Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8588 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

RKT is now in secret wars?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone know anything about this?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By antithetical

All I know is he's in the Battleworld Thors book, a Thor cop, somewhat of an a-hole, the other Thors call him "Runey".

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uugieboogie

All I know is he's in the Battleworld Thors book, a Thor cop, somewhat of an a-hole, the other Thors call him "Runey".

Seriously?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uugieboogie

@antithetical said:

@uugieboogie: unfortunately... :S

This doesn't make any sense at all lol.

EDIT: You have a scan of him in it?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has already been posted, but in the first panel BRB refers to him as "Runey"...

No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By antithetical

RKT being kind of a dick in the last panel...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RKT being kind of a dick in the last panel...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That doesn't even look like RKT it looks more like King Thor from the Reign/Spiral series. Actually that's exactly what King Thor wore in that arc and he had the beard RKT didn't have facial hair. They're just butchering Thor, smh

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Ah, well it's been awhile since I've read the Ragnarok arc, but you're right, just saw the scans and that he was being referred to as "Runey" (short for RKT), though this should just be another indication of Aaron's disregard for the character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron is seriously bringing back previous versions of Thor just to ruin them too, that is ridiculous. Making them cops was and enough.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Ah, well it's been awhile since I've read the Ragnarok arc, but you're right, just saw the scans and that he was being referred to as "Runey" (short for RKT), though this should just be another indication of Aaron's disregard for the character.

Yeah he clearly has no respect for the character and thats definitely King Thor

@jayc1324 said:

Jason Aaron is seriously bringing back previous versions of Thor just to ruin them too, that is ridiculous. Making them cops was and enough.

Exactly!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Yep, you're right, the Spiral arc ended up being another alt timeline which was undone once Thor realized his mistakes and occurred prior to and separate from the Ragnarok/RKT story, so really if Aaron is going to be handing out "cutsie" names his should be "Kingie" or something... even worse...

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Yep, you're right, the Spiral arc ended up being another alt timeline which was undone once Thor realized his mistakes and occurred prior to and separate from the Ragnarok/RKT story, so really if Aaron is going to be handing out "cutsie" names his should be "Kingie" or something... even worse...

Honestly I don't think Aaron knows the difference and he seem to be the type to care about hot has been done.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Well, I admit to doing the same thing, just initially thinking of the entire 80+ issue run from that volume before you pointed out the discrepancy. Only difference is I doubt Jason Aaron will admit his mistake... a little late for it anyway...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spambot

@antithetical: Its possible that the Reigning future didn't become an alternate one until the KT from that future changed it from becoming 616's reality. Thus it was diverged from happening in 616. Every indication that was ever given during that story arc is that it was 616 earth's future. Those things always get changed after the fact into something else. My theory is that KT going back is what made it into an alternate timeline.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By antithetical

@spambot: As I understand it the Reigning future was never given an official designation as an alt timeline/universe? Though the simple fact that everything was reset to the "present" (at that particular time) and things have diverged significantly in the MU since would by default indicate it's not the 616 future. Apparently this is why too many forays into future time storytelling can make things kind of "messy" for the casual reader, thus resulting in a multiverse condensing event like Secret Wars...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spambot

@antithetical: I think someone posted something about how the reigning timeline had been given a number different than that of 616 earth. I'm just saying that imo it was 616 earth but once KT changed that future it became an alt earth. I mean they are all alt earths to some degree, just that the Reigning timeline diverged from 616's once KT went back in time. Its always confusing to make sense of time travel.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spiderman1997

My rage was so intense at every panel with King Thor in it. In the Reigning, he is a no-nonsense king with absolute authority and he is also a complete and unquestionable badass. In Thor's, he is Runey. Yeah fear the all powerful Runey. If not for the three panels in Thors #2 I would have given up on this series completely.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.