Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

pros and counters of the new and only Thor.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mjolnirson

Thor being unworthy= good. 7

Thor losing his arm= awesome. 10

Thor using Jarnbjorn instead of Mjolnir= awesome. 10

Turn him into a woman but don't turn him because he will still be Thor just with the name of unworthy... but there will be another Thor woman... dam= the most stupid thing that Marvel has done to Thor and his fans aside of canceling GOT all the punching bag stuff in the recent years and more stuff (AVX, Avengers, etc.) . -200000.

Stop GOT= stupid. -27.

Score:-200000

No Caption Provided

why Marvel...?

They were doing God of Thunder so awesome, so well in all the stuff... art, story, dialogues... why they had to turn him into a woman... i am fine with the unworthy thing, with the arm... but why they had to turn him into a woman and not only that... they make so awful stuff as: call her Thor, but the real Thor stay but without his arm and as a hobo Thor... ohh but also he is not Thor...

i actually want this to be awesome, i know that i have to wait and see... but there are so many inconsistencies.

but they were doing so great, the God Butcher, Malekith and Last days of midgard... hell the story of young Thor and his friend the drunk dragon was good.

i dont know guys what do you think about it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boobs. That is all.

Jmarshmallow

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By arthurkerr

@mjolnirson said:

Thor being unworthy= good. 7

Thor losing his arm= awesome. 10

Thor using Jarnbjorn instead of Mjolnir= awesome. 10

Turn him into a woman but don't turn him because he will still be Thor just with the name of unworthy... but there will be another Thor woman... dam= the most stupid thing that Marvel has done to Thor and his fans aside of canceling GOT all the punching bag stuff in the recent years and more stuff (AVX, Avengers, etc.) . -200000.

Stop GOT= stupid. -27.

Score:-200000

No Caption Provided

why Marvel...?

They were doing God of Thunder so awesome, so well in all the stuff... art, story, dialogues... why they had to turn him into a woman... i am fine with the unworthy thing, with the arm... but why they had to turn him into a woman and not only that... they make so awful stuff as: call her Thor, but the real Thor stay but without his arm and as a hobo Thor... ohh but also he is not Thor...

i actually want this to be awesome, i know that i have to wait and see... but there are so many inconsistencies.

but they were doing so great, the God Butcher, Malekith and Last days of midgard... hell the story of young Thor and his friend the drunk dragon was good.

i dont know guys what do you think about it.

I hate to say no but ok , um no I do not ...

So let me start out saying.

Thor unworthy yet again...Hell no

Thor losing any peace of his body....hell to the no.

and Female Thor well I will keep my thoughts clean. but still no.

good points...

I can think of none.

Let me think on this.

nope still nothing.....

Oh almost forgot him using a axe that will never cut a single thing.

Bad very bad as is almost any character that uses swords or axes and never cuts anything with them.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr:

i am ok with the part of Thor losing his arm because that would be the explanation of the missing arm of OKT, and it´s a hope shot to go on with the GOT story arc.

The axe is pretty badass and powerful, it injured Galactus, one shot two Celestials; in the story, when Thor was young he used it to kill frost giants and dragons. it´s a good weapon in this universe (even when we all know that in the Norse religion or mythology never existed) however i think it´s ok. but it´s just my opinion.

the other stuff is well... mmm i said it before aweful.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr:

i am ok with the part of Thor losing his arm because that would be the explanation of the missing arm of OKT, and it´s a hope shot to go on with the GOT story arc.

The axe is pretty badass and powerful, it injured Galactus, one shot two Celestials; in the story, when Thor was young he used it to kill frost giants and dragons. it´s a good weapon in this universe (even when we all know that in the Norse religion or mythology never existed) however i think it´s ok. but it´s just my opinion.

the other stuff is well... mmm i said it before awful.

I prefer my hero whole since he can heal a hurt arm with ease.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: I don't really agree with him losing an arm. To me it shows mortality & he shouldn't be losing any limbs.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: how does him loading an arm signify mortality ?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@uugieboogie: how does him loading an arm signify mortality ?

It all comes down to how he loses it & who's the one to take it. But Thor is suppose to be a god, him losing limbs just doesn't seem right. With all the magic capabilities he can't regrow a limb? Odin was able to bring ppl back to life, King Thor was able to bring people back to life (sort of), they were able to make things appear of out nowhere, hear prayers. They're gods but can lose limbs. That doesn't seem right to me & just seems mortal.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: If Asgardian's could regroup limbs Tyr would have grown his back by now. Look on the bright side he looks like a badass.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@uugieboogie: If Asgardian's could regroup limbs Tyr would have grown his back by now. Look on the bright side he looks like a badass.

we are almost at the point where we can grow body parts. If they cannot something is wrong. As for how many other higher based life forms is in the universe that can with simple science this should be simple.

Bad story telling.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

we are almost at the point where we can grow body parts. If they cannot something is wrong. As for how many other higher based life forms is in the universe that can with simple science this should be simple.

Bad story telling.

Thats what I'm saying. Its certain characters who planets are regrowing limbs & such but these "Gods" can't? They can bring the dead back to life but can't heal themselves? At won't point couldn't Thor regrow limbs with Mjolnir? It is just bad story telling. Magic is technically doing whatever you want. I don't see why can't he channel his godly life force & grow his damn arm back. Gods in comics get downplayed horrifically. There's no way why spider man should have the same strength class as a god.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

legally Loki can marry THOR

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: He does not look like a "badass". He looks weak and like a Cable knock off. No matter how you phrase it: arm loss = weakness. No Badassery whatsoever. The loss of the arm labels him a weakling. No one will fear him now. Especially when that he-she Malekith was the one to cut it! And the destroyer arm looks stupid. The arm he's wearing now is a Stark creation. How pathetic! We should start a chart thread to count how many times his fake arm will be ripped off by any of numerous opponents who will then beat him with it. BS!!!

Btw- in the Jurgens run, it was mentioned by someone (maybe enchantress) that he could heal his arm but he refused to. So he could heal it. Just like he got his eyes back after ripping them out.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks more like Cable after about a year-long hangover and if he were living in the slums of Detroit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.