Some good news for Thor fans

#1 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

"Thor: God of Thunder" #3 is a glorious addition to what is certainly the best Marvel NOW! book so far.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=5502

#2 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope God of Thunder will redeem those pathetic showing of Thor in AvX.

#3 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving this series, it's certainly my favourite Marvel book at the moment.

#4 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

FTW!!!

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (41341 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a real fun of this, love the story.

#6 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7966 posts) - - Show Bio

Just turned up in the post today, can't wait to read it. God of Thunder really has been awesome so far, exceeding my expectations.

#7 Posted by chongjasmine (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a thor's fan. I hope to read God of thunders soon.

Does it continue from previous thor's books or is it a standalone?

#8 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@chongjasmine said:

I am a thor's fan. I hope to read God of thunders soon.

Does it continue from previous thor's books or is it a standalone?

It's a new story so you can read it without needing to know any previous Thor storylines. I highly recommend it!

#9 Posted by TheCannon (19464 posts) - - Show Bio

It was released the 19th. I went to the comic store on the 20th. They were sold out. I was angry, though it shows that it must of been good.

#10 Posted by HaveAtThee (581 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an epic run thus far. I'm also thankful that it has largely been a self-contained story. I think Aaron's characterization of Thor is even better than JMS'. This is like we've taken a time-machine trip back to the Lee/Kirby days with cosmic adventures involving numerous locales and concepts. Very powerful stuff coupled with gorgeous art from Esad Ribic and Scorchina. This is easily Marvel's strongest relaunch. It's also easily the most refreshing take on an established character.

#11 Posted by Pyrogram (41341 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee: I FULLY agree with the self contained bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.