Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

The whisper and Unworthy Odin

• 52 results
    Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Asgaard

I m not a big fan how Aaron is writing Thor at the moment, but with that being said, i will try to create some very very random hypothesis from what was the whisper, and why is Odin unworthy.

Whisper

Something close to "The hammer was made for Aldrif (Angela)"

No Caption Provided

One of the words seems to be Aldrif, in my perspective Aaron's writing sometimes tries to show that Thor and Mjolnir are angry with each other, and Mjolnir still has Thor life force (Dr Strange Fix Mjolnir with Thor life force after the Bor fight), this is also the reason why i think that the hammer works like a character in Female Thor new Book, so could "Mjolnir with Thor life force be Angry with Thor", due to Thor's first reaction to what Fury told him, that the hammer wasn't made for him?

Odin Unworthy

No Caption Provided

In the tenth realm story Arc Odin was playing chess with Cul, could they Agree to switch places, to give Cul something that he never had (Odin likes his Brother a lot he left Asgard because of him)? Or could Cul take Odin's place against Odin's will? Could Odin be imprisoned somewhere? Aaron is not writing Odin like a wise All Father.

If current Odin is in fact Cul that explains why he is unworthy, because he didn't made the enchantment and he is not worthy at all, at least from what he did in fear itself.

I know that my theories are vague and don't have any solid foundation, i made the topic only to speculate...

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

you got awesome theories, that would be pretty cool!!!!!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: I m very unhappy with the Whisper and Odin Unworthy, both (Thor and Odin) are honorable warriors, this last events don't fit the All Father and Asgard's fearless warrior, so i really hope that Aaron still could write something that doesn't hurt the concepts that he wrote in Thor God of Thunder, this concepts of Honorable Warriors define Odin, Thor and all the Asgardians.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a great theory actually.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Asgaard

@jayc1324: You know that i m wrong, but let's speculate more, in the new book mjolnir is acting almost by himself, the female is like some kind a host for him, (at least this is my interpretation), this also could explain why Thor says that he never saw mjolnir sing that song in battle, is the hammer acting on his own, and that's why is so effective? Is Mjolnir attempting to build his own version of Thor, since he doesn't thrust Thor Odinson anymore, I think a broken link between Thor and Mjolnir would not hurt Thor as honorable warrior like some past secret, because he shouldn't stop that fight he is Asgardian.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@mjolnirson: @jayc1324: @asgaard:

I really looked at the picture of the whisper it looks like Angelas real name thors sister

Aldrif Odinspawn

I wonder if odin knew she was alive and choose thor over her or maybe thor knew in some way she alive.

I also wonder if odinsons life force is still intangled with mjolnir or is the new thors life force I also wonder if mjolnirs enchament grew past the enchanter odin because it is tied in and merged with thors life and the odinforce I think mjolnir is tied in with the new thors life force because of how mjolnir is acting different with her then it ever did with odinson. I always felt like mjolnir was alive but know I have zero doubt. I

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: Angela answers are in Thor & Loki the tenth realm event, do you want the spoilers?

Dr. Strange Fix Mjolnir with Thor life force after the Bor fight, so if Aaron don't Ignore this story, the hammer still has Thor life Force, that could be the reason why the hammer is "rejecting" Thor Odinson, Maybe "Mjolnir didn't like" Thor's reaction to the whisper, and now is building his own version of Thor (female Thor).

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator

Great theories and great thread, I like them a lot. I am unsure about the life force angle, not because its not a great idea, more so I am not sure Marvel or Aaron would implement that. I like the Cul theory, I really want to know what the whisper was, personally I am hoping that Thor is actually worthy, just has guilt and is burdened like that, and so that needs to be resolved, however without knowing specifics its hard to know how he can accomplish that, the thing I like most is that new Thor really likes/loves Thor and feels/sympathizes with him and know also has his blessing.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Asgaard

@sc: They are just random hypothesis, let's give the benefit of the doubt to Aaron, you have a great knowledge on Thor so you know that they are wrong it's only speculation, but i really wouldn't like that the whisper was some obscure secret from the past, or some kind ofold dwarf spell that woke, Aaron can still save Thor's honor, the life force angle is not a great idea, but she uses Thor Odinson expressions, (that part of last issue was funny), if Mjolnir doesn't have anything else from Thor besides his power, how can Aaron explain her looks, behavior, speech and expressions!? Do you have any Theory?

