Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

This is what i said about Thor with Jarnbjorn.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mjolnirson

Fu***** Awesome he is Thor a warrior born, god of thunder, who do not need a awesome weapon as mjolnir, who can take on everyone jajaja this is what Aaron should do with Thor and Jarnbjorn.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see no thunder. Not a damn spark. It was cool fight and everything, but damn it people. Thor was supposed to be the god of thunder with or without mjolnir. Why don't the writers just show some cool feats of him with jarnbjorn, you know, power feats. Well, all we can do now is wait for thor 004. Please Aaron, don't f*ck with thor anymore.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Like I said before: it was the only time I've seen Thor actually put that axe to effective use after being screwed out of Mjolnir. Nice choice of music btw. I'm a fan of Chevelle.

@wolfus: The reason you don't see that is because it would detract from what Aaron is doing. He obviously can't make his poser goddess shine if the real Thor can still make use of his powers without the hammer.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said before: it was the only time I've seen Thor actually put that axe to effective use after being screwed out of Mjolnir. Nice choice of music btw. I'm a fan of Chevelle.

@wolfus: The reason you don't see that is because it would detract from what Aaron is doing. He obviously can't make his poser goddess shine if the real Thor can still make use of his powers without the hammer.

That's exactly the problem. I couldn't care less about the b*tch. But even if I cared, I still believe it's completely possible to make "his goddess" shine with mjolnir without making thor a useless fodder. I mean, seriously. It's not about the hammer. It's what you do with it. That's what she was supposed to be about it. But thor? Thor should be about doing everything he did even without the hammer.

And my proof is beta ray bill. Did they destroy thor in order to create bill? Nay. So, the same thing should be done with her.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfus said:

I see no thunder. Not a damn spark. It was cool fight and everything, but damn it people. Thor was supposed to be the god of thunder with or without mjolnir. Why don't the writers just show some cool feats of him with jarnbjorn, you know, power feats. Well, all we can do now is wait for thor 004. Please Aaron, don't f*ck with thor anymore.

there is thunder, he is not using it like he did to Gorr but he is angry and as i said before there is thunder

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think he looks like a hobo. A supremely powered hobo, but a hobo nonetheless. Considering who he was fighting he should mop the floor with them.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@haveatthee: He does look like a hobo. But, as far as I'm concerened, the "supremely powered" part remains to be seen.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfus

@mjolnirson said:

@wolfus said:

there is thunder, he is not using it like he did to Gorr but he is angry and as i said before there is thunder

In which minute, exactly? None, I'll say. At least they displayed nice strength feats, which is pretty cool, and much more respectful than losing an arm in his first battle without mjolnir. But he is not f*cking hercules. He's the god of thunder. We all want to see powerful feats from unworthy thor, don't we? I mean, they already took his flight away. Don't take the thunder too.

Edit: I guess I saw thunder. But in the background? I mean, he doesn't strike his oponents, any of them, with it? Stupid as f*ck. That would be like iron man arriving on the scene, but then getting out of the suit and fighting with the guy with his fists.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThunderingThorFan

Two things happened in this:

1) still makes no sense that Thor was on the moon the whole time. They tried to fix it but couldn't because...guess what? Thor didn't have Jarnbjorn with him on the moon when he was told to confront the Frost Giants.

2) marvel again attempting to attach Thors powers exclusively to mjolnir. What's that BS loki is spouting??! "You can't lift the hammer that is your BIrthright?" Last I checked, thor had no Weapons at his birth bequeathed or promised to him. He did however, have his Lightning. Also, birthright had nothing to do with mjolnir. It was the damned "worthiness!"

STOP TRYING TO FIX YOUR BLUNDERS AND JUST END THIS FARCE!!!

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HaveAtThee

@haveatthee: He does look like a hobo. But, as far as I'm concerened, the "supremely powered" part remains to be seen.

Thor is one of the most powerful beings even without the hammer. The likes of Cyclops and Havok should be nothing more than nuisances against someone who has tangoed with Galactus and tanked a couple shots from a Celestial.

Perhaps you're referring to if the writers treat him that way going forward? Maybe then I'll agree that he'll probably look like a buffoon in most stories.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfus said:

@mjolnirson said:

@wolfus said:

In which minute, exactly? None, I'll say. At least they displayed nice strength feats, which is pretty cool, and much more respectful than losing an arm in his first battle without mjolnir. But he is not f*cking hercules. He's the god of thunder. We all want to see powerful feats from unworthy thor, don't we? I mean, they already took his flight away. Don't take the thunder too.

