Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Ragnarok - IDW

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Has this been discussed on the Thor boards? Has anyone else been reading this series from IDW/Walter Simonson?

Next issue/arc out tomorrow.

No Caption Provided

Considering the controversy Marvel's Thor title is in right now, having a Thor (even without his skin) has been a nice read for me.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/ragnark-7-idw-2015

Avatar image for thorthunderingfan
    ThorThunderingFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: I didn't saw an discussion about it,I'm reading this too,because this is Thor,even if is kind of dead,kind of.

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@earthsmightiest: I've been reading it as well and have really enjoyed it. Walt Simonson has a great deal of knowledge of Norse Mythology and respect for it. And hell he's one of the greatest Thor writers of all time

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the first Arc, the first 2 issues were very good, then this comic had a slow pace, however issue 6 put it again on Walt's great quality when he tells stories with Thor and the Norse stuff... This new worlbuilding where the enemies actually defeated the Gods has a lot of potential...

The problem with this comic are the constant changes in the release dates, i really don't know what is better read it issue by issue or wait for the end of the Arc!

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first tpb was recently released for this series. It collects issues 1-8 I think. I started reading it but might get the tpb. I just didn't like skeleton Thor that much.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Thanks for the info, I was going to ask if there was a tpb for this series yet.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've not yet taken a look but I've heard nothing but positive stuff about the series. It is Uncle Walt on Thor after all. I'm sure it's at least fun if not excellent.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WALT

FREAKING

SIMONSON?!

Yeah im gonna buy this.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Is Thor still basically a living zombie at the end of issue 6? I read the first 3 but didn't like zombie Thor.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
    Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting....

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I saw the TPB yesterday at a local store, I was very close to buying it but I wasn´t carrying money lol, the art looked gorgeous though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I saw the TPB yesterday at a local store, I was very close to buying it but I wasn´t carrying money lol, the art looked gorgeous though.

It's superb, the Norse mythological stuff drawn by Simonson is amazing. As are the action sequences, they're super bombastic and epic just as his Marvel Thor run was.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

It's superb, the Norse mythological stuff drawn by Simonson is amazing. As are the action sequences, they're super bombastic and epic just as his Marvel Thor run was.

Glad to hear that, I´m definitely getting it.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hardcover collection is beautiful, I have single issues but I was tempted to pick it up anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.