Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor and Marvel's Avengers Assemble

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it me, or Thor is getting his ass kicked in that series, literaly? I mean I loved Earth's Mightiest Heroes, this one I find it hard to like and more when my favorite character, Thor, is so depowered and different than the Thor I know.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's because of Loeb. his love of Hulk is so great he'll get every opportunity to make Thor useless.

Avatar image for kingofthunder247
    kingofthunder247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the best.......i hope season 2 of avengers assemble be alot better.....i read they are working on season 2 now.....maybe thor will be better

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers Assemble is a horrible show. Earth's Mightiest Heroes was based of the classic iterations of the characters (with some twists), but the interpretations were faithful, so the characters were allowed to shine.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alexandru84

So Loeb is the problem then... That's why, I imagine, that Hulk has a series, like the agents of smash, and Thor doesn't have one...

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even kids prefer Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Avengers Assemble just assumes they are idiots. This is quoted from my 10 year old cousin. I've rewatched EMH many times. It's so good!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

people watch that show?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's because of Loeb. his love of Hulk is so great he'll get every opportunity to make Thor useless.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

They're trying really hard to make it just like the MCU even going so far as to recreate certain shots and putting them in the show. It sucks and they should be ashamed for getting rid of EMH in exchange for that crap.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want EMH back!! :'(

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Don't take the show seriously. It's a ridiculous mess

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Wolverine008

They're trying really hard to make it just like the MCU even going so far as to recreate certain shots and putting them in the show. It sucks and they should be ashamed for getting rid of EMH in exchange for that crap.

Don't take the show seriously. It's a ridiculous mess

These.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk Agents of Smash, Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble are all a slap in the face to comic fans.

F**k you Marvel/Disney.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's craped on in every episode up to Hulk's day out.

however in that episode he claps the Hulk from the moon to the earth, leaving an indent of mjolnir in Hulk's face, knocking him out. as well as leaving him with a concussion and amnesia. the Hulk doesn't even remeber who he is.

it was nice to finally see Thor get some respect.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also like to say that making a show more like the MCU, and then gearing it towards 5 year olds makes zero sense.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By alexandru84

@youmessinwithme: Yeah! Although afterward Thor could not take on that giant worm, so Hulk comes to save the day. Come on!! First of all he could have done that earlier when he was already on the moon (this makes the story bad or for 5 year olds) , and second the guy who can summon storms from 1000 worlds, who can blast planetoids, can't destroy that thing? even if they take Movie Thor, he destroyed some square kilometers of iceGiant city with a swing of his hammer, and he cannot do anything more against that worm tentacle thing? When will we ever get to see a good Thor series?

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By youmessinwithme

@youmessinwithme: Yeah! Although afterward Thor could not take on that giant worm, so Hulk comes to save the day. Come on!! First of all he could have done that earlier when he was already on the moon (this makes the story bad or for 5 year olds) , and second the guy who can summon storms from 1000 worlds, who can blast planetoids, can't destroy that thing? even if they take Movie Thor, he destroyed some square kilometers of iceGiant city with a swing of his hammer, and he cannot do anything more against that worm tentacle thing? When will we ever get to see a good Thor series?

He destroys maybe like 100 square meters of joutenheim. lets not get carried away movie Thor is a joke. and even though their power levels don't line up in the show, it was still ltotally cool to see Thor get one nice feat. especially when the other Avengers say that NO ONE has the power to do that to Hulk. and Thor clearly does, on a good day I guess. in the next episode Dr. doom catches one of his punches.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to glean any semblance of established characterization in that show is pointless. As with most of Marvel's ideas, the characters are props to serve whatever plot is put forth.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alexandru84

@youmessinwithme: Yes I guess your right in the movie he just caused the ice to crack in Joutenheim cause of the first hit...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By THORSON

i've yet to see that filth of a show.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Experio

Show sucks, Marvel made a big mistake cancelling EMH.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet again the Internet strikes. When EMH was on everyone said it sucked now it's the best thing to happen since firefly (witch is high over rated). Me I actually like Avengers Assemble it has gotten better since the starter episodes. It's not that Thor is depowered it's that the whole point of the avengers is that fight enemies that no one hero can defeat.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: I thought everyone hated Super Hero Squad.

