Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor Animated Series

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Adam Michaels

With the big debut of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes a few weeks away, I was wondering what the status of the Thor animated series is. Wikipedia says there are 26-episodes ordered and that a show featuring the God of Thunder would debut late-2010. I'm not sure how accurate that is. Maybe no one has really updated Wikipedia's page yet. But I'm hoping maybe a more enlightened fan can in turn enlighten me on any more info on this supposed animated series. 

The timing is obviously perfect, seeing as how the direct-to-video animated film Thor: Son of Asgard will be out early-2011, and together hyping up the big Thor live-acion film in time for its release. But if the animated series is slated for a late-2010 debut, shouldn't some kind of promotion begin? I know all of the hype is placed on the Avengers show since it is out first (and soon at that), but you'd think some more information on Thor would be released? Has it been delayed? Maybe shelved?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

What is the status on this?  Does anybody know?
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Are they still doing it?

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Larkin1388

I have no clue but would like to know as well...

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @Larkin1388:
    I hope they use the Avengers animation style. It looks great!! 

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Larkin1388
    @Mr. Dead Pool: I'm not diggin' the animation but overall it looks good. Is it me or is everything animated starting to look "Disney" now?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.