Thor #3 ( Possible Spoilers)

#1 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

(I'm really now sure what the criteria is on posting something about a comic that just came out, so I'm going out on a limb here. If it violates any rules, I apologize.)

Did anyone read/ see the fight between Thor and Iron Man in Thor #3?

I was reading it at the edge of my seat. I have to admit though, I had mixed emotions during the Iron Man beatdown, because he was BEATDOWN by the Mighty Thunder God.

Tony deserves what he got for everything he did during Civil War and now during the Initiative, but part of me, the part that still wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, was slightly sad.

The whole character assassination of Tony Stark is hard to stomach. He did some TERRIBLE things, and maybe some of the things he did MAY have been in character but not everything. And many of the writers are just taking this concept of "Tony the Great Fascist Evil" and running with it, especially JMS. I just feel bad that a once great character was taken down this path that borders villainy, if he hasn't already crossed that territory. But that's my personal opinion.

And now the part of me that wanted him to get his Iron ass kicked by Thor and boy did we get a lot of that, is very much satisfied. I have to say what Thor did, man, you have to bow down to him. He is no doubt the God of Thunder and a force to reckon with. And moreover, you have to respect the fact that he didn't give in at the end. Hell, he admitted to being neutral but he STILL managed to tell Tony off. Unfortunately for Tony though, he looked like a chump at the end of the fight. But nonetheless, what a fight!

All Hail Thor the giver of one of the best fights of the year. Glad to have him back, truly.

#2 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

For the longest they made Tony a lush and now he's the poster boy for treachery. Someone must have something against the character.

#3 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

You're right. Probably the editorial staff.

And now with the whole Skrull undertone at Marvel, a lot of people think that Tony's a Skrull. And while it would explain so much, it would also be such a lame cop-out. So it's a double-edged sword.

#4 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"You're right. Probably the editorial staff.And now with the whole Skrull undertone at Marvel, a lot of people think that Tony's a Skrull. And while it would explain so much, it would also be such a lame cop-out. So it's a double-edged sword."

I agree but you can almost see it coming. "Ohhh Tony was a Skrull and so was Cap. The real heroes are trapped somewhere and the Skrulls started Civil War to try and destroy Earths best hope." Something lame like that :P

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"You're right. Probably the editorial staff.And now with the whole Skrull undertone at Marvel, a lot of people think that Tony's a Skrull. And while it would explain so much, it would also be such a lame cop-out. So it's a double-edged sword."

They said they wouldn't make Tony a Skrull because they didn't want to give him a way out of Civil War. Could just be more trickery though.

#6 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and they're just going to have to get cut, whichever way they go. I'd rather not have him be a skrull so we can see him go to great pains to redeem himself, once he discovers that he has been in the wrong.

#7 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Maelstrom says:

I agree but you can almost see it coming. "Ohhh Tony was a Skrull and so was Cap. The real heroes are trapped somewhere and the Skrulls started Civil War to try and destroy Earths best hope." Something lame like that :P"

Bite your tongue. I pray that Marvel won't do that to us. Part of me would prefer that Tony actually did what he did, instead of getting such a weak excuse. Everyone's probably been a Skrull at one point.

If they do, then the last big event I'll enjoy is "Hulk Smash!" during World War Hulk, which is somewhat painful for what he did to my number 1 team! :grrrs:

And I'm lying through my teeth : xD :because I'd so buy the Skrull event, especially in hopes of seeing Lyja!

#8 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know I wouldn't take them on their word, like you said it could be a trick and it seems something they'd say to put the fans at ease before laughing in their face for being so gullible.

I agree with you Forever, part of me anyway.

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Beautiful work you sound just like a thro fan if you are then good heavens thats the right way to say it.

#10 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Beautiful work you sound just like a thro fan if you are then good heavens thats the right way to say it."

Thank you, Zee Crusher.

