The Galactus Seed

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the Galactus Seed something that belongs to Galactus, or is it just the name of the current Thor story line?

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the seed of the world tree, Yggdrasil. On my phone so can't link, but it has a page here.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

But yes, it's not called the Galactus seed, that's the story arc

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Thanks, been wondering about that.
#5 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
But yes, it's not called the Galactus seed, that's the story arc
Yeah, the Galactus seed is actually...well...this is a family-friendly forum so I can't say.
#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (5942 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: lol
#7 Posted by PowerHerc (78167 posts) - - Show Bio

Is actually the seed of the World Tree; Yggdrasil.

#8 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
It's the seed of the world tree, Yggdrasil. On my phone so can't link, but it has a page here.

is there a page on it on this cite?
#9 Posted by jloneblackheart (5465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer PowerHerc provided a link for the tree, but the seed itself does not have a page. It has never been called the Galactus Seed, but I swear I've seen it called something.

Basically, Thor and Sif pulled it from space-time at the request of Odin. It is the seed of the tree, but is also the "eternal soul of the all-god" according to the Surfer, something Big G wants to satiate his hunger forever.

Odin says it existed in the previous universe and when the universe comes to an end, it will survive and create a new universe and World Tree. Odin will not give it to Galactus and tells the Surfer he's been lied to. Odin claims that if Galactus were to consume it, he would become immortal and a god and the universe will go on forever.

So, Odin and Thor and the other Asgardians are suiting up in their cosmic armor to fight Big G and SS, who plan to take the seed by force.
Moderator Online
#10 Posted by seekquaze (569 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart
 I honestly don't know if either is telling the truth on it.  Odin is up to something so he could just as easily be lying.  Especially since Galactus is already pretty much immortal and more of a god than most "gods." So at least some of Odin's claims do not make any sense. 
#11 Posted by jloneblackheart (5465 posts) - - Show Bio
@seekquaze I agree. Odin is up to something.
Moderator Online
#12 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is the champion of law.  Galactus is brother to Eternity and Death.  Odin knew he would come sooner or later.  Odin did not drink from the Well of Mirmir for thirst.  Get ready for the truth.  Odin never lies.  He only tells you what you can deal with.
#13 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that Galactus is weakned or something it that story, becasue it would be stupid if Odin will hold Galactus just by his own powers.

#14 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
We will have to wait and see.
#15 Posted by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
I hope that Galactus is weakned or something it that story, becasue it would be stupid if Odin will hold Galactus just by his own powers.
#16 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus: @czarny_samael: Well, I think  the destroyer armor is gonna make an appearance, so it might give the Asgardians a chance.

#17 Posted by The_Thunderer (2890 posts) - - Show Bio

@vidarrodinson said:

Odin is the champion of law. Galactus is brother to Eternity and Death. Odin knew he would come sooner or later. Odin did not drink from the Well of Mirmir for thirst. Get ready for the truth. Odin never lies. He only tells you what you can deal with.

LOL XD

I liked the story

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.