Rune King Thor Help?

  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanebad6 said:

@SupahForeigner said:

I would just like to make a quick point, if RKT was able to blast the so called 'Gods of Gods' into oblivion then Im sure he could at least face off against Galactus? I'm not saying RKT would beat him, but would at least give him a pretty good fight.

The Rune Power seems to have unknown limits, this is shown by how Thor was much more powerful than his father, Odin, ever was but they never showed the true extent and limits of this power. End of the day, it's anybodies guess, but seeing how Thor broke the cycle of Ragnarok which not even the all-father could do shows maybe a glimpse of this power. Hopefully Thor will one day touch upon this power in a time of need, and soon.

dude they need to make another comic with that already, how powerful were the runes? The guys talking to thor about joining them or something.

The guys asking about Thor joining them was 'Those Who Sit Above in Shadows', not the Runes. But, for me at least, it's hard to say exactly how powerful the Runes were.

#52 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I don't know if its just me but the thor in " thor dissasembled" is not rkt, rkt doesn't have a helmet and his eyes are glowing. Can someone put please put up some scans to help me out.

#53 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is a scale:

Abstract

-

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RKT

-

-

-

Elder God

-

-

-

-

-

Skyfather

That's where I'd put RKT

#54 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

If this is a scale:

Abstract

-

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RKT

-

-

-

Elder God

-

-

-

-

-

Skyfather

That's where I'd put RKT

I have to agree but the ones who sit above shadows were said to be gods above gods, how powerful were they?

#55 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanebad6 said:

I have to agree but the ones who sit above shadows were said to be gods above gods, how powerful were they?

seeing as they have outlived and manipulated Asgardians such as Odin and Bor and the like for millenia, I'm guessing pretty powerful. (just below RKT on scale).

#56 Posted by Z3RO180 (6454 posts) - - Show Bio

RKT is by far the most powerful version of thor there is.

#57 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvels whole powerlevel class just makes someone who enjoys anything that has a shred a reality in it lose almost complete interest.

This seems very childlike.

#58 Posted by throughmyeyez (501 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah! Any news on this topic?

#59 Posted by VinoVash1234 (351 posts) - - Show Bio

"Those who sit above in shadows were celestial beings......."

Rune King Thor is celestial level, surpassing sky-father and elder god level.

#60 Posted by seekquaze (612 posts) - - Show Bio

"Those who sit above in shadows were celestial beings......."

Rune King Thor is celestial level, surpassing sky-father and elder god level.

This does not mean Rune Thor was a Celestial. "Celestial beings" is a vague term referring to heavenly beings. There is nothing to allude, imply, hint, or anything else linking Those Who Sit Above in Shadow to the Celestials.

Truth is we do not know how powerful Rune Thor is. The story stated repeating Odin's sacrifice was pointless since Odin had already done it. Thor had to go further for the same runic knowledge Odin possessed. It was stated Odin fathered Thor so a son of mixed heritage would be free from the control over TWSAIS. Odin could not break the cycle because his future was controlled by TWSAIS.

All we know is Thor was at the very least equal to Odin. Nothing he did is not beyond what Odin himself has demonstrated being capable of doing. Thor's heritage made him free of TWSAIS control and he needed that level of power to break the cycle.

#61 Posted by New_World_Order (13005 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha the old ThunderGodsWrath. :p

#62 Posted by bzahine (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Rune King Thor is such a fag, Pre Crisis Superman owns him i don't know why you people can't understand that and always say that thor is stronger, don't you understand Superman was created to be the strongest

#63 Posted by GhostRavage (8825 posts) - - Show Bio

@bzahine: And this argument is totally in-context. Also, impressively wrong.

#64 Posted by HaveAtThee (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@bzahine: Pre 2004 Thor (especially pre-1990) was also ridiculously powerful. Check out the impressive and what some would say "ludicrous" feats of power from the Silver Age and in the next three decades of stories. King Thor is the most powerful incarnation of Thor there has ever been on panels. Heck, people severely underestimate the power of current, regular Thor (heir of a skyfather and elder goddess). Not the character's fault that Marvel's moronic writers and editors (most of them) lack the imagination to portray him correctly.

