So whats been happening with Thor?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6431 posts) - - Show Bio

So i havent been reading as much thor lately mainly cause i havent bought any comics from marvel in ages cause i have been reading the new 52. Any way i was woundering what has happend lately and was woundering if the new stuff past fear itself was any good.

#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also like to know.

#3 Posted by brantumbo (139 posts) - - Show Bio

he "died" and went to someplace where gods go to die. Meanwhile karnilla and some bad people replaced Thor with I think ulik the troll and nobody remembered Thor except loki, who kept trying to make people remember him and finally did with silver surfer. So because Thor got some "remembering juice" he was able to get strong again and fight a thing that eats dead gods. Heimdall was also thinking something was amiss because he couldn't see ulik thor, but he got his ass whupped when he confronted him. Then Thor showed back up and killed ulik for daring to blaspheme his name and for trying to lay hands on the all mother. And volstagg sat on a troll. That was a few weeks ago haven't bee able to pick up anything yet. It was a solid story arc. Good support roles for loki and surfer in that one.

#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11314 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor have hammer, Hammer use smash, now he's in space.

#5 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Thor but it seems like he is dying and coming back way too often. Not seen too much as far as his story lines right now that is really all that amazing beyond him swingin his hammer and having sweet hair.

#6 Posted by Fresh Prince (5066 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: The Mighty Thor run of Fraction right now isn't really doing it for me right now. Everything looks so simple for a Thor book and the last story seemed to have a lot of potential, but not much really happened. I felt like the way they returned Thor to life was too simple and lame. Journey into Mystery has been dead on ever since Gillen took over though.

#7 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

I would also like to know.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Thor have hammer, Hammer use smash, now he's in space.

Lol wha?

@SupremeHyperion said:

I love Thor but it seems like he is dying and coming back way too often. Not seen too much as far as his story lines right now that is really all that amazing beyond him swingin his hammer and having sweet hair.

Isn't he leading a team in Secret Avengers or whatever it's called?

@Fresh Prince said:

@SupremeHyperion: The Mighty Thor run of Fraction right now isn't really doing it for me right now. Everything looks so simple for a Thor book and the last story seemed to have a lot of potential, but not much really happened. I felt like the way they returned Thor to life was too simple and lame. Journey into Mystery has been dead on ever since Gillen took over though.

My thoughts too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.