Aaron said in his last interview that we will make a Mjolnir stand alone Issue, some answers will be in that issue, i don't know if he can skip how dr. Strange fixed Mjolnir, that's a big part of Mjolnir history, what do you think?

Aaron's last Interview on the new Thor bellow (Like i said to you before i really don't like the references to Thor Odinson as the Other guy)

No Caption Provided

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 SC  Moderator

@asgaard: I do not really have any theories right now, actually something else this reminds me of is Gillen's Iron Man where it looked like were retconning Iron Man so that Tony Stark was always meant to be Iron Man by external forces, some fans hated that idea because it implied that Iron Man's own skills and genius were being undermined, I forget how the story actually progressed/I haven't finished reading that whole arc, but it basically ended up having a lot of twists, implications that were made were subverted/reversed, and ultimately the story demonstrated Stark's genius and drive. That story arc has finished, that helps, this one is still ongoing so many questions, without answers.

Maybe Aaron is trying to give Mjolnir more personality and its actually feeling moody lately and stroppy, like a teenager rebelling against its parent, and so its run away from home to join new Thor, but then by end of the story they reconcile and are back to being best friends again. Heh heh I have no clue really, I am interested in finding out.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@asgaard: @sc: I really like mjolnir with a mind of its own, also I thought that lady thor was his granddaughter but since the kiss I think it is brunhillda or something.

Can u help me with thors timelines

In new avengers he had his arm then not then he was using the evil unworthy enchantment thorrs hammer thus taking his name, did thor give up that hammer It seems to bounce all over

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0:

1 In tenth realm event was establish that Angela was Odin and Freyja first child, that was kidnapped by the Angels Queen when she was a baby when the Heaven was in war with Asgard. (so it's possible that the hammer was made for Her)

2 Odin and Freyja thought she was dead, but after the Watcher eye revealed to Thor that she was alive, he and Loki went to her realm (the tenth realm) search for her, now you can follow the continuation of that story in her book Angela Asgard Assassin.

3 In female Thor last issue Odin said that Thor still is Asgard's Heir.

4 He lost his Arm in a fight with Malekith and the Frost Giants and his new arm is made of Uru like Mjolnir.

5 Female Thor is Human Jane Foster or Agent Roz from shield.

6 In the present, in the female Thor Book he gave his name Thor to the female Thor and now he is just Odinson.

7 In the future in New Avenger 27 he use the unworthy hammer from Thorr in a fight, he and the other multiverse Avengers didn't show up again in the Avengers books, we have to wait but i think he will not use that hammer again. (it was Jonathan Hickman playing with Jason Aaron)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: When and how was Cul resurected?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: When and how was Cul resurected?

Yet to be explained, (he could still be dead this is just a theory) dead or alive in the Tenth realm story line he was playing chess with Odin in the old Asgard when Loki arrived.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian@asgaard Loki also did say that "Uncle Cul says hello" to Thor after Thor mentioned something about unleashing evil (sorry, my comics are in moving boxes right now or I'd check for the exact quote). I got the impression it meant that when Odin left, Cul was freed.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaldadottir: @asgaard: @asgaard:

Cul is a asgardian that's how he can be alive again lol

I do not think that lady Thor is is a human i thought the same thing with Jane and agent roz Jane either on asgardia or some where it else also how would Jane get to the moon and if she was some how on the moon even in the blue area it would be freezing, sand if Jane was there she would be by thors side no matter what not hiding, same with agent roz I could see her there in a suit but still no and plus no blonde hair on either mjolnir could change it yes but mjolnir would not change the way the way they speak lady Thor said by the golden spires of Asgard and so on

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I hope Odin is alive and well. The book always gets bad without Odin.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does that say "your adriff " and then something at the end that looks like "kid"

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Asgaard

@skaldadottir said:

Loki also did say that "Uncle Cul says hello" to Thor after Thor mentioned something about unleashing evil (sorry, my comics are in moving boxes right now or I'd check for the exact quote). I got the impression it meant that when Odin left, Cul was freed.