Edit: I guess I saw thunder. But in the background? I mean, he doesn't strike his oponents, any of them, with it? Stupid as f*ck. That would be like iron man arriving on the scene, but then getting out of the suit and fighting with the guy with his fists.

that´s true, however he dont need the thunder and for what we've seen, he use the thunder in extreme circumstances, like Gorr, in this case he was one shotting everyone with Jarnbjorn and the thunder was a part of his wrath

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfus said:

@mjolnirson said:

@wolfus said:

that´s true, however he dont need the thunder and for what we've seen, he use the thunder in extreme circumstances, like Gorr, in this case he was one shotting everyone with Jarnbjorn and the thunder was a part of his wrath

Not entirely true. See, Idk,the tenth realm. He was using thunder constantly. Also, he likes to emit lightning from mjolnir when hitting someone sometimes. Never once done with jarnbjorn

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Pretty impressive. He fights well with the axe. As for me, I've always liked Jarnbjorn and Mjolnir equally. The only thing that frustrates me and so many others is the fact that he lost his identity and name over the loss of his hammer.

Anyway, the above fight was nice, I would however love to see him implement more lightning during combat.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: yes, the real trouble is that people seems to be more a fan of mjolnir than Thor himself jajaja but meh you are right about his identity.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: no ones a fan of mjolnir. But when you humiliate Thor and assign all of his attributes to a hammer that has NOTHING to do with his name or the powers that are his genetic birthright, you're damn straight we're gonna be mad. Not one thing has been done to develop thor without mjolnir. Energy powers are a MUST! Wow. He's strong. Big damn deal. He's stronger than hulk. Always has been. Why can't he fly? Where's the firepower? I want this addressed and dealt with NOW!!!

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: i agree with the thing about his powers i want them too, but this is a little piece of the cake there is just two comics with Thor without mjolnir... i mean young Thor did some cool shit, he just has started,and do not act like he is nothing without mjolnir... he is just broken now he must get on his feet

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, he is fighting him with a weapon that was specifically designed to work against him.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He should be able to wield thunder. Aaron had this in his earlier storyline with young Thor, so taking that away from the character comes off as a glaring error.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: EXACTLY!

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfus said:

thor can still use his powers. the thing is tho, not having his hammer puts on the same limits storm has.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By arthurkerr

Odd if Thor had no power and the hammer granted the power of Thor to the user.... then the user would have no power as well. So it stands to reason Thor, s powers are his own.

The hammer only mimics Thors powers does not grant anything.

Thor is not his hammer.

Uru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Uru

@arthurkerr: @ms-lola: @thunderingthorfan: @wolfus:

Like most of Thor fans at the moment i don't like Aaron and his female that is not Thor Pr stunt, but you guys didn't read Loki AA #9 that is tie in with Axis #9.

He is the God of Thunder even in The Tenth Realm story line i also did the same without Mjolnir, and when he was younger and didn't have the hammer.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uru: awesome feat. Cool to see him use storms withih Mjolnir. It seems like all the other writers are treating Thor well and giving him great unworthy feats, let's see what Aaron has Thor to when he fights Lady Thor in issue #4.

But I must say I hate how he goes by "the odinson" now. The hammer did not give him his name.

Uru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@uru: awesome feat. Cool to see him use storms withih Mjolnir. It seems like all the other writers are treating Thor well and giving him great unworthy feats, let's see what Aaron has Thor to when he fights Lady Thor in issue #4.

But I must say I hate how he goes by "the odinson" now. The hammer did not give him his name.

Thor will lose to the pr stunt, Aaron after the whisper lost all his credibility, still love TGOT, So now he is just the Odinson, but when he was young and didn't have the hammer he was Thor right? This change is P.I.S. after P.I.S. do you ever will forgive Aaron for placing the publicity and sales above the character identity and core essential elements?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor was Thor long before the hammer came along. I like his hammer they complete one another but a true warrior has many weapon's and can use them all. His most important is his mind. Thor has always shown great resolve in problem solving and his hammer has been destroyed many times and yet his powers were never effected. So why this changed him is odd.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uru: I will have to wait and see how the female Thor story ends to decide, as well as what he does with Thor after it's over. I still love what he did on TGOT so I think he's a great writer, but what he's doing now is just bad. If he returns to writing great Thor stories after female thor is done then it will be okay. I am sure he will.

He better explain why odin cant lift the hammer too. He's a skyfather and he enchanted it. That makes no sense.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Odin may not be Odin after all.

Would give Thor something to do.

Go save his father.

Thor would never leave his father to die.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mjolnirson
    @jayc1324 said:

@uru: I will have to wait and see how the female Thor story ends to decide, as well as what he does with Thor after it's over. I still love what he did on TGOT so I think he's a great writer, but what he's doing now is just bad. If he returns to writing great Thor stories after female thor is done then it will be okay. I am sure he will.

