Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Sad Day

• 62 results
    Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheGodofThunder
    No Caption Provided

There better be a good explanation!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By THORSON

probably just a dream.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

"Strongest one there is" isn't a good enough explanation? :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180

He's batman

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack

Yes! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is great only because it's going to piss off so many Thor fans. xD

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

(Facepalms) I don't even like Thor that much but...sighs.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teerack

On a more serious note with all that Banner has gone through and his new drive and focus why shouldn't be able to lift the Hammer.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Pyrogram

@Teerack said:

On a more serious note with all that Banner has gone through and his new drive and focus why shouldn't be able to lift the Hammer.

Beacuse he is not a warrior. Not noble. Not honorable. Not self-less. Many many reasons.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Pyrogram said:

@Teerack said:

Beacuse he is not a warrior. Not noble. Not honorable. Not self-less. Many many reasons.

Exactly! I also remember Thor being able to control the enchantment to enable someone to be able to pick up Mjolnir. He did this for Superman in a crossover, if this is not the case , then it's more bad writing at marvel! They seem to be crossing all sort of lines in recent years!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Teerack said:

Exactly! I also remember Thor being able to control the enchantment to enable someone to be able to pick up Mjolnir. He did this for Superman in a crossover, if this is not the case , then it's more bad writing at marvel! They seem to be crossing all sort of lines in recent years!

True, true.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pyrogram

@TheAcidSkull: As usual :P

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By evilvegeta74

@TheAcidSkull said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Teerack said:

THERE.WILL.BE.A.CATCH.DAMMIT!

I'm sure! It seems like marvel is breaking all the rules, I mean the Hulk is wearing armor now. Marvel has a two or three of those guys plus running around.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#17  Edited By broo1232

What if Thor is directing the Hammer so it works for the Hulk but he isn't controlling it but more riding on it?Just a theory.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sommyt

@Pyrogram said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Teerack said:

True, true.

exactly Thor is being hurt enough and is mr jobber now ...marvel dont make it worse with stupid pis

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By evilvegeta74

@sommyt said:

@Pyrogram said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Teerack said:

True, true.

exactly Thor is being hurt enough and is mr jobber now ...marvel dont make it worse with stupid pis

Agreed!

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

And people ask why I'm reading only one comic from Marvel..

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By z3ro180

Question from one thor fan to another why do you care ?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack

@Pyrogram said:

@Teerack said:

Not a warrior!? Have you not see anything of Planet Hulk? And now he's one of the most active Avengers and a shield agent, so currently he's very much a Warrior.

Not noble? Not honorable? Not self-less? Banner his spent his entire life trying to make sure no one was hurt because of his mistake, and time and time again he sacrificed his own happiness in order to help people. He even allowed himself to be transformed back into the Hulk after her was cured in order to save everyone. And ever sense Hulk's mind has matured he has always fought fair. In fact compared to all of the characters in marvel with maybe the exception of Spider-man no other character has consistently burdened himself for other people as much as Hulk.

The only real thing that was probably stopping Hulk from being worthy was his apathy and fear. He was so scared of hurting others that he kept running away from his Hulk side and tried his best to avoid conflict and stay away from everyone else. Now he has fully embraced his Hulk side and is spending literally all of his time trying to help the world and make it a better place when he isn't fighting for it.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DEGRAAF

If you read some of the interviews supposedly Thor gave banner some enchanted Uru way back in the day which he in turn gives it to his team to study. Im assuming what we are seeing in this scan is a result of them studying it. They either figured out a way to get around the enchantment (he needs to think happy thoughts or some crap like that) or maybe they created his own which is why this one looks shattered.

Here is a link that describes in short what happenes with the Uru in IH#4.

http://www.comicvine.com/indestructible-hulk-/37-387258/

A rare URU metal, which was donated by thor. and of course, banners little helpers ( no pun intended) , jump to a opportunity to get their hands on the metal!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pyrogram

@Teerack said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Teerack said:

Not a warrior!? Have you not see anything of Planet Hulk? And now he's one of the most active Avengers and a shield agent, so currently he's very much a Warrior.

That does not make him a warrior. His LIFE is not dedicated to the lifestyle.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Teerack

@Pyrogram: Banner has been fighting for most of his life, and that aside he is a warrior now. That aside Hulk is a warrior and has always been a warrior. Banner has not, but that has now changed, so half of him has at least always been a warrior. Also Thunderstrike disproves the idea that a person needs to be a warrior before lifting the hammer.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pyrogram

@Teerack: The hulk is not a warrior..Nothing proves that. Thunder-strike is exactly the same as Thor. He was virtually created by Odin and was full of Plot Device. If we go down that route why not show how Red Hulk lifted the hammer?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Teerack

@Pyrogram: Kevin Masterson(the second thunderstrike) the mortal that became Thunderstrike was in no way a warrior before he became Thunderstrike. You have no argument at all that Hulk isn't a warrior. The things I just said did prove it. He fight's for what's write all the time and he never backs down from a fight. If Bruce wasn't a fighter form the start there wouldn't be a Hulk comic at all, because he would have just rolled over and allowed the army to study him and make more Hulks, but no he didn't want anyone else to have as much power as the Hulk as a weapon. How exactly is the Hulk any less of a warrior as Thor? Can you prove that? Because if you're going to dismiss the reason's I'm giving for Hulk there there shouldn't be any thing you can say that proves Thor is a warrior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

It'll be because of time travel to before the worthiness spell I reckon, that would explain Thor's classic costume and why Thor doesn't recognize Hulk.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JonSmith

@Teerack said:

Kevin Masterson(the second thunderstrike) the mortal that became Thunderstrike was in no way a warrior before he became Thunderstrike. You have no argument at all that Hulk isn't a warrior. The things I just said did prove it. He fight's for what's write all the time and he never backs down from a fight. If Bruce wasn't a fighter form the start there wouldn't be a Hulk comic at all, because he would have just rolled over and allowed the army to study him and make more Hulks, but no he didn't want anyone else to have as much power as the Hulk as a weapon. How exactly is the Hulk any less of a warrior as Thor? Can you prove that? Because if you're going to dismiss the reason's I'm giving for Hulk there there shouldn't be any thing you can say that proves Thor is a warrior.