Thanks @skaldadottir:

@bigcimmerian: here is the scan.

No Caption Provided

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Nice it's been four years since Fear Itself, I like that story arc. Now it would be perfect if they start using Hercules in comics, like they used to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@asgaard: Thank you so much for pointing me towards this thread, I had no idea of its existence.

First, based on your close up of the Careless Whisper, it does seem tied to Angela. I remember staring at that speech bubble for so long, and all I could come up with was "Aldia" and with some special use of imagination, "All Mother", haha.

Your theory around Cul is extremely intriguing, especially after reading the preview for the upcoming Thor. I'm glad to find someone who also thinks Odin is acting strangely, missing the wisdom which I've come to associate with the All Father.

I'm a wee bit dismayed to learn Aaron intends for the Mjolnir to behave differently for the new Thor, and having read the last issue a few times over, I am even more so since he's having the hammer appear to be more powerful. Or rather, performs more powerfully for the new Thor, rather than the original. Thor isn't acting right, so many things aren't lining up to make this believable. Even Frejya enquiring after who the new Thor is to Thor doesn't seem fluid. Why does this Thor need to be mysterious? Why can't she just chuck the Mjolnir aside (since we know she felt its power ebb away when she was separated from it) and just say, "Surprise! It's me! Roz!" There is no reason to keep her identity secret.

I know I mentioned this to you before, but Aaron is pushing for his new character to be extremely important to Thor and while I do like Roz, I don't like being force fed the idea that she is so extremely special that she over shadows Jane and Sif and even Amora at this point. Roz is an Environmental Agent of SHIELD, and that alone lets us know she loves Earth and if that's the angle Aaron is pursuing with her, he hasn't laid down enough back story to her to make me feel she is truly a representative of Earth in a way that would explain Mjolnir's reaction to her. Also, Mjolnir was created for Thor, not for Earth which makes this direction more confusing to me.

Anyway, thank you for inviting me into the conversation. It's fun discussing this. Plus, at least I got to see Sif in a way that does my fangirl heart good, haha.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Asgaard

@ms-lola:

Thank you for your thoughts, that were great as always, starting with Cul and Odin, we know that Odin and Freyja will go head to head to rule Asgard and we readers will have to pick a side, and by what we read until now, we will pick Freyja side, the question is can Odin as the All father of Asgard be portrayed like the antagonist? I don't know, depends on the writing and how far can Aaron make him go, but all this has to be undone for the future stories of Asgard, Odin can't be the antagonist for the foreseeable future, so Cul could solve some of Aaron problems and be the villain and antagonist that Freyja and female Thor need, this also could connect Roz or Jane to Asgard.

Yup there is no reason to keep her identity secret, besides sales that were great until now, i think some casual readers still have no idea who she can be, and Aaron is writing for them, the new book fails for old time fans in making you believe in the characters behavior, i think that is unquestionable, your point with Freyja is a example of that, and If Odin is the real Odin i also think Aaron is not writing him correctly, how Thor quits on his own identity ( defines us from others), also doesn't make Aaron writing look good, and after 5 issues the character actions are serving the plot and the plot is not serving the characters actions or behavior, and that makes the story unbalanced, at least in my opinion.

I think you were into something when you said that Roz loves Earth, if Aaron don't ignore that Mjolnir was fixed with Thor Odinson life Force, (Thor Odinson really loves Midgard), so that could explain why she is so worthy and uses the Odinson expressions!

Off topic and speaking of the beautiful warrior that is Sif, she is back for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in season 2, i don't know if you watch that show, but I as great fan of her, love this news, because i also love Jaimie Alexander and how she portrays the worthy future Queen of Asgard.