#65 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

He is very powerful. He did what Odin could not do and defeated the ones who sit above in shadow.

#66 Posted by Egemensson (258 posts) - - Show Bio

this picture makes me think he's above surtur, arishem, exitar and galactus; which means he's an abstract.

#67 Posted by New_World_Order (13005 posts) - - Show Bio

this picture makes me think he's above surtur, arishem, exitar and galactus; which means he's an abstract.

Could be.

#68 Posted by SkyRobo1 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

1) RKT is around an Elder God level and maybe semi-abstract (Hercules in Chaos War is above RKT)

2) RKT (This is just me estimating here) Is around 20-30 possibly 40% (Depends on the situation) lower than a Fully Fed Galactus so RKT would possess a threat to Galactus but he should still win..

3) Also someone brought Silver Age Superman here so I'd like to say that SA Superman had PIS has his main powers..

#69 Edited by antoniovese (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@seekquaze: I don't know everything on this subject but it did state in that comic that Those That Sit Above in Shadow are Celestial Beings. Then it CLEARLY stated that Thor DESTROYED THEM! That I do know FOR A FACT! How Powerful they are idk but if Odin was powerless to stop them, then yeah!

Also someone mentioned Thor's eyes Glowing! That was because Thor plucked out both eyes and threw them in the Well Of Mimir (Well of knowledge) and instead of impaling himself on the world tree he Hung himself till almost dead and crossing into the death Realm. When the Odin Force came to Thor it asked for a greater sacrifice than that of his father Odin. Basically instead of one eye it was two and instead of impaling it was a hanging which it STATED that those actions made the Odin Force embrace him which gave him complete control over the power of the Runes therefore it stated that he knows the unknowable and has seen the unseen. Nothing that has ever been or will be is hidden from him or out of his control! He controls the present and guides the future and past. Time travel is nothing new to him if you guys remember Thor vs Gorr he was even able to bring his three selves together to fight Gorr, King Thor, Thor and Young Thor and he was able to coexist while using both Mjolnirs at one time!

#70 Posted by arthurkerr (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@majestic99: He can't in any form. What is this even based off of?

Thats not a silver surfer fight where he is even trying. If had been trying nothing would have stood in his way nothing at all.

I like Thor but The surfer trumps him.

The surfer does more then just energy blast thats insane to think he would get that close to Thor not be able to dodge his hammer and many other things. As for Galactus they should have never even gotten close like when Hercules tried and was turned into slime with but a thought.

#71 Posted by arthurkerr (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its all just a badly written even great art can make a bad story work. This is horrible. great art horrible story.

They just set up Galactus for a a fall and bring the surfer along for the ride.

#72 Edited by Neemia (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Ok, after I saw your question and since I know a bit about Rune King Thor but a lot of the info was passed down to me and this is the best input I could give you! Rune King Thor with one blow tore the dimensional barrier between Surturs realm and Valhala allowing Surtur to march on Valhala. He tore the fabric of reality with his hand and placed Surtur in the death dimension, he removed Loki's head from his body keeping it alive and kept it as a pet of sorts talking to his head whenever he felt necessary, he destroyed Durok without raising a finger and also Mangog by just raising his hand, Magog punched on him and all the blows he landed did not even budge Thor an inch then simply draining Mangog of his life force and killing him. Rune King Thor killed the ones that sit above in shadow and it's said that they are Celestial Beings and when Thor went to their dimension it showed them as merged with the universe just the way Thanos was in IG Thanos when he drained all the power of the CUBE! So if they were abstract level and Thor ended ALL of them with a single energy blast along with the world tree and the fates what does that say about HIS power? They could not even fight back knowing they're about to die seeing it was hopeless and the comic said that they were indeed dead. Here is a video of some of what I have found about Rune King Thor on Ytube! Odin was nothing compared to those that sit above in shadow, not even a tenth of a degree and you know how powerful Odin was so now knowing how easily Thor got rid of them, think of how much more powerful he is then his father. At no point in this state as RKT did he even come close to something he could not do nor did it even hint at what he could not do. He struck down an entire army of hulk like creatures with hammers that were almost as powerful as Mjolnir with no effort at all! Hope that helps a little bit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj1B3VRTtUY

Take Care!

