So disturbing news regarding Thor: The Dark World

#1 Posted by TheGodofThunder (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if this is well known and I am late to the party or what. So, I was on CBR and they had a little blurb about Thor: The Dark World about Chris Yost and his enjoyment on being part of the process. I don't know about anyone else on this board, but Yost has done too much damage to the character and I am not ok with him being part the movie. It makes me quite a bit less excited for the movie. I mean, look at Hulk vs Thor. Is that a writer we want having anything to do with the character Thor?

#2 Posted by TheCannon (18262 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder: True, Hulk vs. Thor was a mockery to the character. But my problem is that Yost does animated stuff. Yes, he did incredible work on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Wolverine and the X-Men. However, I'm just not sure how well he would do for a live action movie. Stuff can pass in cartoons that wouldn't work in a movie.

#3 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

yes hulk vs thor was a mockery and complete disrespect to bot thor and hulk fans wo waited decades to see them clash on film in a full film....

marvel should be ashamed..

#4 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost is fine. His work on Avengers EMH gives him a green light. I'd say you need to relax. He isn't directing the movie. People get so bent out of shape on the littlest news or rumor.

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

grrrrr, EMH reassures me though.

#6 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure I'd call the news THAT disturbing...

#7 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

Yost is fine. His work on Avengers EMH gives him a green light. I'd say you need to relax. He isn't directing the movie. People get so bent out of shape on the littlest news or rumor.

I agree with you, he doesn't have that big of a say in the film so everyone needs to chill out.

#8 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

-sigh-

#9 Posted by dondave (35932 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't mind

#10 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

I was actully expecting something bad.

#11 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

I was actully expecting something bad.

#12 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh.

#13 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

so when do we get the real disturbing news? I thought Hulk v Thor was fine and entertaining. There is no reason to get worried for anything.

#14 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

so when do we get the real disturbing news? I thought Hulk v Thor was fine and entertaining. There is no reason to get worried for anything.

thor been punched 40 times unanswered, and agaon smashed in hel ... was entertaining?

must be a hulk fan boy

#15 Edited by Mr_Winchester (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I guess all we can do is wait for the film to come out judge for ourselves.

- With regards to the Hulk vs Thor movie, I gotta say first that Hulk is my Fav character; but that movie was a horrible injustice to Thor. Thor isn't a character that I particularly like but still. I'm hoping Marvel now gives Thor a good show casing.

#16 Posted by HaveAtThee (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not a big deal. I'm sure he's involved in some kind of limited, consulting capacity.

#17 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact he did good work on EMH is good enough for me to give him a chance. I didn't like Thor's showing in Hulk Vs., but I still enjoyed the movie regardless.

#18 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

thor been punched 40 times unanswered, and agaon smashed in hel ... was entertaining?

must be a hulk fan boy

Not a fanboy at all in fact I love Thor but I understand how dull the cartoon would have been if it was Thor using his hammer to teleport Hulk to some other dimension...

It's a cartoon. And most these cartoons don't exactly follow mainstream universe rules meaning how do we know that this Thor to begin with was as beast as he is now? Don't take it personal when your favorite characters are not always portayed as amazing as you think they should be. Stop looking so deep into it (especially a cartoon) and allow yourself to be entertained.

#19 Posted by The Stegman (23752 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, I'm not disturbed, more like turbed.

#20 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost being involved makes me excited...he's done some of my favorite Marvel books over the last decade

#21 Posted by OmegaHans (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I can already tell this year is going to be painfully excruciating.

#22 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

must be a hulk fan boy

Not a fanboy at all in fact I love Thor but I understand how dull the cartoon would have been if it was Thor using his hammer to teleport Hulk to some other dimension...

It's a cartoon. And most these cartoons don't exactly follow mainstream universe rules meaning how do we know that this Thor to begin with was as beast as he is now? Don't take it personal when your favorite characters are not always portayed as amazing as you think they should be. Stop looking so deep into it (especially a cartoon) and allow yourself to be entertained.

dude there was nothing entertaining about tat dvd.... it was like watching a bad husband beat his wife the beating was that bad......

marvel HAS NO REGARD FOR THOR FANS with the release of that

#23 Posted by RazzaTazz (9568 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost wrote Speed and the rest of his career is based off of writing his best movie as his first.

#24 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure we should judge him for Hulk Vs. Given the title, I'm willing to bet he was told by higher ups to have everyone job to Hulk like they did in that piece of trash.

He was also head writer of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which did a pretty good job with Thor IMO.

#25 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't bother me a bit.

#26 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

must be a hulk fan boy

dude there was nothing entertaining about tat dvd.... it was like watching a bad husband beat his wife the beating was that bad......

Is it really that bad that fanboys take how their favorite characters are treated in a stand alone cartoon so to heart? My favorite characters get jobbed all the time doesn't mean it can't be entertaining either way. (My favorite character is Hyperion who has been jobbed by Thor on a few occassions, I'm not crying). It's funny that people are getting mad about thor getting punched in the face :)

#27 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

must be a hulk fan boy

Is it really that bad that fanboys take how their favorite characters are treated in a stand alone cartoon so to heart? My favorite characters get jobbed all the time doesn't mean it can't be entertaining either way. (My favorite character is Hyperion who has been jobbed by Thor on a few occassions, I'm not crying). It's funny that people are getting mad about thor getting punched in the face :)

ok sport whatever you say

#28 Posted by boogiesteven007 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

i m petty sure hulk wont fight thor since they were commands in avengers

#29 Posted by Doctorholmes241 (71 posts) - - Show Bio

He better not be as weak as he was in hulk vs thor

#30 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

yost is great. a:emh, hulk vs thor. yes it was done very well.

#31 Edited by phisigmatau (506 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

@cmartin said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

must be a hulk fan boy

ok sport whatever you say

LMAOOOOOOOOOAHAHAHAHAHHH A
MAN @cmartin be cracking me up, i could read his posts all day, in fact thats what im gon do

#32 Posted by themadsurfer (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegodofthunder: I've watched the movie and I saw a scene that really remembered Thor vs Hulk animation but instead of Hulk it was Kurse(at least)... man they made Thor look like a punch bag not able to land one descent hit without and with mjolnir.

For sure this guy has something to do with that fight. The movie is actually very good but they completely underestimate Thor's strength and mainly his durability (actually this was the most disappointment I had about the movie)

#34 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm!

#35 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, I remember this thread lol the one who's worried for no reason.

#37 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21640 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111 said:

I'm not sure I'd call the news THAT disturbing...

#38 Posted by Vampire_Batman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk V Thor film was miserable. Thor not holding back should be able to seriously do some damage to Hulk. I wish he would throw his hammer clean through Hulk's body, negating his regenerative powers and reducing him to a thin green residue (not a Hulk fan).

#39 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.