Master_Avatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they nerfed his powers immensely because he's a "God" (MCU uses this term loosely) and wouldn't need the avengers if he was at classic levels.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Yet again the Internet strikes. When EMH was on everyone said it sucked now it's the best thing to happen since firefly (witch is high over rated). Me I actually like Avengers Assemble it has gotten better since the starter episodes. It's not that Thor is depowered it's that the whole point of the avengers is that fight enemies that no one hero can defeat.

I don't remember backlash resembling anything close to what has ensued since Avengers Assemble started. Mostly everyone enjoyed it because they based the show off the classic concepts of the characters and stories. The new show is just a dumbed down version of the live-action films.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's craped on in every episode up to Hulk's day out.

however in that episode he claps the Hulk from the moon to the earth, leaving an indent of mjolnir in Hulk's face, knocking him out. as well as leaving him with a concussion and amnesia. the Hulk doesn't even remeber who he is.

it was nice to finally see Thor get some respect.

whats the episode called... video link??

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

I don't remember this reaction when EMH started. Either way, EMH is better, far better. EMH was loyal to the comics, and they managed to represent pretty well all the chars in the series. EMH had an amazing well written plot that would get you interested in the series. EMH had great char development as well, that can be easily seen. Also, the dialogue and interaction between the chars was very good. And I like EMH'S art work way better.

Now, avengers assemble has a poor childish plot. Actually, calling it a childish plot is an insult to children. My 10 year old cousin said AA is stupid. AA didn't manage to make a copy of the movie chars, as the chars are way worse. The dialogue is weak, the jokes are really bad too. There is no such thing as char development in that series. AA is a bad show, and it's stupid to cancel EMH in order to air that crap.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rather then complain, quit watching it. Maybe it'll go off the air. If Marvel see's it's business model of pandering to little kids isn't working, maybe they'll make things more in the vein of EMH.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolfus

Rather then complain, quit watching it. Maybe it'll go off the air. If Marvel see's it's business model of pandering to little kids isn't working, maybe they'll make things more in the vein of EMH.

What if we quit watching AND complain? It gives us a higher chance of getting EMH back? Is there any chance that we can get EMH back? I'd love to help., if there is.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RisingBean

I dunno about getting EMH back. It generally seems once something is gone it's gone for good. But it wouldn't hurt to send in letters to the execs saying that you don't watch the new stuff because it's dumbed down, note that you did watch EMH and hope for the best. At any rate if the bottom line for AA drops the show will be cancelled. And to get something else moving, that is the first step. The big problem is convincing the masses to do so. Even CV is only a small part of the viewing demographic, I'd think.

I know that between Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers EMH I refuse to watch Marvel cartoons. I'm not going to invest with a group who will cancel what I like to make an inferior product a year later.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is mostly terrible. The only episode I enjoyed was the one with Hyperion.

@z3ro180 said:

which*

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno about getting EMH back. It generally seems once something is gone it's gone for good. But it wouldn't hurt to send in letters to the execs saying that you don't watch the new stuff because it's dumbed down, note that you did watch EMH and hope for the best. At any rate if the bottom line for AA drops the show will be cancelled. And to get something else moving, that is the first step. The big problem is convincing the masses to do so. Even CV is only a small part of the viewing demographic, I'd think.

I know that between Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers EMH I refuse to watch Marvel cartoons. I'm not going to invest with a group who will cancel what I like to make an inferior product a year later.

I see. But well, I remember a series, a very nice one, it was called Chuck. The series was supposed to end in the 2nd season, but the fans managed to bring it back and it lasted until the 5th season. Maybe it's not too late for EMH. But people must stop watching that crap and send letters. Maybe we can't get it back, but AA would be cancelled too.

You got a point. Marvel creates an awesome show and cancels it for no reason at all, just to put in it's place a worse one. It's completelly stupid, and that will cost them a lot. Idk why they still do that.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it surprising that they cancelled EMH to make way for Assemble. EMH was literally the perfect introduction to the characters and the classic stories for children. I think EMH would have remained a perfect transition from the live-action films to the comics for kids.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is way underpowered in Avengers Assemble.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.