#73 Edited by arthurkerr (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@kallarkz said:

Marvels whole powerlevel class just makes someone who enjoys anything that has a shred a reality in it lose almost complete interest.

This seems very childlike.

I agree power to whom ever is writing this is lost to blast and explosions and that is not power that's guys with toys.

Makes for bad story telling.

As for Odin losing and eye all he gained was wisdom and the knowledge of the magic and to see the future. Two eyes would not have given Thor anything other then what Odin had already gained and shared with the world. Like saying but I gave twice as much I should get twice as much knowledge about magic. NO you get the same that Odin got and you already had that because Odin already gave his eye. Why would you go and give something he already gave something for.

Oh look Thor gave two eyes.

Somebody needs to say something to Thor before he plucks his other eye out.

Like hey this will not help you in the least.

He should have reached down plucked Odin's eye out of the well and used it to see some sense in what he was trying to get done.

Seeing the future is all about how you make sense of what you see.

The vision alone will not help you till the events start to unfold.

Then it simply is to late and you could be way off base.

Then you have it they only stopped the gods in one place or in the mind of Thor he did. Whom is to say those whom sit above did not just make it all take place in the mind of Thor something they could do with ease. Since time travel would be nothing to even the least of these beings and what ever force made them did so for a reason and no matter whom killed them. They would find a way to make them again.

The universe does not like a vacuum and will fill the empty seat.

Get rid of Galactus something worse will come. It is the law of nature.

The snake eating its own tail.

#74 Edited by SkyRobo1 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

How powerful is Rune King Thor can someone help and tell me?
Explain your reason and state why. Skyfather, Elder god, Abstract level?

I believe in his RKT version he's powerlevel should be at an Elder Gods.

#75 Posted by Neemia (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@arthurkerr:

Odin gained knowledge and wisdom from sacrificing his eye to the well of mimir and for impaling himself on the tree of life. He was able to see some things in the future and he had vast knowledge of how things worked. There is absolutely no comparing what Thor did as apposed to

Odin. It said that since Thor hanged himself until he crossed the threshhold of death and that is when he saw Those That Sit Above and he knew them and what they were but Odin only knew of them when he gave an Eye to the well of mimir. Thor it was said that when he completed his

sacrifice he knew the UNKNOWABLE and he saw THE UNSEEN! Nothing was kept from him knowledge wise and sight, seeing into the future all the way into nothingness it said. Odin being able to see some future events and have knowledge of how things worked is NOTHING compared to KNOWING ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and SEEING IT ALL! How can you even try to compare those two things as close? Odin couldn't even see Loki or Surtur, they were able to hide from him yet Thor when he came back he not only saw them all he knew what they did and how they did it ALL! Watermelon and Grapes!

Odin, Thor and Loki fought Surtur barely winning at the cost of Odin's life yet when Thor with the power of the Runes fought him HE EASILY KILLED SURTUR, something they barely did

together with combined strength. He tore down the barriers between worlds like childs play, he destroyed The Ones That Sit Above who Odin didn't even know who they were because Odin didn't even come close to their pay grade, he was a joke to them! You don't even know that the Odin Force asked him (THOR) for a greater sacrifice and Thor did those things, that's why he GOT COMPLETE control of the power of the Runes as Odin did not command it fully, where you got this nonsense is beyond anyone. The part where you said Thor should of grabbed Odin's eye from the well to see some sense, well maybe you should inform yourself on what that well means and where the eye is, seriously hard to take much seriously that you write but I have to address this nonsense so no one will mistake this as correct or even remotely truthful!

"Seeing the future is all about how you make sense of what you see

The vision alone will not help you till the events start to unfold.

Then it simply is to late and you could be way off base".? REALLY? lol Yeah, NO!