Sorry for the long post, but you already know that i love to talk about Asgard and the Asgardians. :)

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: No worries, I love talking about Asgard too, so your words are always enjoyable!

I guess Roz being a representative of Earth could explain the connection with the Mjolnir by virtue of it being pretty much Thor in spirit (assuming Aaron is keeping what happened with Dr. Strange true). It was hard seeing Thor give up his name so easily, but to ease things in my mind, I will choose to believe he has great trust in the hammer and in who it chooses and in a way, by giving up so easily, he is showing this trust to Mjolnir.

I'm laughing right now because I am already treating the hammer like it's a sentient thing. But, it is how Aaron is presenting it so I am going with the flow, haha.

You make great points about Odin as well, and in having him play the antagonist in this story. While I would have preferred Freyja be the one wielding the hammer, I guess between recently giving birth and being frozen in place, she has enough on her plate. I think it's a really big missed opportunity, but I've moved on.

If the idea is to keep this new Thor's real identity a secret over the next few months, I am going to have a really hard time convincing myself to keep up with this series. I hope the story surrounding her is interesting enough once they've made the rest of the Marvel Universe become acquainted with her.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: @arthurkerr: @skaldadottir: @bigcimmerian: @sc: @bigbadwolfx0: @jayc1324: @mjolnirson:

As predicted i fail my theory About Cul being Odin, but he is in the new book last issue, so many references to him in the Asgard related books, only could lead to his return, never thought that Aaron could write Odin trusting him again after what happened in Fear Itself, but a lot of Aaron writing in the new book is not BELIEVABLE anymore.

No Caption Provided

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Aw, and I was really liking your theory! I'll be getting my hands on this in a couple of hours. I look forward to discussing new developments later when I get home.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@ms-lola: @asgaard: I do understand what is going on with odin again i hate it when he acts like this i feel like he is being effected by cul again like he was in fear itself. I know that no matter odin is the true all father I know cul is the first born and was king after bor but he was never the true all father odins power came from the world tree and such cul never made a sacrifice and he never drank from mirmir.

Odins power comes from all and culs power comes from fear I wonder if cul has his claws in odin because odin is afraid of losing his brother again and such.

I also stand by what said about the new lady thor I still think it's a asgardian like Valkyrie, brunnhilda , or even tarene.

Does anyone know where tarene has been I have not seen her since marvel now. It has to be one of these girls I beleive because she speaks like a true asgardian and with the knowledge that lady thor possesses she knows of things that only a asgardian would know , she knew that queen frigga was very clever and not manny have met frigga in person.

I know that the lady's I said have met her I also know Jane and agent roz has but there is a problem with those two they r human and could not survive in the moon without a suit and it was a bare hand that grabbed the mighty mjlonir. And come on thor go get ur woman back u should be with lady sif.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: Aaron said in a interview that female Thor is (Jane, Roz, Freyja or Sif).

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@asgaard: ok thank your for the info that then makes me think it's sif or Jane and I wouldn't be surprised if it's sif since he asked her first. But at the same time her attitude sounds like agent roz and with her saying a mask good. And at the same time it sounds a little to much like thunderstrike (who I love his son and him) with the world still needs heroes when lady thor grabs mjolnir she says there always needs to be a thor and I guess that it would make since she is on asgardia. I guess that they could off been on the blue area of the moon

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: ok thank your for the info that then makes me think it's sif or Jane and I wouldn't be surprised if it's sif since he asked her first. But at the same time her attitude sounds like agent roz and with her saying a mask good. And at the same time it sounds a little to much like thunderstrike (who I love his son and him) with the world still needs heroes when lady thor grabs mjolnir she says there always needs to be a thor and I guess that it would make since she is on asgardia. I guess that they could off been on the blue area of the moon

I don't think it's Sif, which is just killing me at this point.

I do have to mention that although I still strongly believe it's Roz, there was something the female Thor said in the latest book that made me think it might be Jane. It's the comment she made about the Mjolnir affecting something but then she got distracted and didn't finish what she was about to say. I'm thinking it might be the cancer Jane has. Unless it's about her blonde hair becoming a permanent thing...

