Thor 2: Do you agree it should be Loki again?

#1 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard that in Thor 2, Loki was going to be villain as in the first movie, but if you were writing, would you leave it as Loki or try someone else instead? Share your thoughts and don't be scared to debate!

#2 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

He could be the mastermind behind everything, but they should use someone different to be the villain Thor battles in the films climax.

#3 Posted by blueduck (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki will be in it but they already cast someone else as a bad guy.

#4 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderpool94:He could be in it but not as the MAIN villain.

#5 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

no. not him again. could be behind it and explored in another movie, sure. but not him. oversaturating the public.

#6 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be there, but I hope it's Empress or Hela.

#7 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd actually like to see absorbing man myself

#8 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, if I were doing it I think I could go ahead with making Loki part of the plan, but not the film's big guy.

No, for Loki I would have him collaborate with Thanos (I hope I didn't give away a spoiler) in that Thanos would want his Gauntlet back and have Loki create some diversion.

For the diversion, I would introduce the Absorbing Man (how? not sure, but I'd love to do it) and another villain ( perhaps the Enchantress and the Executioner) to create trouble on earth (most likely regarding Jane Foster) making it so that Thor has to leave Asgard and Loki could escape with the gauntlet or make it so that Thanos could retrieve it personally.

#9 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

I still hope for enchantress and executioner and in his journey he should also travel to hell and encouter Hela and have a fight with the disir.

#10 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

they talk about the other realms so... idk put the villains from the other realms! personally i think Kurse would look cool , way out there theory: that ulik /tanarus arc would be interesting . let me explain : story takes place right after Thor takes Loki to asgard after "Avengers" , as he makes his way up there no ones knows who Thor is and is met by the big hero of asgard Tanarus who thanks Thor for returning his "brother" , Thor then tries to prove that he is the true hero and Tanarus is a impostor , throw in a invasion , some big monsters, and final fight between two hammer wielders and there you go .

#11 Posted by The_Thunderer (2890 posts) - - Show Bio

ENCHANTRESS PLEASE

#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Absorbing Man would be my personal villain choice...

#13 Posted by The_Tree (6399 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be in the movie in some form, but definitely not as the main villain.

#14 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aronmorales said:

Hmm, if I were doing it I think I could go ahead with making Loki part of the plan, but not the film's big guy.

No, for Loki I would have him collaborate with Thanos (I hope I didn't give away a spoiler) in that Thanos would want his Gauntlet back and have Loki create some diversion.

For the diversion, I would introduce the Absorbing Man (how? not sure, but I'd love to do it) and another villain ( perhaps the Enchantress and the Executioner) to create trouble on earth (most likely regarding Jane Foster) making it so that Thor has to leave Asgard and Loki could escape with the gauntlet or make it so that Thanos could retrieve it personally.

yeah you see personally i think that overcrowds a film. thing is, these films are also targeted at the entry level fans and so the characters ought to be introduced properly. In X-Men movies they always intorduced about eight new characters without any real evolution or development, so it was meanignless.

#15 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderpool94 said:

@Aronmorales said:

Hmm, if I were doing it I think I could go ahead with making Loki part of the plan, but not the film's big guy.

No, for Loki I would have him collaborate with Thanos (I hope I didn't give away a spoiler) in that Thanos would want his Gauntlet back and have Loki create some diversion.

For the diversion, I would introduce the Absorbing Man (how? not sure, but I'd love to do it) and another villain ( perhaps the Enchantress and the Executioner) to create trouble on earth (most likely regarding Jane Foster) making it so that Thor has to leave Asgard and Loki could escape with the gauntlet or make it so that Thanos could retrieve it personally.

yeah you see personally i think that overcrowds a film. thing is, these films are also targeted at the entry level fans and so the characters ought to be introduced properly. In X-Men movies they always intorduced about eight new characters without any real evolution or development, so it was meanignless.

Mm, I see what you're getting at.

In my opinion it could be done, but only if handled properly.

If I had to guess though, my idea here will look nothing like what Thor 2 is going to look like.

#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Yep thats what i want to see

#17 Posted by sagejonathan (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki should definitely be in it, but not the main villain that Thor fights.

#18 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is the Surtur fight Loki helps Thor and Odin.

#19 Posted by Cosmic_Hobo (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Tom Hiddleston has been cast in it, so Loki will definitely appear, but I doubt he's the main villain. I suspect he'll spend most of the mopvie locked up, giving Thor advice while knowing more than he's telling. Kind of like Hannibal Lecter I guess.

As for the main villain, I'd like Enchantress, if only because she's crazy hot

#20 Edited by Pyrogram (32218 posts) - - Show Bio

absorbing man myself.

#21 Posted by TheCannon (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have him in the film, but not as the main villain.

Online
#22 Edited by Aveen (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

ENCHANTRESS PLEASE

and have Alice Eve play her in the movie.

#24 Edited by OmegaRed86 (504 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by FlashKnight (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_thunderer said:

ENCHANTRESS PLEASE

and have Alice Eve play her in the movie.

Alice Eve would be great as Enchantress. The only thing that would put me off is she is a bit young.

#26 Edited by TazzMission (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@mega_spidey01 said:

@the_thunderer said:

ENCHANTRESS PLEASE

and have Alice Eve play her in the movie.

i have 2 intresting ones for enchantress

Yvonne Strahovski or emilia clarke

#27 Edited by THORSON (2034 posts) - - Show Bio

loki works better as a closet-side villain like he did in THOR 2. Loki is a planning trickster villain not a "I want to kill you just by hitting you"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.