Believe it or not, I was once more of a Tony Stark fan. I liked and respected Thor, but I really liked Tony and his constant struggle of being a hero with no powers in a world that was dominated with people with natural and gained powers. Sure he uses an armor that's high-tech, but when he takes it off he's a man sorta like us.

But after Civil War, I wanted Tony to get his ass kicked, because it was insulting and hurtful to clone one of your best friends. A God no less. Thor deserved to kick his ass, and kick it he did.
Post Edited:2007-09-12 20:03:50

#11 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol i agree to clone a god then let a god with enough power to destroy a PLANET lose crazy lol. I dn't blame thor alot of dicrepct towards him plus yeah during the civil war he listened to a woman who spit on him that was stupid lol i'd get her arrested and yeah it would have never started.

#12 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I seem to remember a two page editorial in a Superman comic about how he was dying and never coming back. Apparently he did.

#13 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

you saying back in lik 1933 something when those two kids awent around for a while or when wonder man was supermans first copy cat?Superma probably gonna be around for ever lol.

#14 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Lol i agree to clone a god then let a god with enough power to destroy a PLANET lose crazy lol. I dn't blame thor alot of dicrepct towards him plus yeah during the civil war he listened to a woman who spit on him that was stupid lol i'd get her arrested and yeah it would have never started."

You know when you mentioned the "woman who spit on him" I got reminded of a really funny parody on Civil War I read. I think you'd like it, I can send you the link if you'd like.

One of the main reasons why I think he did that, was because in his own comics Tony would have been the poster boy for the Registration Act, had he not made some deals with S.H.I.E.L.D. and the government.
Post Edited:2007-09-12 20:15:18

#15 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah tony making all those deals wasnt smart having little talks and stuff wasnt smat and yes i'd liek to see it lol also he should have thought abotu ti i would have been scared once i found out thors back i wouldnt go their to say hi lol.

#16 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony was trying to cover his ass. And now look where it's got him. Because you know even the people on his die know he's turned into an Iron Dickhead.

He was trying to play it off, and use his friendship with Thor to try to get him to register and help, but as we see, it didn't help him at all. He got his butt WHOOPED.

The parody is here:

http://mightygodking.com/index.php/i-dont-need-your-civil-war/

It's image-heavy so beware.

#17 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL who ever di that did some good editing and it was fun he ws liek your fighting a tank now a sexy one but yeah tony was stupid im gonna laugh once thor beats the life ot of him when i get it ofcourse lol.

#18 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

The person that did was a genius. I couldn't get over the electric collars of the infamous lines which include:

Captain America: If we don't have Freedom, than we aren't Free! And everything else that came out of Cap's mouth, he's awesome in everything he does. The man is love in all forms.

The Punisher= everything that came out of his mouth, especially the documentary style speech! Loved how he was irritating Cap.

And She-Hulks infamous: Jen's gots the mad bling.

I'll stop now. :P

You're going to love that issue, my friend. That was one of the best beat downs of the year.

#19 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS COMIC WAS AWESOME THOR TOTALLY MADE IRON MAN HIS B@#$%

#20 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"THIS COMIC WAS AWESOME THOR TOTALLY MADE IRON MAN HIS B@#$%"

That's the nice way to put it. :P

#21 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"The Mighty Thor says:
"THIS COMIC WAS AWESOME THOR TOTALLY MADE IRON MAN HIS B@#$%"
That's the nice way to put it. :P"

sorry but right now i don't like iron man

#22 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 2099, you're not the only one. Tony's the Golden Boy of animosity and hatred at the moment after everything he's done, for the past few months.

#23 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"Spiderman 2099, you're not the only one. Tony's the Golden Boy of animosity and hatred at the moment after everything he's done, for the past few months."

yea that is true so what do you think of him

#24 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I was a fan of his. Loved the character and the fact that he was like us, for the most part. Sure he has an armor that gives him some amazing abilities, but when it came off, he was just as brittle and susceptible as we were. And then Civil War happen and it just sickened me what he did. Cloning your friends, working with criminals, treating your former friends like trash, just didn't fly right for me. At the same time, I'm angry that writers pretty much villainized his character. They made him a criminal in sheep's clothings with some of the things he did. A man who parades around like a hero, but would do anything to win, bordering villainy behavior. I'd like to think, sure Tony would probably do SOME of the things they'd had him do, but not all that.

