Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor Capability Thread(for Battle Reference)

• 63 results
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By majestic99

That's why I took that scan out.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm sorry but Thor simply does not impress me, he is so overestimated it's sickening. Is he weak no, is he powerful yes but as powerful as some make him out to be never. I will say this I am loving Thor's costume lately but I still hate the Helmet and I still think swords are cooler than Hammers that's just my opinion nothing more.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat: Thor is one of the most powerfull physical beings in the universe,his strength unlimited and has infinite levels of physical strength..thats just the crumbs about Thor...if it doesn't impress you..so what?

Thor rules!

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat: In what way shape or form is overrated?

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Postacrat

@kidthunder said:

@postacrat: Thor is one of the most powerfull physical beings in the universe,his strength unlimited and has infinite levels of physical strength..thats just the crumbs about Thor...if it doesn't impress you..so what?

Thor rules!

@ Fernando072295REBORN said: Most of that is an example of OVERESTIMATION. Is Thor one of the stronger beings in Marvel yes, does he have any KNOWN limits no. Does that mean he has unlimited power hell no. Ask Hulk he can tell you better than I can.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat:

i just rang up the hulk, he said his greeny neck got snapped and he was killed in What if volume 1 issue 45 and in Thor v2 issue 73 (575) King thor killed hulk as he lays down on the floor with a tree impalling him(lost an arm)...

So no matter what you gona say after this....IT DOESN'T MATTER AFTER THIS POST...as your thinking and "overrated assumption theories" will not taken into account as the facts are there,you just have to accept it as the TRUTH..the many battles,forums in comicvine .killemovies,marvel wiki and its COMICS has already stated and printed and sold and its a has become a fact.

Marvel has stated Thor's strength is unlimited. Fact. you going against marvel...by bringing up your assumptions and thinking..is nonsense and i dnt knw wat to say to ppl like you...end of story

I understand you are a Hulk fan,....but THOR RULES...BYE

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat:

i just rang up the hulk, he said his greeny neck got snapped and he was killed in What if volume 1 issue 45 and in Thor v2 issue 73 (575) King thor killed hulk as he lays down on the floor with a tree impalling him(lost an arm)...

So no matter what you gona say after this....IT DOESN'T MATTER AFTER THIS POST...as your thinking and "overrated assumption theories" will not taken into account as the facts are there,you just have to accept it as the TRUTH..the many battles,forums in comicvine .killemovies,marvel wiki and its COMICS has already stated and printed and sold and its a has become a fact.

Marvel has stated Thor's strength is unlimited. Fact. you going against marvel...by bringing up your assumptions and thinking..is nonsense and i dnt knw wat to say to ppl like you...end of story

I understand you are a Hulk fan,....but THOR RULES...BYE

You haven't proven a single thing. Your just trying to play me as a hulk fan because he's one of the very very few people who smacks around your "unlimited powerful Thor" on a regular.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current writers (maybe Jason Aaron is the exception) are too lazy or don't care to write a versatile Thor. Especially since the movies. To them now, it's just
    "I hit you with my hammer, use an occasional lightning bolt...end of story." This isn't the character's fault, but the writers'. Lee, Buscema, Simonson and Jurgens (and to a lesser extent Aaron and JMS) all wrote Thor with tremendous feats of speed, strength and durability. Guys like Bendis and Fraction are very good writers for street-level characters but blow major chunks when it comes to writing powerful characters and battle scenes.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat:

I agree, but honestly Thor as a character is OK even great at times it's the fans... ugh... Never have i seen such whiners anywhere. They can't even begin a debate or a thread or anything before starting with "Thor always holds back" crap. They blame the writers all the time instead of their own unhealthy obsessions and arrogance thinking they know better or how a character should be written withing a story. By all means turn Thor into a Marry Sue like they did with Superman see how much good that will do to him.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

THOR IS amazing

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: The crazy thing is he does hold back. You can see it in Avengers and many other stories.

He is Marvels top superhero when it comes to power. Maybe some writers dont like him but, thats what he was created to be. Marvels most powerfull hero.....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"He made it rain fire!"

Thor's that awesome...

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuzman123:

He does but not all the time and he is by far not the only one that holds back, unlike what many Thor fans like to believe.

Some don't like him, some love him to death. Yea about 6 decades ago, times and things change.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.