The 10 Most Awesome Moments In Walter Simonson's 'Thor' Read Mor

#1 Posted by gravitypress (2102 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by blur99 (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice article. Simonson's issues were before my collection started. He must have been good.

I dislike the Beta Ray stories though.

#3 Posted by vidarrodinson (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good post. His run on Thor was classic. He did great on Orion for DC also. In my opinion, he raised the bar for creativity. Comics need good writers. Anybody can do "Hulk Smash."

#4 Posted by vidarrodinson (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I,ve got some news for Thor fans. If you appreciated Walt Simonson's run on Thor. He'll be back at the helms in the the spring. No disrepect to the writers or artists who carried the torch. They did good stuff.

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (86130 posts) - - Show Bio

Simonson's run on "Thor" was possibly the best ever, which is really saying something considering Lee and Kirby's epic stint on the title at it's beginning and the fact that it followed shortly after the mega-epic "Celestial/Eternal Saga" by Roy Thomas, Mark Gruenwald, Ralph Macchio and Keith Pollard which, at the time, I thought would always be the best Thor creative team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.