We barely know much about RKT so please don't butcher what we do know and

make this a joke! Well since Marvel Comic Stated it happened and it was

in print means it did take place! Maybe all comics never happened and

there is no DC OR MARVEL and it all happened in our heads? OMG, what do

we do now? Seriously? Let's leave the story telling to Marvel, no

need to create your own fiction outside of that comic. Are you a DC fan

boy just trying to make Thor look bad because you SURELY ARE NOT a Thor

fan and what you're doing is here is a sad mystery!

#76 Posted by arthurkerr (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@neemia said:

@arthurkerr:

Odin gained knowledge and wisdom from sacrificing his eye to the well of mimir and for impaling himself on the tree of life. He was able to see some things in the future and he had vast knowledge of how things worked. There is absolutely no comparing what Thor did as apposed to

Odin. It said that since Thor hanged himself until he crossed the threshhold of death and that is when he saw Those That Sit Above and he knew them and what they were but Odin only knew of them when he gave an Eye to the well of mimir. Thor it was said that when he completed his

sacrifice he knew the UNKNOWABLE and he saw THE UNSEEN! Nothing was kept from him knowledge wise and sight, seeing into the future all the way into nothingness it said. Odin being able to see some future events and have knowledge of how things worked is NOTHING compared to KNOWING ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and SEEING IT ALL! How can you even try to compare those two things as close? Odin couldn't even see Loki or Surtur, they were able to hide from him yet Thor when he came back he not only saw them all he knew what they did and how they did it ALL! Watermelon and Grapes!

Odin, Thor and Loki fought Surtur barely winning at the cost of Odin's life yet when Thor with the power of the Runes fought him HE EASILY KILLED SURTUR, something they barely did

together with combined strength. He tore down the barriers between worlds like childs play, he destroyed The Ones That Sit Above who Odin didn't even know who they were because Odin didn't even come close to their pay grade, he was a joke to them! You don't even know that the Odin Force asked him (THOR) for a greater sacrifice and Thor did those things, that's why he GOT COMPLETE control of the power of the Runes as Odin did not command it fully, where you got this nonsense is beyond anyone. The part where you said Thor should of grabbed Odin's eye from the well to see some sense, well maybe you should inform yourself on what that well means and where the eye is, seriously hard to take much seriously that you write but I have to address this nonsense so no one will mistake this as correct or even remotely truthful!

"Seeing the future is all about how you make sense of what you see

The vision alone will not help you till the events start to unfold.

Then it simply is to late and you could be way off base".? REALLY? lol Yeah, NO!

We barely know much about RKT so please don't butcher what we do know and

make this a joke! Well since Marvel Comic Stated it happened and it was

in print means it did take place! Maybe all comics never happened and

there is no DC OR MARVEL and it all happened in our heads? OMG, what do

we do now? Seriously? Let's leave the story telling to Marvel, no

need to create your own fiction outside of that comic. Are you a DC fan

boy just trying to make Thor look bad because you SURELY ARE NOT a Thor

fan and what you're doing is here is a sad mystery!

you hardly can make that statement not a Thor fan , I have been reading Thor far longer then most and to say this is wrong in the least.

As for marvel it is just one persons take on Thor the myth and mine my not be the same. They hire writers this is how it works. If I write a story I am no different only I do not get paid for it and guess what. I can write as I seem fit.

This being the case I can say as I wish and in most senses you and everybody else in the world with any common sense would know that a writer can do anything and the writers make characters do things that just make no sense. Everybody does it. So try to sell some crazy idea some place else I am not buying.

Fanboy or what ever you want to call people is another way for saying on this web sight about overboard people. This would describe yourself. Fan that and take it home. make yourself a bed and sit back and say. Hey I did good.

No you did not.

fan boy on that a bit.

As for Dc comics they have made good comics and bad comics as do all story boards.

A part of being able to tell a good story is not everybody will like it.

So we all have a right to say hey this makes no sense.

So when I say it makes no sense to me and say why.

Then come up with a better reason then oh the writer says so.

That is kind of lame.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.