(:P)

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sif would make sense she can fight. Jane however would break a nail and have no clue how to fight.

Sif is no stranger to the field of battle , Jane however would battle to get away from the battlefield.

If it was Sif then what , does Thor say keep on kicking booty as I fix the peace of my soul that hungers to be more then the sum of my parts or would he simply call Mjnolnir to him and they go battle evil forces as he has done many many times in the past.

To each his or her own.

With magic all things are possible.

Mjolnir maybe can form a construct out of magic and thus the women is none other then a carefully constructed matrix of the soul of Mjolnir herself forged and completed when Thor bonded with the hammer a spark to for a bigger spark a peace of one to complete another.

I build the matrix and whisper into the void and the void echoes my own whisper back at me and adds to it texture and light and the warmth of a ever changing universe.

What is impossible becomes possible because sometimes you simply have to open the mind and let in the wonders waiting to be beheld even by the skeptics.

Think back on the chess game....

Look forward to Old King Thor...

Change tomorrow by changing yesterday and every moment after that.

What is the point of going back in time if you changed nothing.

Change everything and build a tomorrow worthy of defending.

A prince of Asgard a defender of the 9 realms.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: I would hate if anyone ever call Sif "Thor". She already had Valhallan glory! She doesn't need the identity of other characters to be recognized as a great warrior in all Asgard.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: I really don't get Odin's behavior in female Thor book, since Aaron told that he will use Mangog in this run could he already have some connection with Odin's behavior? I know you don't like much of making theories but i m asking your opinion more in the perspective of what Aaron can and can't do with Mangog. Thanks for the attention...

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: It's not just Odin(although he's probably the most out-of-character) it's everyone from emo-Thor ,mother is always right Frigga,absorbing man being a sexist, to most especially Titania giving up without a fight because of girl-power. Basically everyone is being out-of-character to make fem thor seem special when in reality she's just bland female version of the original.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could this perhaps be one of the most contrived plot-devices of all time; the dreaded Fury whisper

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard

Excellent thread Viking brother! You've got an excellent theory here- you know how I feel about Aaron's direct for Thor & all Asgard, & his replacement(saying that always makes me throw up a little), & knowing how Aaron's mind works, or at least the direction this book is going, I think you may have hit the nail on the head with many- if not all- of these points! What Aaron doesn't get is that the history of Mjolnir is also Thor's history- & vice versa. They are inextricably linked, it is the symbol of Thor's worthiness, has been at his side most of his immortal life- Thor has even referred to it as his childhood companion & his right arm. As Dr. Strange so succinctly put it, "So goes Mjolnir, so goes Thor." Once again, Aaron misses the mark completely. I've come to a conclusion there's the continuity we know, & then Aaron's continuity. I refuse to accept his reality for Thor & Asgard & substitute one of my own!

@makentsu said:

@asgaard: It's not just Odin(although he's probably the most out-of-character) it's everyone from emo-Thor ,mother is always right Frigga,absorbing man being a sexist, to most especially Titania giving up without a fight because of girl-power. Basically everyone is being out-of-character to make fem thor seem special when in reality she's just bland female version of the original.

No Caption Provided

110% agreed!

Could this perhaps be one of the most contrived plot-devices of all time; the dreaded Fury whisper

Truer words were never spoken. How could a freakin' whisper undo all that Thor has done, not just over the centuries, but in recent years, to make him worthy? For example, overcoming Ragnarok & freeing Asgard from that cycle, fulfilling the prophecy of the Serpent to name a couple- things he did because HE IS WORTHY. Not to mention the actions of ages past. Thor has learned humility & proven his worthiness time & time again, we all know it- a stupid whisper, whatever the phrase means, could not take away all those heroic acts that made him worthy in the first place. Like you said, it was a contrived plot-device, for Aaron to have his opportunity to take Mjolnir away from Thor, & make way for his pet PR project.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After buying and reading all of the first 25 god of thunder issues, I am somewhat sceptical that brand new hammerette was thought up solely by aaron, and that he is solely responsible for it

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

Thanks Thorrior brother!

