Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor best feats of durability

eaeyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eaeyomi

What is the best feats of durability he have ?

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ThePhoenX

The best, I don't know! But fighting the Hulk to a standstill during an hour is not bad at all! :) (Avengers-Defenders War)

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By yahweh
    jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

@eaeyomi: These are all Classic Thor feats.

• Tanking Celestial attacks
    • Tanking Destroy Amour attacks
    • Tanking Odin attacks
    • Tanking weight of half a planet
    • Tanking weight of a couple of planets
    • Tanking planet destruction
    • Sitting in sun
    • Tanking attacks from Surtur
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Thor's hammmer

and Now tanking PF attacks.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

To be honest his durability over the years has been inconsistent. 
    He takes some great his one month and then the next he gets tackled down by much less the next. 
    Yes I am aware this happens to most characters...but as of late this occurs to Thor more often than most.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By yahweh

@Kallarkz: @Thor's hammmer: @jeanroygrant:

It makes no sense, one day he's tanking attacks from reality warpers, next day he gets owned by Rulk with his own hammer in space.

Completely stupid, IMO.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By conner_wolf

@eaeyomi:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Thor busting a machine that housed many dozens of stars, and easily surviving the blast, which means he can tank the force of dozens of Supernovas at once.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here are my favorites:

Thor survived inside Surtur´s essence.

Thor survived a supernova.

Thor survived another solar explosion and the neutron star bomb.

Thor inside the sun,Thor survived the Kang bomb with just scratches; and other favorite, Thor fought Malekith with a liver of glass and still stomped him.

This are my favorites, Thor absorbing the Godbomb, fought and survived the Celestials blast.

There are other like when he was the only one to ensdure the casket of ancient winters, Hold the Hulk for an hour, or the gem of infinite suns but well this are my favorites.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All those amazing feats and now he gets his arm cut off by an axe? Wow. And people have the gall to ask why I HATE aaron with a passion.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: Thor himself enchanted the axe to be able to cut through Celestial armor. I agree though, the most the axe should've been able to do is cut him or be lodged into his shoulder, not cleanly cut off his arm. This is where Marvel editors suck hard. For instance:

Apocalypse, a character infinitely stronger than Malekith, threw Jarnbjorn back at Thor full speed, and the axe lodged into his shoulder. Mere seconds later, Thor pulled the axe out and proceeded to strike Apocalypse, destroying his Celestial armor.

I agree that Malekith should be able to wound Thor with a weapon that is of Asgardian origin and enchantment, but the whole one-arm trick is (IMO) is exactly that. Aaron probably figured it "looks cool" for Thor to have a metallic arm. I really enjoyed the first 24 issues of God of Thunder, but the only thing I never thought was logical was that fact that Thor would get his arm cut off and never get it back (hence King Thor in his story having a Destroyer arm).

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: Agreed. Further, and I may be overstepping my ground here by asking that a writer know the work of his predecessors, when King thor lost his arm in the Jurgens run (cuz yeah he was there before Aaron used him) his then wife Amora told him to fix his arm. But thor refused. So why in hell does OKT not fix it if it's clearly in his power to do so?! He's clearly egotistical so he would want to look as powerful as possible. Yet he walks one armed looking all weak and vulnerable and giving Malekith the biggest claim to fame that he marked him like no other ever has!!! To me the destroyer arm looks stupid and is a HUGE vulnerability because dumb writers, like some we have now, will have it yanked off by hulk or whoever and proceed to have him beat with it for shock effect. I want his arm back like yesterday!!!

