Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor and Chris Yost

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why does Marvel let this guy write Thor related things? He always makes thor look weak i.e. Thor the Dark World and Hulk vs. Thor. I'm starting to really hate Marvel and their editorial decisions.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OmegaRed86

He did Hulk vs Thor? Ok, I officially hate this guy. He could have done better on the Kurse/Thor scene, but Hulk vs is unforgivable.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think your making a to big deal out of it. I'll take Loki and Thor taking down Kurse over Superman having to have the military save his ass from Faora kicking his ass. its not like Thor needed a human to help him defeat Kurse but Loki another equal god to help Thor.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: It would have been fine if the fight was an actual fight, but Kurse just punching him into the ground is ridiculous, not entertaining and reminiscent of Hulk vs Thor.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegared86: He has stated in interviews that he doesn't like Thor so I don't understand why he is put on to write him.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@omegared86: He has stated in interviews that he doesn't like Thor so I don't understand why he is put on to write him.

Please post said interview where Yost said the words "I don't like Thor."

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Yost helped write The Dark World? Interesting.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGodofThunder
    Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What??????????????????????????????

Having him write the movie is officially the dumbest thing I've heard this past week.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGodofThunder

Okay, so I can't find the interview, but I know I read it! It has just been awhile. I did read that his and craig kyles commentary on Hulk vs. Thor gave some very good clues as to his opinions on thor, such as them laughing when thor is getting beat, having banner save the day because he's a real hero, as well as saying they left the vs. wolverine battle ambiguous out of respect to the fans. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thegodofthunder: I've listend to the commentary on both of those when I rented it and I can confirm it. To be fair, they were making some jokes during the Wolverine one, but they did state on the Thor one that Banner accepting the Hulk was meant to make him come out as a hero in the sense that one has to accept life or something like that. In the beginning of Hulk vs thor Thor is weary of the cycle of violence and Banner accepting Hulk was supposed to demonstrate that that is part of life and a true hero accepts that or something like that. Even if you do not listen to the commentary the sheer difference between the portrayals proofs the different regard they have for each character. Wolverine is vastly overpowered by the Hulk, but still looks good and holds his own. They were still going at it at the end. Thor and all of Asgard was the Hulk's punching bag.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@seekquaze: Thanks for confirming that. Wonder what the moviewould've been like had yost not worked on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.