He better explain why odin cant lift the hammer too. He's a skyfather and he enchanted it. That makes no sense.

Loading Video...

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uru: Thank you for tagging me, you reminded me I was behind on Loki's book and I completely forgot about it. Just finished reading it now and while I feel a lot better that original Thor is still able to control lightning, I'm all sorts of confused on how the issue turned out and what happened to Loki and how the Mjolnir was wielded by him and the protection it gave him. Then not.

I hate that Marvel is borrowing heavily on this nine month displacement thing they have going on to get away with actions which don't make sense to older fans because I struggle to understand what's going on with all the characters in other books. Just give us the whisper already. I'm at the point where I am considering not bothering to purchase any more Axis books because I don't get it.

Uru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Uru

@ms-lola: Axis And Original Sin are the the worse events that i read in the last years, total mess, The whisper will be explained in the end of the present run, to not hurt the sales it was P.I.S like Odin unworthy.

And did you get why Loki didn't go to Super Saiyan after being worthy of Mjolnir?

If we make the assumption that Female Thor is Human none of the suspects Jane or Roz have blonde hair, so Mjolnir made female Thor super Saiyan, but Loki remain the same Loki as we know him, even his speech didn't become Asgardian warrior, like Female Thor, and Loki was worthy after the whisper, so is there a justification here? I just don't see it, but maybe i m biased, because i don't like how marvel did this change.

When it comes to diversity everything gets a free pass, and doesn't matter what was done to achieve that change, critics and media always will applaud, but let's be realistic if you are a usual Thor reader you have to shut down your brain to go along with some of Aaron and marvel recent moves, and i really like the Marvel Women, i m also reading Angela, but for me Marguerite Bennett is doing a terrible job, with that horrible flashbacks that set Angela as a simple mercenary, and that wasn't her personality in GOTG, and i really can't like the character being portrayed like that, and is going to be hard to make her a real Asgardian warrior like Sif, but even if there is the argument that the female readers don't like Angela book, i can't believe why they don't support Angela like the Female Thor, and assuming that Thor Odinson will be worthy again the "human" female Thor, will not have the future that Anglea will have in Asgard, because Angela is Odin's daughter and female Thor is produced by the Mjolnir in terms of looks and behavior, like i said in other topic, without the hammer the image that marvel is selling right now ends and she doesn't have any future in Asgard, i guess some readers didn't found that out yet, but i really don't believe that Thor Odinson isn't worthy again when his next movie comes out, back to Angela the first issues sales weren't good and i will be very disappointed if her book also is canceled like Sif's JIM that was awesome, guess readers don't want original female lead that much, it's always more creative and original to read a female version of a male superhero, even if to achieve that you had butched the character core essential elements like his own NAME "THOR", but like i said above when it comes to diversity everything is awesome.

Loading Video...

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uru: Well, Loki is still a god, regardless. That could explain the lack of anything changing on him physically. I do believe it's Roz, and maybe even Jane. This new Thor has no idea what the Mojlnir can really do outside of what she's seen it do. This heavy fixation on the portion of the moon that has atmosphere really pushes the idea that she is human. I almost felt like yelling at Loki's latest issue, "Okay already, I got it. There is air to be breathed here." Doesn't explain why the new Thor seemed to be dressed for the occasion though, and also, how she got up there in the first place. I'd put that on Frejya.

You had me laughing at the Super Saiyan comparison. It even comes with black, glossy lipstick!

For me, I love Angela's new book and while she does seem different from her Guardians of the Galaxy depiction, I like her cold and strict adherence to the idea of "nothing for nothing". I'm guessing her friend Sera is supposed to be the kooky and laid back side kick to off set the harshness of her. She is a warrior, that's for sure. I'm disappointed that her book isn't doing so well. I'd have thought it would receive a lot of attention but I guess it's fair to point out that the new Thor probably took a lot away, focus wise.

I was also a huge fan of Sif's run with JIM and was really crushed they cancelled the book altogether. I don't know what else they could have done to keep that going, it hit all the markers for what I think makes a good comic, especially with a female lead.

I'm hoping things will change in May and make more sense. As it stands now, it's a bit all over the place.