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: I agree. Seems so many writers now are looking to name a Big Statement that will assure their lasting legacy.
    Aaron is attempting a 2-fer via Political Correctness -- a She Thor, and making Odinson a handicapped superhero.
    Nothing wrong about awesome female superheroes, or one with a physical malady with which they have to accommodate and persevere the way Aaron is doing it is so...contrived.
    ~=====[ ]

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spykat: true. But make a new superhero to inflict this damage to. I don't want the Thor I grew up with handicapped. All due respect to our great wounded heroes but I guarantee you that none of them would want a prosthetic leg or arm instead of their real one just to demonstrate their strength of character and ability to adapt. So why would you do that to a hero let alone a god?! They keep talking about "humanizing" and I'm stuck going then why are you writing superhero comics?? This is about beings that are above and beyond us. That's why I read them. If they're afflicted with normal human problems then Id rather not read them. I have daily newspapers and the Internet for that.

The only way that would be cool is if it was a hero or heroine who was born handicapped. Then you'd see how they became so special having the disadvantage from the get go. And really, I think we're giving too much credit to Aaron with this. He didn't mean for handicapped people to feel represented; he just wanted to glorify his crummy imposter at Thor's expense.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally don't see why people are moaning about Thor having a BADASS METAL ARM MADE OUT OF DESTROYER ARMOUR. I mean...he can probably hit HARDER with that hand now if anything.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally don't see why people are moaning about Thor having a BADASS METAL ARM MADE OUT OF DESTROYER ARMOUR. I mean...he can probably hit HARDER with that hand now if anything.

agree. that arm is badass and make a link for King Thor. the real issue is the unworthiness of Thor... that is what made all the fans of Thor including me mad.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: well a fake arm is a glaring reminder of weakness. The fact he even got it cut off makes him look like a complete weakling and loser. That's why I don't want it. My THOR loses to, and is hurt by, no one. Plus it really looks stupid. I don't get where anyone thinks it looks cool. Makes him look like a cyborg. Not to mention, and I have made this point now ad nauseam, it's a hollow fake detachable arm. Everybody and their mother will rip it off and beat him with it to show how badass they are. And he won't hit harder with it since its not his strength hitting anymore. It's the destroyer. Then you'll hear the "oh he won because of the destroyer arm. It wasn't him. If it was his arm he would've lost!" BS all over the place. Look at how they've humiliated him with the hammer! Further, For a KING THOR who has the power to regrow his arm not to do so is ludicrous.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: well a fake arm is a glaring reminder of weakness. The fact he even got it cut off makes him look like a complete weakling and loser. That's why I don't want it. My THOR loses to, and is hurt by, no one. Plus it really looks stupid. I don't get where anyone thinks it looks cool. Makes him look like a cyborg. Not to mention, and I have made this point now ad nauseam, it's a hollow fake detachable arm. Everybody and their mother will rip it off and beat him with it to show how badass they are. And he won't hit harder with it since its not his strength hitting anymore. It's the destroyer. Then you'll hear the "oh he won because of the destroyer arm. It wasn't him. If it was his arm he would've lost!" BS all over the place. Look at how they've humiliated him with the hammer! Further, For a KING THOR who has the power to regrow his arm not to do so is ludicrous.

first: he never grew his arm again because its a warrior and that is a "medal" if you want it for a warrior. Then Thor is tough he is goddamn tough, but he can be pierced by certain objects like Wolverine claws, Desak's sword, the Necrosword;and excepting the Necrosword all of those weapons are less than Jarnbjorn. he was pierced by Apocalypse but it was a hit in his chest. where have more muscle more bone, its a more durable part of the body... Thor can be impaired and even more if it´s a goddam Celestial killer axe. Then they way that his arm was removed it´s cool too; man we all know that Thor can rip off the arm of a frost giant, however if you pay attention to the comic they get a massive upgrade of power, they can frost stars... and in one number it´s said that they are in their prime because one storm... i mean if they get that upgrade they are not the normal enemies that even the Thing can defeat, they are are real threat... the destroyer arm it´s cool... and he is not indestructible as i said before that doesn't make him weak just real even for a god... in the Odinism the Aesir can't die because the time but because battles... and they can lose parts of their bodies as Tyr... i understand it, the worthless part is a kick in the nuts... for Odin and for Thor and the woman Thor (however the comic is good), but again... he losing his arm doesn't make him weak or lame. and make a link with the King Thor who is a badass in any sense

Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan said:

Well sorry to break to you,as powerful as Thor is, he's been hurt and defeated by quite a few people,and straight up had his ass beaten by a handful ( Some of them are results of really bad writing/PIS i.e Rulk but there have still been legit,plausible cases). Dudes not completely invulnerable,I actually like that he's had his arm cut off, it shows even the strongest/most powerful characters can be humanized and left permanently scarred. Physically or otherwise.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: @sophisticated_ignorance: well then stop reading fiction. I read fiction to see things that don't happen to puny humans. Dismemberment is ok for spiderman and wolverine and their ilk. But not for the top tier powerhouses. I don't want that kind of "humanization." He is a god. A freaking alien is more indestructible than a warrior god?! Ridiculous. If that's the case, Kangs bomb should've dismemebered him too as he was at ground zero when it detonated. Tyr is a wuss. He's also not half elder God which should make Thor more physically powerful than Odin himself. So Tyr and ares don't apply here as they are beneath thor in hierarchy.

The apocalypse thing makes no sense. He is a class 100+ so with the force he threw the axe at young thor(who is not as physically strong as mature Thors body is) it should've sliced straight through to his back and killed him. Since as you say it killed a celestial. So there goes that argument. Malekith is not powerful. Especially not physically. So no matter how strong the axe is, the end results should've been reversed with the arm slightly cut and the chest completely pierced through to the core. Bad writing. I can't wait til another writer comes in and retcons the arm. OKT is ok. I'd rather be become RKT. Then no one can f---- with him. And yes, I ONLY respect honor and power. Of which Thor, to me, is the greatest representative.

Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: @sophisticated_ignorance: well then stop reading fiction. I read fiction to see things that don't happen to puny humans. Dismemberment is ok for spiderman and wolverine and their ilk. But not for the top tier powerhouses. I don't want that kind of "humanization." He is a god. A freaking alien is more indestructible than a warrior god?! Ridiculous. If that's the case, Kangs bomb should've dismemebered him too as he was at ground zero when it detonated. Tyr is a wuss. He's also not half elder God which should make Thor more physically powerful than Odin himself. So Tyr and ares don't apply here as they are beneath thor in hierarchy.

The apocalypse thing makes no sense. He is a class 100+ so with the force he threw the axe at young thor(who is not as physically strong as mature Thors body is) it should've sliced straight through to his back and killed him. Since as you say it killed a celestial. So there goes that argument. Malekith is not powerful. Especially not physically. So no matter how strong the axe is, the end results should've been reversed with the arm slightly cut and the chest completely pierced through to the core. Bad writing. I can't wait til another writer comes in and retcons the arm. OKT is ok. I'd rather be become RKT. Then no one can f---- with him. And yes, I ONLY respect honor and power. Of which Thor, to me, is the greatest representative.

Ok first don't tell me to stop reading fiction, everybody here reads fiction for different reasons,respect that.

Secondly, Gods in Marvel aren't really the type of Gods we speak of IRL, obviously, the only TRUE God like figure in Marvel is TOAA...the term "God" in Marvel is basically just a term for any immortal ancient race...don't mean they can't and shouldn't be liable to injuries...freaking Ares got ripped in half by The Sentry.Thor has been smacked around by Earthings and aliens, it happens.Regarding Aliens,which one are you referring to? Superman? Superman is DCs #1 guy,well arguably,so of course hes going to job less than Thor.Its stupid to compare how Supes and Thor get treated. They're not on the same level of prestige, sorry to say.

"I ONLY respect honor and power" lmao dude do you hear yourself? I can't take you seriously.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Thor's case It brings us to different topic of piercing damage, when Apoc throw the axe at Thor he took the impact and was immediately thrown back resulting in the dumping of It, same when Eimin hit Thor with it. But when Malekith strike, Thor's arm was static because It was being held by the frost giants(meh) so It took the hole impact without any dumping, which is similar to medieval execution, for It was not so easy to cut someone's head off (like movies like to show) with the individual's head not being static.

