Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Original Sin was the right event to make Thor unworthy?

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Original Sin was the right event to make Thor unworthy? (34 votes)

Yes 12%
    No 88%

After the conclusion of Original Sin do feel that this event was the right fit for Thor become unworthy, or do you think this was to forced to replace the character by the announced female Thor?

• 
    Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Thor_Donar

In my personal opinion the core essentials elements of the plot of Original Sin don't fit with Thor character and his past, this is not his story, and he has nothing to do with the main events of the story, i don't understand the reason why Thor should become unworthy in this event and not in his own book, with related characters and story.

This wasn't planed from the beginning of the story of O. S. and only was made to force the previous announced changes.

In last issue O.S. 8 some marvel artist was confused, Is He still Worthy!!! But in O.S 7 he wasn't anymore!!!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, it was done as an afterthought and wasn't at all made to seem like a big deal. It was like, all this huge stuff is going on, and then in the background Thor is doing nothing trying to lift his hammer. It was unimportant to the story. Not a good way to handle this. It seems like marvel didn't know how they were gonna make him unworthy, they just decided they could squeeze it in here. It should've been an entire issue showing him become unworthy, and we should have been told why.

Secondly, I have a problem with nick fury being the one the do it. Nick fury is irrelevant to Thor and not at all important to him or his stories. Nick fury has nothing to do with Thor and should not have been the one to make him unworthy. It should have been someone actually relevant to thor.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're going to have Thor lose the ability to lift Mjolnir, it belongs in a Thor title with lots of subtle build-up and a gradual but important change in the character. Not as a throwaway moment in a rather mundane "event" title.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Is there a good way to make Thor unworthy let alone by having someone whisper in his ears.

I thought the whole idea was Odin enchantment would decide who is worthy and otherwise , why would knowing a secret , regardless of what it may be , automatically make him unworthy when the said worthiness enchantment has nothing to do with what Thor feels about himself. Poor writing really.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a good way to make Thor unworthy let alone by having someone whisper in his ears.

I thought the whole idea was Odin enchantment would decide who is worthy and otherwise , why would knowing a secret , regardless of what it may be , automatically make him unworthy when the said worthiness enchantment has nothing to do with what Thor feels about himself. Poor writing really.

Couldn't agree more...

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So Jason Aaron the writer that Thor fans like suddenly with just writing one event fans criticize him. Let he tell the story. Superior Foes of Spider-man happens , at first not many spidey fans like the idea but then suddenly it is well receive

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Jason Aaron the writer that Thor fans like suddenly with just writing one event fans criticize him. Let he tell the story. Superior Foes of Spider-man happens , at first not many spidey fans like the idea but then suddenly it is well receive

I stopped reading Spiderman after the writers lied about killing off Ben.

I cannot stand lame story lines.

I hope they got back to telling good stories in the Spiderman books because i would like to read them again one day.

Yeah I agree pulling the unworthy card from places we do not want to know about and calling it a planned action. Well on a good note at least we have silver surfer to read. I mean how can you mess up the sufer dude.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

The reason why fans such as ourselves are now criticising Aaron is because this PR stunt runs contradictory to all his awesome writing he's been doing on Thor thus far. By removing Thor from his own title, Aaron isn't going to be writing anymore awesome Thor moments like we saw in God Butcher or Godbomb. He's ruining his own run for the sake of a cheap thrill and a temporary sales boost as people pander to how 'diverse' and 'all encompassing' Marvel are now there's a new female Thor. When in reality, all they're doing is saddling a female character in the role of an iconic male hero and calling it diversity.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly you could tell that the part about Thor was rushed in . Thor becoming unworthy should have been in his book . This whole time I thought it was going to happen in TGOT when they first announced it . & then having Nick Fury play a key role in it just doesn't feel right . Honestly they should've had Roz die & Thor couldn't save her in time & because of that make himself feel unworthy . I can buy that with Thor's character I can see a scenario like that happening . This OS just seems all wrong IMO .

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arthurkerr

Why does he always have to become unworthy or get beat to see a need and help another warrior. This is one played out card I wish they would stop doing.

