Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor accessories?

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Larkin1388

I know that Thor is able to wield Mjolnir, but in norse mythology He needs a magic gauntlet to help him wield it and also wears a belt to double his powers. Does have either of these two items or has he ever had them in comics at all?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

From what I know he has the belt although I'm not sure if he has it now. I don't think he ever had a gauntlet.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thor's hammmer

yes he had the Gauntlets and the belt except the belt only doubled powers and the Gauntlets were only meant to protect him from the most devastating energies he can use
    TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheVindicator

@Thor's hammmer said:

" yes he had the Gauntlets and the belt except the belt only doubled powers and the Gauntlets were only meant to protect him from the most devastating energies he can use "

I know he used the belt to double his strength (or 10 times as some say)....but do you have any scans of the gauntlet? As i am sure you are aware, in Norse mythology the glove protected his hand as Mjolnir got red-hot when used repeatedly.
    Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tank.
    @Formidable said:
    " but do you have any scans of the gauntlet? "
    I believe Red Norvell used the gauntlets for a time when he 'took' over Thor's role in Asgard.
    TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheVindicator
    @Tank. said:
    " @Formidable said:
    " but do you have any scans of the gauntlet? "
    I believe Red Norvell used the gauntlets for a time when he 'took' over Thor's role in Asgard. "
    Would you have any scans of them perhaps? I am curious to see what their Marvel iteration looked like.
    Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tank.
    @Formidable: Sure but might take me a bit to scrounge through the pile of comics.
    TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheVindicator
    @Tank. said:
    " @Formidable: Sure but might take me a bit to scrounge through the pile of comics. "
    Ok great. No hurry though. Doesn't have to be today either but I certainly appreciate it.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @Formidable said:
    @Thor's hammmer said:
    " yes he had the Gauntlets and the belt except the belt only doubled powers and the Gauntlets were only meant to protect him from the most devastating energies he can use "
    I know he used the belt to double his strength (or 10 times as some say)....but do you have any scans of the gauntlet? As i am sure you are aware, in Norse mythology the glove protected his hand as Mjolnir got red-hot when used repeatedly. "

warriors madness is 10 times the belt is 2 times  

Thor wore the Gloves when he did the Godblast against a celestial but they were destroyed (instead of his hands) I'm not sure if they were re-made after that since Mjolneir is also destroyed by the Godblast and is obviously re-made 
     http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsCelestials15.jpg 
    http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg
    Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tank.
    @Formidable: Found it faster than I thought. Thor #478
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheVindicator

@Tank. said:

" @Formidable: Found it faster than I thought.

Wow. Thanks a lot. Those gauntlets are 10 kinds of awesome. I wish he still wore them.

@Thor's hammmer said:

" @Formidable said:

@Thor's hammmer said:
    I know he used the belt to double his strength (or 10 times as some say)....but do you have any scans of the gauntlet? As i am sure you are aware, in Norse mythology the glove protected his hand as Mjolnir got red-hot when used repeatedly. "

warriors madness is 10 times the belt is 2 times  

Thor wore the Gloves when he did the Godblast against a celestial but they were destroyed (instead of his hands) I'm not sure if they were re-made after that since Mjolneir is also destroyed by the Godblast and is obviously re-made 
      http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsCelestials15.jpg 
    http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg "

Thanks a lot. Those links and scans were great x10. I wish they had have been remade and that he wore them and the belt.
    Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tank.
    @Formidable said:
    "Thanks a lot. Those links and scans were great x10. I wish they had have been remade and that he wore them and the belt. "
    The scans I provided were after the ones Thor's Hammer showed. So the gloves were crafted/fixed. Later on in the series Red Norvell stops using the gloves as well but I don't recall why. It's been forever since I've read through them.
    TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheVindicator
    @Tank. said:
    " @Formidable said:
    "Thanks a lot. Those links and scans were great x10. I wish they had have been remade and that he wore them and the belt. "
    The scans I provided were after the ones Thor's Hammer showed. So the gloves were crafted/fixed. Later on in the series Red Norvell stops using the gloves as well but I don't recall why. It's been forever since I've read through them. "
    Fantastic. Thanks for the info. It would have been a shame to have the gloves be permanently destroyed.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Well I know Ultimate Thor needs his belt to lift his hammer but they never really explained if it was due to Loki or not

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.