Uru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: I would like to remember you, that Loki is Laufeyson he is not Asgardian, but OK so Mjolnir changes humans into to Super Saiyans with Asgardian Speech, but doesn't change Aliens (BRBill), Gods (Asgardians and Others) and people with Super Serum (Cap), not buying it yet, but i could buy in the future with a little more P.I.S. from Aaron since he will make a Mjolnir standalone issue, link bellow, so it's also a Mjolnir comic book? From what i read the hammer suppresses her own personality.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58506

I see that you call the female Thor just new Thor or Thor, fair enough if the writer and marvel also call her that, but how do you call the Odinson? Just Odinson? if the new worthy character for unknown reasons is called Thor (That's not her name Roz or Jane are), why did Thor Odinson would lose his own name? Wasn't he called Thor before he had Mjolnir (Young Thor), wasn't this also written by Aaron in TGOT?

That scene in the park in the Angela book was very bad, Marguerite Bennett starts all that flashbacks because that little girl and her ball? I Like the concept of Thor having a sister that is being written as powerful as he is, but i think that there is a big difference between assassins and warriors, i have to degree with you Angela is very far away from being a representation of an Asgard warrior, she has no sense of Honor. But i m reading her book until eventually she says for ASGARD!

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uru: True, which is why I said Loki is a god and not Asgardian but your points about Beta Ray Bill are good, and also about Captain America. I don't think anyone can say with confidence that how this new Thor is being presented makes any sense when taking into context what Aaron himself has put down on panel, and recently. Your points about Thor being referred to as Young Thor during the God Butcher story line is a good one to make. That it's the same writer creating this confusion makes it even more confusing. (:/)

I am trying to get used to calling her new Thor and not (female adjective) Thor because I've come across too many petty insults that have directly to do with her gender while discussing the character on comic sites like this one. It's annoying to me, so this is how I try to counteract it. The original Thor is being called Odinsson, or Prince Odinsson in the book but I don't like it. Like you, he will always be Thor to me. I don't want to call him old Thor, because he's Thor. But I can't discuss either of them without confusing myself and anyone reading what I write. I might stick with Original Thor for Thor, I don't know, it's a work in progress.

Well, I can see where you are coming from when it comes to Angela and how she treated that young girl in the park. It's not honourable, something Angela herself would hate to be applied to her. She doesn't know any better, this is how she sees things. No one does anything just for the sake of being "nice", no one does anything without expecting a price to be paid. To clear any debt owed. It makes complete sense to her. Angela only knows how to function this way, for the world around her to make sense. There is a lot to be unlearned and she'll have to learn by example. The more selfless acts she witnesses, the more she'll see how honour has nothing to do with preening but in pride of knowing what is right and wrong, of protecting those who can't defend themselves.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also found an issue where thor is flying with jarnbjorn. Avengers:No more Bullying if i remembered it correctly. :)

Uru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Uru

@ms-lola: Do you remember the fight with Bor, Dr Strange to fix Mjolnir use Thor life Force, so this could mean something because as far as i know this wasn't broken yet, worthy BRBill no longer would be consider inconsistency, and inverted Loki let's go with your theory doesn't affect Gods and the remain inconstancy would be the worthy Captain America, doesn't matter where you go it's not easy one to explain, but let's wait to see if there are reasonable explanations to her looks behavior and Odin unworthy and the Whisper, (already to many stuff).

I get what you are talking about, the wench stuff right? I go with the more funny stuff like Agent Roz in Super Saiyan mode, (i can call her worthy stuff if proven that this changes weren't only for the Pr stunt) but even if you call her new Thor or Thor and Odinson Original Thor, and i can go with that, Thor is a male's name (Link bellow n.º98) and in my opinion you shouldn't be offended by you calls her female Thor like i do, because Thor's name was created more than one thousand years before Marvel, and it was Marvel who made her and put her in this position, i like your posts :)

http://www.20000-names.com/male_swedish_names.htm

Uru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Uru

@titing2101 said:

Also found an issue where thor is flying with jarnbjorn. Avengers:No more Bullying if i remembered it correctly. :)

He was suppose to still have Mjolnir, Hawkeye also said this to Falcon probably it was meant to Steve Rogers, more prove that the changes in the big 3 (Cap, IM, Thor) weren't planned at all?

No Caption Provided

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uru: You never offended me with your use of female Thor. I am fine with that. I meant other people on other threads and forums, not just on this site. :) I think because the name is so uncommon outside of Nordic countries, people don't appreciate the emphasis of how the name Thor is inherently male. One of many issues, like you said. We'll have to wait and see.

@uru said:

@titing2101 said:

He was suppose to still have Mjolnir, Hawkeye also said this to Falcon probably it was meant to Steve Rogers, more prove that the changes in the big 3 (Cap, IM, Thor) weren't planned at all?

No Caption Provided

I read this issue. It's clearly aimed at a much younger demographic and not meant to be held up to snuff in terms of canon, but it does prove that Marvel is aware that not calling Thor "Thor" would be off putting to kids and completely confusing. That says something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.