Like the phoenix some other character rising from the ashes of Thor and that is really lame and self defeating and only brings about bad vibes toward the new creation. Had he simply got sick and she used his hammer to defend the realm while he was sick , or was whisked away through a portal to a world of war and constant hand to hand fighting forcing Thor to become a better fighter without his hammer. That would be a awesome story line. However no they went the lame old way. " Hi my name is Thor and I am unworthy to hold my own weapon that is bonded to my very life force" Hi Thor.....

I mean come on "yawn"

Rising from Thor's unworthy Female Thor stands on the brink of despair and faces down bad giants and trolls and angry Marvel readers.....because wow where have we seen this before. Oh yes with Thunder Strike. oh yeah , just right out of the movies , oh yeah Thor long ago with that stupid stick. If anybody should be sent to earth to think about life it should be Sif dammit.. All that pent up frustration she must have. I love you , I got to go , oh this is Jane Sif , oh yeah she is my earth fling for today.... But dear I still love you just for the next 10 years or so.....

What happens on Earth stays on earth.

" one more reason why Thor would have never put Asgard on earth"

All joking aside "Loki should be sent to earth to learn a thing or two about humility"

I would love to read that book....and please Keep him a him for gods sake.

What is up with this gender thing , really I mean if a women was writing it I would be like...I could see her point she is a women , hard to grasp the idea of what a man thinks like.

So lets look at it another way.

Jason .....mans name.....

Wants to write and appeal to women and girls.

Does anybody else see something wrong with this picture?

Read Ann Rice the vampire books?

All the male characters sound like they are in love with other male characters.

For the love of a good meal and ale and women me says nay be not forsaken of thy wits and bring about mead and meat and battle.

Not , oh Balder my brother of thou I love thee and look tis Loki and my brotherly love exeedeth bounds untold in poem and father Odin do so let me sit next to thee at the dinner table.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shizzle.

I want our Thor back with the Loki cracking jokes the Balder finding love and a good wine and Odin saying , hey you guys got this I cannot stand being cooped up in this castle...... Off he goes to explore and get trapped and the guys have to set out again to save him.

Loki the trickster not the evil. They are gods he only killed Balder he comes back , so they all do.

Give us back are b.w.b. Boys With Balls....

Give us back our stores where Sif is sexy and able to kick booty and Thor is still a force of nature and Loki is the definitive magic using bad ass.

How hard is it to write a story with these guys because as I see it they were doing this in caves long long ago and the stories are still told today.

But for some reason Marvel seems to want to change what works because they think , the stories do not work.

Um really because they worked this long?

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Zarathos022

My answer is the latter.

Honestly, this and Death of Wolverine are two of Marvel's DUMBEST ideas yet.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By arthurkerr

@zarathos022 said:

My answer is the latter.

Honestly, this and Death of Wolverine are two of Marvel's DUMBEST ideas yet.

I agree i would not touch them if they paid me to read it.

watchers can survive planets blowing up , stars and galaxies and still not a scratch and yet a bullet can kill one. I say no....really you can shoot a watcher?

wow

MsScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen and this mindset is the reason Marvel is trying something new.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 4Thor

@arthurkerr: This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen and this mindset is the reason Marvel is trying something new.

Don't insult people just because their opinion is different from yours!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen and this mindset is the reason Marvel is trying something new.

Tone it down.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, since Aaron wrote the event, I wouldn't be surprised if he had Thor losing the hammer in mind the whole time while plotting it out. So, yeah, I do think OS was the right event to have Thor be Unworthy. Because what ever Nick said will most likely tie into the Thor series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Voted yes

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would ask why you think that?

Is it because a watcher cannot die from being shot. That they do not even breath and that when you shoot one a being that can withstand the vacume of space more then likely scatter his atoms far and wide and he would pull himself back together and yet you think oh , lets just simply have a bullet kill a watcher.

However you simply say oh.....and I am the one whom is wrong for saying. Wow and all the other watcher in the universe that can travel in time like nothing and see whom killed him just do nothing.

At what point does the story become odd.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zarathos022

@msscarlet: Screwing over established characters for impostors is hardly anything new. And with sheep like you gobbling it up at every turn, it's not likely to go away.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.