@barqs said:

After buying and reading all of the first 25 god of thunder issues, I am somewhat sceptical that brand new hammerette was thought up solely by aaron, and that he is solely responsible for it

At first, I was also skeptical of Aaron being solely responsible for this PR substitute, but I have read many interviews where Aaron has taken sole credit, & actually claims this was the direction he was heading all along. My friend @asgaard would probably be able to kindly provide you with some of those links. Now, I don't know if Aaron is being truthful or not, or taking credit for what he wrongly assumes is a "good idea"- it is hard to believe, with the contrived whisper plot device, which popped up at the last minute in Original Sin, which led us to this unfortunate point, had much forethought to it. I believe it is possible Aaron did come up with the idea, & Marvel editorial saw the opportunity for a huge PR shock & awe ploy, & now, for the time being, they're letting Aaron run with it. Tough from the quality of the current stories, it is evident that more effort was put into the idea of a "new" Thor than the execution of the direction and the story behind it. Regardless, Aaron is in sole control now(this is evidenced with the different portrayal of well-know characters between books- Aaron's Odin & Ewing's Odin in Loki:AOA 11 are like 2 different characters), & is taking full responsibility for the story & it's execution- even citing it as his "Ballad of Beta Ray Bill". (How he can compare himself to a visionary like Simonson is beyond me.)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barqs said:

Aaron say's it was his own idea...

Aaron new Thor

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: that is a great point (Aaron's Odin & Ewing's Odin in Loki:AOA 11 are like 2 different characters), your all post is great, but who would know that the writer that wrote TGOT couldn't understand that Eric, Dargo and Norvell didn't work because they try to be Thor and BRB work because he never was Thor and never try to be, the first 3 like female Thor are crappy writing where the plot butchs several concepts to try make the change work and BRB was great writing because the plot didn't need any crappy justifications...

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

Exactly. Beta Ray Bill is an awesome character under his own merits, he never called himself Thor or tried to be Thor, as you masterfully stated. He was worthy for his own merits, which is why Odin forged Stormbreaker- his own weapon, imbued with his own lifeforce, for him. Simonson only showed why Thor was worthy, & why Mjolnir was, is, & always should be his- because it represents his life's journey to being worthy- & Bill realized that, & helped reinforce that idea. Mjolnir belonged to Thor, was a part of Thor, in a way it could never be to him. Bill needed a weapon to represent his worthiness, & the journey he made in himself to become worthy, which is where Stormbreaker came in. He was never a substitute, or stand-in, wasn't Thor & didn't try to be. He is Thor's oath-brother, but a character with his own destiny & cosmic mythos of his own. That is the reason the "Ballad of Beta Ray Bill" is an iconic story, & BRB an iconic character, & the reason why he is the one hammer-wielder who is still alive & beloved. As you represented, Aaron cites "The Ballad of BRB" as his inspiration, yet he misses the point of the story entirely. And this character- whoever she may be- created purely for PR purposes- will never endure & be seen in the same light as BRB- like Thunderstrike, she will always be in the shadow of the REAL Thor, unlike BRB, who has merits beyond his connection to Thor. BRB will always be seen as one of the highlights of Thor's history, whereas this contrived story will be a minor footnote in the thunder god's storied legacy. Aaron needs to go back & read "The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill" & re-evaluate what it really means to be worthy.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Meh, that's like Nixon denying Watergate or Clinton the Lewinsky blow-job. It's not like he would suddenly say "yeah marketing wanted to tap into the female audience so a decision was made to make Thor a woman" despite there being absolutely no evidence that any of the new plot developments were brewing in the "God of Thunder" series.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Asgaard

@haveatthee said:

@asgaard: Meh, that's like Nixon denying Watergate or Clinton the Lewinsky blow-job. It's not like he would suddenly say "yeah marketing wanted to tap into the female audience so a decision was made to make Thor a woman" despite there being absolutely no evidence that any of the new plot developments were brewing in the "God of Thunder" series.

