Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Someone with Thor Experience

yamafuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By yamafuji

I am a student at Indiana University studying informatics. For our final project my group and I were assigned to design a new gadget or addition to a super hero or super villain that combats/fixes their weaknesses or enhances their powers. This item(s) must also have some appeal to the design i.e. being marketable to children for halloween costumes or toys etc.

We are required to have a primary source of research, so we thought it would be helpful to talk to someone who knew their comics. If you can help us in any way it would be greatly appreciated.

We have done research and found that Thor's main weakness is that if he loses his hammer for an extended amount of time he loses his powers and turns back into his skinny alter-ego. Therefore, we have decided on a wrist bracer/gauntlet that would be worn on Thor's wrist/forearm. The bracer is made out of the same metal as Thor's hammer taken from the hammer itself (we were thinking extracted from the hammer in a previous time that it was shattered). So if he loses his hammer, this bracer keeps his powers until he can get his hammer back. He won’t have his hammer if he gets into trouble, but at least he still has his godly powers.

Basically any questions, insights, criticisms, or comments will be valuable to our research. Also if you could provide a quick explanation of your Thor background for example:

"I have been reading Thor comics for years"

Don't worry if you don't have any background. I am open to any help I can get.

Thanks in advance

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Thor's hammmer

@yamafuji Thor no longer has your weakness.... Odin simply removed that enchantment from the hammer. He doesn't need to hold onto it anymore. it can be out of his hands for years ata time, He changes back willingly now.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Thor's hammmer said:

@yamafuji Thor no longer has your weakness.... Odin simply removed that enchantment from the hammer. He doesn't need to hold onto it anymore. it can be out of his hands for years ata time, He changes back willingly now.
    The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By The_Thunderer

@yamafuji: I have read Thor comics. I would say a glove that lets him harness his energy manipulation and weather powers w/out mjolnir

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By majestic99

@yamafuji: 60 seconds thing is no longer in affect.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

Thor has no real weakness anymore except for thirst for battle, and prolonging it to the degree where appears to have lost only to come later and end the battle swiftly after suffering slight injuries.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By The_Thunderer

@evilvegeta74: I'd say his main weakness is his arrogance

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By 2chimcha3

I heard that Thor was weak against high level magic. Can someone confirm? Maybe you can work off of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.