than even Tony, Redd and Hank Pym, this might help explain the cyborg elements to his make up.

The other explanation for the cyborg elements is to provide programmed behavioural control and accessible learning - a database of skills.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.