Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8585 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Quick Thor question

Snickersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Snickersss

I know Thor fought with the Nazi's in WW2 for a litte bit, but I don't know which comic or issue it occured in, does anyone know? 

In other words I am asking which comic book and issue number(s) did Thor fight with the Nazi's in WW2.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Snickersss said:

" I know Thor fought with the Nazi's in WW2 for a litte bit, but I don't know which comic or issue it occured in, does anyone know?  In other words I am asking which comic book and issue number(s) did Thor fight with the Nazi's in WW2. "

I believe that would be INVADERS Vol 1, issue #32, and I think #33. I have been able to read one of the issue, pretty good read. I believe this is the instance you speak of, but let me know if it sounds wrong.  

Also I believe in AVENGERS/INVADERS 12 part mini, this was again briefly revisited as due to the nature of that mini. So a small cameo there by Thor as well, near the end. 
    Snickersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Snickersss
    @SC:

Yeah that looks like what I am looking for. Thank you! :D
    KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By KidSupreme

Thats a good question

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

Wasn't Thor being manipulated by Hitler in this issue of the "Invaders?"
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PowerHerc said:
    " Wasn't Thor being manipulated by Hitler in this issue of the "Invaders?" "

Oh, the one out this week? Interesting, I got to make sure to pick it up. (Actually I already was, but still good to know lol)
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PowerHerc
    @SC said:
    " @PowerHerc said:
    " Wasn't Thor being manipulated by Hitler in this issue of the "Invaders?" "
     Oh, the one out this week? Interesting, I got to make sure to pick it up. (Actually I already was, but still good to know lol) "

No, no the one out this week.  I'm sorry for not being clear.  I meant the one he appeared in back in the late 1970's.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PowerHerc: Oh, tis all good. Yes, to your post then, Thor thought he was doing good, but later Hitler lost his temper and Thor got angry about being deceived by mortals, so left.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PowerHerc
    @SC:
    Thanks.  I didn't know the exact circumstances of that issue.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PowerHerc: I think i have some scans of that issue, I might throw em up tomorrow. Its sort of funny, but typical set up to get a hero to face and fight other heroes. Thor comes across a bit naive but otherwise well intentioned. 
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PowerHerc
    @SC:
    Cool.  Thanks for letting me know.   
    I'm glad the writer maintained Thor's heroic integrity by having him be well-intentioned.   
    Having him temporarily evil would be too out of character and should make him unworthy of Mjolnir.
    Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Larkin1388

I find it kind of ironic historically speaking... seeing as norse mythology was a main religion of the germanic people, even the Nazis SS were given special little boxes carves with runes in them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.