People should put something in their heads. In Marvel what really counts in piercing power is the SHARPNESS, DURABILITY OF THE MATERIAL and sometimes ENCHANTMENTS. The strength behind the blow counts but It's not more important than the other elements.

Examples:

Wolverine has close to no superhuman strength yet the sharpness of his claws and durability of adamantium allow him to cut Thor, Hulk, Gladiator...

Malekith who is a 30 tonner(although he can amp his strength to 90 tons) with perhaps a regular dark elf sword couldn't damage Thor at all, in fact he grab the sword with his bare hands without any injury or fear of losing his hand but when he had an enchanted axe made by Dwarves especially for Young Thor the story was different.

Rulk can take .50 caliber at close range without injury or grab alien swords fine but when the Punisher had a vibranium knife he simply pierced Rulk's skin almost to the hilt of the knife.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: He was cutting WWH even though he said It was getting harder. Don't know why you talked about the uru armor though.

About the other topic: Iron Man can't kill Thor. Bullets won't kill him even if they pierce him, his-god force allow him to take a lot more than a bullet piercing him. Adamantium bullets depending on the writer were capable of piercing hulk slightly so I don't see It going further than that, pierce through his entire body - no way. Uru, depending on the quality of enchantments can get more indestructible than adamantium.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as durability goes, he's survived the scripting of Bendis and Fraction. That trumps any measly "walking in the sun" or "tanking a celestial hit" feat.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: Thor's armor is made of the worst material I've ever seen, he doesn't even use her anymore for she was useless, he could hit a building and she would be torn apart, his skin is much more durable in any department than that armor. In fact I think she is supposed to work more like a cool outfit than everything else. In the end It doesn't matter, a gun can't produce enough strength to a point where an adamantium bullet would harm Thor, even if It hurts him he will simply continue to fight because he is one of the characters with more damage soak ever.

First if Thor has Jarnbjorn who was capable of cutting the Destroyer any adamantium will be screwed, If Thor has Mjolnir a godblast will completely destroy adamantium just like Mjolnir couldn't handle It while his durability was augmented.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as durability goes, he's survived the scripting of Bendis and Fraction. That trumps any measly "walking in the sun" or "tanking a celestial hit" feat.

Good one, "Bendis/Fraction survival"... the most impressive feats of all!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this may not count as a "durability" feat but we may count it as an "invulnerability" feat:

No Caption Provided

Thor versus Fire-Lord, and we see here Thor "temporally" resisting Fire-Lord's blast which Cosmic Being himself states that:

No Caption Provided

Thor manages to get the upper hand before flying off with Fire-Lord on the offence:

No Caption Provided

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

being the mightest avenger

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Survived weight liek a neutron star, attacks from bot just a celestial but one of The big boys far greater then a common one. Losing limbs a bomb that could destroy the Galaxy. One if the best he survived all of caps boyscout moments

Avatar image for deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c
    deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surviving a solar system busting bomb, though he was knocked unconscious, considering that the explosion looks to be even larger than the ship, it's very impressive, though the exact size of a "small" solar system isn't clear.

He's got another similar feat, though not quite on the same level.

Though if you look closely you can see him flying alongside the ship, so the validity of this feat is debatable, but it looks to me like he was caught in part of the explosion, as it occurred prior to him reaching the ship, and he did seem dazed.

Plenty of others that have already been mentioned: being unfazed in the core of the sun, supernova level attacks.

He also survives being crushed by the weight of twenty planets, and assuming that Thor is referring to Earth (a fair assumption, as it's a planet familiar to Thor, the writer and the reader), that would be the equivalent of 120 sextillion tonnes.

It also doubles as a strength feat, as he was able to move enough to fire an energy blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.