I agree that in TGOT there was no evidence that this change could happen or even that Thor would become unworthy, and how that happen was very sudden (P.I.S.) (Whisper), but was Aaron that stupid to assume what wasn't his decision? Like @winter_kills: said if you read Loki AA Ewing's Odin is completely different from Aaron's Odin they are 2 different characters, in Loki AA we have the Wise All Father Odin and In Female Thor the irrational "human" Odin, if wasn't Aaron's idea he certainly is creating all the plot devices with a lot of P.I.S. to try make this change work, Aaron is the one who is writing the Pr stunt book so for me this change it's on his account, and i still gave him 5 issues for the great TGOT... But i quit after issue 5...

Thor Odinson fans run Aaron's Female Thor P.I.S. Gauntlet.

1 Whisper

2 Odin Unworthy

3 Thor quits on his own identity

4 Odin the All-Wise behaves like a irrational Human

5 Aaron uses Absorbing Man allegory to insult Thor fans

I m a big big fan i just stop at 5...

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barqs: @winter_kills: @haveatthee: @asgaard:

I just went thru it again I am still thinking a young asgardian or some one with some experiance

Lady thors attitude is like a young woman

That could be human or asgardian

Her fighting skill is good but she made several mistakes and the lady sif would not , I could see a human like roz or Jane doing this

The way she stood her ground with Malekith and the frost Giants shows she is brave but all three girls are brave

The way she talks is like agent roz with how she knows Intel on them but all three could know this sif lives there roz has shield data and Jane now lives there

I am not thinking sif right now because sif has asgardian strength when lady thor could not get to mjolnir she was kinda freaking out sif herself could hold herself against some frost Giants but roz and Jane would be in trouble with one both being human and one with cancer.

Lady Thor has also seen odinsons power first hand which all three girls have seen first hand but lady Thor also seems to be new to what she can do and what thor could do with mjolnir. Which makes me think agent roz she knows of odinsons power but has now just really seen it first hand.

So as of now I want to say a agent roz but I still have problems with this because of the asgardian speech but roz is a agent of shield so she is trickey and smart.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: Aaron will make the Asgardian speech, expressions and behavior be explained by making Mjolnir work like a character... Never happened before but current writing is not very consistent anymore...

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: @asgaard:

Ok that makes sense with mjolnir I was thinking something like that but since that never happened before but no one has ever hidden either, I still say it agent roz now I would think thor would know his old lovers kiss, I still think lady thor is a human a asgardian would still have power without mjolnir. Who do u think ?

And what is up with odin I hate what they are doing with him he seems scared almost , and did cul forget that thor killed and not the other way around. ( I also thought odin was cul)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: Female Thor Is in the link are my thoughts on the subject...

Aaron's Odin is so badly written that some times it's not even Odin anymore, but in Loki book Ewing's Odin is the Wise All Father Odin that we know, so i don't know what to think, more bad writing from Aaron!? If Odin was not Wise in Loki's book i think an argument could be made that Cul or Mangog have connection to his recent behavior in Aaron's book.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: @haveatthee: @jayc1324: @mjolnirson: @asgaard: I know this might sound nuts but what if Thor is not unworthy what if he is still worthy in deed

Fury had the watchers eye and could see future events or events that might happen. We know that Thor / odinson ( which was my name on marvel games like contest of champions before I walked away) is the true chosen one with Mjlonir there r other users but it's truly bonded with him unlike any other weilder Each one has used Mjlonir is special and different ways but none like Thor, I think that maybe fury said if u do not let go of mjlonir Jane / the world and or whatever else will die or be destroyed or something like we will need a different type of Thor for what is coming or And with that being said we know that he could command Mjlonir to act as if he was unworthy.

vikingraider65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone else notice that Thor went back to the Shakespearean English in the panel after the whisper?

"What...What didst thou say?"

He was speaking normally before that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.