Should Thor's classic rouges get a come back?

#1 Posted by __________________________ (113 posts) - - Show Bio

So yeah, a lot of Thor's older rogues kinda got turned into fodder, namely The Wrecking Crew, Crusader(I think), Mr.Hyde, etc

Now his more myth based foes are fine, but these guys got some serious down grades(mostly talking about The Wrecking Crew). So do any Thor fans think that should be changed, that some of these guys should be boosted back up and shown off more.

Personally I'd love to see The Wrecking Crew as a more legitimate threat and I think Crusader has some interesting potential, specially after Asgard has fallen and Thor really does have a quite a few reasons to question his faith once more.

#2 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't miss The Wrecking Crew or Mr Hyde.
#3 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

The classics had their place.

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

#5 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

#6 Edited by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always enjoyed seeing Thor throw down with Skurge the Executioner, Ulik, the Destroyer, the Absorbing Man, Kurse, Mangog and Durok the Demolisher.

Some of these are more classic than others, but I'd welcome an appearance by any of these Thor rogues as long as they provide a good knock-down, drag-out battle.

#7 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

I've always enjoyed seeing Thor throw down with Skurge the Executioner, Ulik, the Destroyer, the Absorbing Man, Kurse, Mangog and Durok the Demolisher.

Some of these are more classic than others, but I'd welcome an appearance by any of these Thor rogues as long as the provide a good knock-down, drag-out battle.

Agreed.
#8 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

Hyde was Thor Level? Dafuq happened?

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12693 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

he was, now....Daredevil slaps him up with a mailbox.......the mighty have fallen
#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

he was, now....Daredevil slaps him up with a mailbox.......the mighty have fallen

And Cap KO'ing him with 1 shot.

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12693 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

eh, but Caps KO'd a lot of dudes he shouldn't be able too, If a powerhouse gets rolled by Cap, I tend to let it slide...because he's Cap
#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

eh, but Caps KO'd a lot of dudes he shouldn't be able too, If a powerhouse gets rolled by Cap, I tend to let it slide...because he's Cap

1 hit?

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (12693 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

1 hit?

I'm pretty sure he took down Thunderball in 1 hit...that guy has taken Mjoinir, and he once 1 shotted a skrull that rumbled with Thing prior to their fight.
#14 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

1 hit?

I'm pretty sure he took down Thunderball in 1 hit...that guy has taken Mjoinir, and he once 1 shotted a skrull that rumbled with Thing prior to their fight.

Thunderball got depowered.

#15 Posted by cattlebattle (12693 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

I honestly don't know what his level was when that happened
#16 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

I honestly don't know what his level was when that happened

Probably not 100 ton.

#17 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I don't miss Mr Hyde or the Wrecking Crew. I thought they were well under Thor in power. They both, in my opinion, were more ultra street types.

Thor's foes should be villains like Surtur, (whoever has taken over the) Destroyer, Kurse...basically, your elite powered villains.

Bring back Kurse and the Enchanters!!

#18 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Well written... definitely yes! I don't understand why writers de-evolved so much characters...

#19 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring them back and update them. They are sorely missed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.