The Odin Force Or... "Asgardian Force"?

#1 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a lot of things that bug me in the Asgardian universe.

Among them there's : The Odin Force!

When Odin dissapeared, Thor inherited the Odin Force! But why not Tyr, Vidar, Hermod or Balder The Brave?

Would it not make more sense to gain a kind of "Asgardian Force" risking his own life (as Thor did it in "Thor 585 & 586")?

Then what do you prefer : an inherited force or a force you have to awaken?

#2 Posted by Pyrogram (38126 posts) - - Show Bio

inherited force

#3 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: A thing that's annoy me a lot, is that Asgardians are portrayed like some "strong" vikings but

not like some actual gods. I think it will be better if they were more like the Eternals.

But when we think about the Odin Force, there's something weird!

Odin died. Thor inherited the Odin Force. He used it all (How is it possible???).

And then, Odin came back to life with all his power!!!

#4 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I always find the Odinforce kinda confusing... I just imagine it would be inherited by someone worthy, or given to by Odin. TBH I just kinda go along with what ever happens haha.

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

It's right to call it the "Odin-Force" because the power of Vili, Ve and Odin was consolidated in Odin to become the Odin-Force.

This sum of three brothers' power was Odin's power first and therefore it makes sense to name it after him forever.

#6 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: It seems that I didn't express myself properly. My point was to say that maybe, it would be more interesting,

if Thor could elevate himself finding some inner strengths risking his own life rather than inherited some powers from his father.

Look at Balder The Brave. After an extensive training, he awoke his powers...

#7 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

It's right to call it the "Odin-Force" because the power of Vili, Ve and Odin was consolidated in Odin to become the Odin-Force.

This sum of three brothers' power was Odin's power first and therefore it makes sense to name it after him forever.

#8 Posted by Pyrogram (38126 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX said:

@Pyrogram: A thing that's annoy me a lot, is that Asgardians are portrayed like some "strong" vikings but

not like some actual gods. I think it will be better if they were more like the Eternals.

But when we think about the Odin Force, there's something weird!

Odin died. Thor inherited the Odin Force. He used it all (How is it possible???).

And then, Odin came back to life with all his power!!!

Its probably a thing like if thors on the throne long enough, he will become thor force or something. no idea.

#9 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX: Do you mean something like Thor did during the Ragnarok, sacrificing his eyes as his father did before him?

If so, I agree.

#10 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod said:

@ThePhoenX: Do you mean something like Thor did during the Ragnarok, sacrificing his eyes as his father did before him?

If so, I agree.

Hell yeah!!! XD

You totally get my point! :)

#11 Posted by THORSON (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

odin force

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.