'Thor 2' Release Date Pushed Back

Posted by G-Man (34296 posts) - - Show Bio

We're going to have to wait a little bit longer for Thor 2. Originally it was set for a July 26, 2013 release but Disney has announced that they will release Phineas and Ferb on that date instead (I guess it's based on a Disney Channel series or something).

Where does that leave Thor?

Thor 2 will be released on November 15, 2013. Right now, it seems to be the only big release set for that date. I'd rather my comic book movies not come out during SDCC season. No reason has been given. Let's hope the extra time is used to make the movie kick even more ass than it would have if released earlier.

UPDATE

Patty Jenkins (Monster) will direct Thor 2.

Staff
#1 Posted by G-Man (34296 posts) - - Show Bio

That first image says it all. "Ffffffffffffuuuuuuu.........!!!!!"

Staff
#2 Posted by Iron_Turtle (583 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

#3 Posted by G-Man (34296 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap, I think I killed this comment thread with that.

Staff
#4 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

see? i said it for years disney would kill the company and they did it by releasing... PHINEAS AND FERB? sounds like a bad STD! yup, lets hope the new head of disney in 2015 unloads it so they can be their own company again.

#5 Posted by shockwave632 (55 posts) - - Show Bio
Let's hope the extra time is used to make the movie kick even more ass than it would have if released earlier.

Is it just me, or does every comic book movie seem to get pushed back, and then we say THAT, but that extra polish never seems to make the movie a winner??

#6 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing the Avengers trailer I totally forgot all about this. It's only three months tho, could be worse :P

#7 Posted by sladewilson30 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

SDCC?

#8 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

Phineas & Ferb is the stupidest pointless show on Disney sucks Thor 2 got pushed aside for that garbage show

#9 Posted by G-Man (34296 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladewilson30: San Diego Comic-Con. This year, Captain America came out during and there was no way I was going to sit in a theater, even if it was right before the con opened on Thursday, to watch when there's so much other work to be done.

Staff
#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Either they're going for an Oscar or Thor's not gonna make a lot of money. This is a really bad move as far as the release date goes. Thor's supposed to be a Summer blockbuster.

#11 Posted by Bat_Mite51 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Phineas and Ferb. One of the better cartoons out there right now. 

But anyways, I didn't find Thor to be that great of a movie. I felt like they rushed it out to be on time with the Avengers film.

#12 Posted by Owie (3741 posts) - - Show Bio

My first thought is that the fall is a bad time for action movies, but maybe it will be good, because the comic movies were stepping all over each other this summer. Spreading them out over the year may actually create less burn out among movie goers and actually get it (and the others) a bigger audience.

#13 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Pushed back for Phineas and Ferb? Really, Disney? -____- 

@G-Man said:

QFT.
#14 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope we see Enchantress!

#15 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9064 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is good that they pushed the date back because there has a been a lot of superhero movies coming out lately and I think they should be spread out a little bit more. So, puching back the release date I think is a smart thing to do.

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm, interesting use of the first picture right there with him on the verge of what looks like dropping an F-bomb! Haha its okay though...I don't mind waiting a little longer for Thor2 since by then I'll still be in post-nerdgasmic rush rom Avengers.

#17 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio
@xhavoc86 said:

I hope we see Enchantress!

And Balder and Hela.  Oh and Jord ( Gaea), as well.
#18 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH MAN!!! but at least we cab say what we want in my blog a few months back.. remember? Also, my friend FireFlare153, finds him annoying, so troll his page for his Thor hate, I do it to him everyday!

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

They just announced that Patty whatsherface is on to direct. Great. My expectations just went from pretty high to sort of "I just hope it's ok".

#20 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

Well put.

#21 Posted by Deadcool (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

Crap, I think I killed this comment thread with that.

Nope you didn't

#22 Posted by ultimategirlshileha1236 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

man thats messed up!1!!!! even though i love phienas and ferb only good cartoon cartoon right now i WANTED THOR 2!!!! at least we have the avengers -sigh-

#23 Posted by horshbox (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Might give them a bit more time to work on the film to make it even better so no worries here

#24 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't remember if it was in the original theater showing or not, but the DVD release states that Thor will return next in the Avengers movie anyway instead of a direct sequel so what's the problem? I'm more surprised that Disney is actually making a P&F movie that's getting released to theaters since they already made one direct to TV/Video.

#25 Posted by kennybaese (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

As one of like, two people I know who didn't like Thor very much, I kind of don't care. I wonder if the trouble they seemed to have locking down a director is the reason for this? Though, isn't there another Marvel film scheduled for release that summer? Iron Man 3 maybe? I can't remember, I just think that maybe they don't want to put them too close together this time around.

X-Men: First Class wasn't Marvel studios specifically, but it was a Marvel property and it showed up with summer with two other Marvel movies... maybe they'll figure the movie will do better if it's not so closely positioned to whatever they're releasing that summer.

#26 Posted by hitechlolife (194 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm okay with this. who said sequels have to happen asap after the first? It never used to be like that. It's not like we wont see him in Avengers next year anyway.

#27 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

They moved it to November? Why the Hell November?

#28 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel!!!!!! arghhhh!!!! YOU ARE AN OLD MAN AND A FOOL!

#29 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: Lol! I was thinking the same too.

#30 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Summer, November...as long as we get the movie...

To paraphrase a quote from a great man: "Don't get your panties in a bunch, kids!"

#31 Posted by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

BS

#32 Posted by LordTaronji101 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpidermanWins:

#33 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it's good; I don't care.

#34 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanna see Enchantress in it...

#35 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

the first thor movie was good. hope the second one is too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.