Let me save you some time, Tee: Don't bother. I've made the exact same arguments to Pyro, and he continues to disagree.

On topic: Better be decently explained so that there's no conjecture as to why he can lift it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pyrogram

@JonSmith said:

@Teerack said:

Kevin Masterson(the second thunderstrike) the mortal that became Thunderstrike was in no way a warrior before he became Thunderstrike. You have no argument at all that Hulk isn't a warrior. The things I just said did prove it. He fight's for what's write all the time and he never backs down from a fight. If Bruce wasn't a fighter form the start there wouldn't be a Hulk comic at all, because he would have just rolled over and allowed the army to study him and make more Hulks, but no he didn't want anyone else to have as much power as the Hulk as a weapon. How exactly is the Hulk any less of a warrior as Thor? Can you prove that? Because if you're going to dismiss the reason's I'm giving for Hulk there there shouldn't be any thing you can say that proves Thor is a warrior.

Let me save you some time, Tee: Don't bother. I've made the exact same arguments to Pyro, and he continues to disagree.

On topic: Better be decently explained so that there's no conjecture as to why he can lift it.

You're both lucky I am not in the mood to debate or I would be writing essays.

Tomorrow.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JonSmith

@Pyrogram said:

Tomorrow.

Please, no. Have mercy. I can only take one debate a week! And I've already used it up for this week!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pyrogram

@JonSmith said:

@Pyrogram said:

Tomorrow.

Please, no. Have mercy. I can only take one debate a week! And I've already used it up for this week!

Ok. I am sorry. *cries*

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Not the first time this has happened (if it is just a dream).

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LastOblivion

*sigh* Well... I'll only judge when the issue comes out. lol

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35  Edited By SC  Moderator

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Not the first time this has happened (if it is just a dream).

Hulks not actually lifting it there. I mean he is holding Thor's hand who is holding it, easy mistake to make but yeah. Hope that helps. This book presuming Hulk does lift Mjolnir will mark the first time in mainstream Marvel continuity that he lifts it.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By seekquaze

@Teerack said:

Not noble? Not honorable? Not self-less? Banner his spent his entire life trying to make sure no one was hurt because of his mistake, and time and time again he sacrificed his own happiness in order to help people. He even allowed himself to be transformed back into the Hulk after her was cured in order to save everyone.

None of that combined may make him "worthy" as far as Odin is concerned. Balder is often called the noblest Asgardian and he cannot lift the hammer. Hercules cannot lift the Hammer. Ben Grimm cannot lift the hammer.

Whatever it takes to prove once self worthy as far as Odin is concerned is a very high standard.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SC  Moderator

So I'm a Thor and Hulk fan and I don't mind so much if Hulk lifts Mjolnir - I probably would mind if he overpowered the enchantment the same way I would if Spider-man ripped off Hulk's arms and knocked him out with them. They are fictional characters, anything is possible. That doesn't look to be the case here though, so I am intrigued and looking forward to it.

Do I think Hulk has earned it? Not really to me and what I know of both characters, and Thors two biggest writers have been pretty open with who they think shouldn't or can't and if Thing, Superman, Captain America can't then Hulk should be okay without lifting it either. Its not a sleight towards Hulk. Then again Superman and Cap have had exceptional moments with Mjolnir, Hulk might too, and depending on the situation, like Supermans lifting, I was of an alright opinion. The worthiness factor has to take into account Odin's enchantment, not just an individuals subjective view of what is or isn't worthy.

I am looking forward to the issue and hope both characters get to look good.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pyrogram

@seekquaze: Read my blog. It is ideas what worthiness is so far.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/pyrogram/what-makes-you-worthy-to-lift-mjolnir/87-89691/

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well...I might as well overact immediately and shoot my neighbor.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By PowerHerc

I'll bet this page is misleading hyperbole. The Hulk can't lift Mjolnir. No way.

Marvel is just bull$h-tting us.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull: I know dude. But I just kind of want to make a scene XD

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By Lvenger

Come on there's gonna be a catch guys! No way Hulk will magically be able to lift Mjolnir now without having done so in Marvel mainstream history. Marvel just want us to speculate, fume and buy the issue to see what happens. Which I will be doing.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pyrogram

@Lvenger said:

Come on there's gonna be a catch guys! No way Hulk will magically be able to lift Mjolnir now without having done so in Marvel mainstream history. Marvel just want us to speculate, fume and buy the issue to see what happens. Which I will be doing.

Yes xD

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By Billy Batson

If it's true, you have to suck it since the artist is the one who redefined Thor.
    BB

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

*sigh* Hopefully it's a dream sequence or something. Hulk should never be strong enough to overcome Odin's enchantment and he is nowhere near worthy.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@Pyrogram said:

@Teerack said:

Banner is noble, selfless, honourable and a warrior.

He's dealt with more demons, both real and metaphorical, than Thor has.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.