I still have a bit of hope that he'll redeem himself. It's going to take a long time, but it'd also make for some great story-telling. Now all Marvel has to do is NOT make him into a Skrull. That would have been too easy of a fix, and a pretty lame one at that.

#25 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"Honestly, I was a fan of his. Loved the character and the fact that he was like us, for the most part. Sure he has an armor that gives him some amazing abilities, but when it came off, he was just as brittle and susceptible as we were. And then Civil War happen and it just sickened me what he did. Cloning your friends, working with criminals, treating your former friends like trash, just didn't fly right for me. At the same time, I'm angry that writers pretty much villainized his character. They made him a criminal in sheep's clothings with some of the things he did. A man who parades around like a hero, but would do anything to win, bordering villainy behavior. I'd like to think, sure Tony would probably do SOME of the things they'd had him do, but not all that. I still have a bit of hope that he'll redeem himself. It's going to take a long time, but it'd also make for some great story-telling. Now all Marvel has to do is NOT make him into a Skrull. That would have been too easy of a fix, and a pretty lame one at that."

true but i have a huge feeling that he is a skrull

#26 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 2099 says:

"Maelstrom says:
"Honestly, I was a fan of his. Loved the character and the fact that he was like us, for the most part. Sure he has an armor that gives him some amazing abilities, but when it came off, he was just as brittle and susceptible as we were. And then Civil War happen and it just sickened me what he did. Cloning your friends, working with criminals, treating your former friends like trash, just didn't fly right for me. At the same time, I'm angry that writers pretty much villainized his character. They made him a criminal in sheep's clothings with some of the things he did. A man who parades around like a hero, but would do anything to win, bordering villainy behavior. I'd like to think, sure Tony would probably do SOME of the things they'd had him do, but not all that. I still have a bit of hope that he'll redeem himself. It's going to take a long time, but it'd also make for some great story-telling. Now all Marvel has to do is NOT make him into a Skrull. That would have been too easy of a fix, and a pretty lame one at that."

true but i have a huge feeling that he is a skrull

"

Bite your tongue. :P

Having him as a Skrull is a double-edged sword. In the end, no matter how much I wish he WERE a Skrull, for story-telling purposes it would be great if he actually did that from his own convictions and ideals. It can show you a man whose lost everything, who went from saint to devil and now has to live with his decisions and find a way to rectify everything he's done.
Post Edited:2007-09-13 17:43:34

#27 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

yea thats a good idea but him being a skrull would be huge because he is at the head of shield can move around there easy and when the skrulls attack and shield will fight but then there systems starts shuting down and then explosion went off from the inside destroying shield headquaters

#28 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 2099 says:

"yea thats a good idea but him being a skrull would be huge because he is at the head of shield can move around there easy and when the skrulls attack and shield will fight but then there systems starts shuting down and then explosion went off from the inside destroying shield headquaters"

While that would make for a great sequence, it seems sorta expected. I much rather like an idea of the Skrulls instigating things in secret. Like that Miriam Sharpe being a Skrull in hiding and then everything from there went better than the Skrulls planned.

#29 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good comic. I can't wait to see Thor get more involved with whats going on. I have a feeling this is just a small example of what will come when he finally does.

#30 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, his statement more or less 'this ain't over yet'.

#31 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

If he gets involved, I can foresee so many butt-kickings. And if it was anything like his fight with Tony, we're going to be entertained to no end.

#32 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"If he gets involved, I can foresee so many butt-kickings. And if it was anything like his fight with Tony, we're going to be entertained to no end. "

you got that right he would probably end this entire thing thats going on the only guy i think he might might have trouble with is sentry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.