Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Ok how much longer do we have to wait for Thor SON of Odin to return

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

One of my favorite characters and wow are they milking this jane thing.

Enchantress is awesome why not her and Thor somebody with a vast history to draw on?

Added to that Sif and the group that are a part of Myth.

When will we get back to Thor again and not this pc stunt?

Does anybody have any info?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'tis a mystery as far as I'm concerned... :S

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2+ years

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

He'll probably be back when Thor: Ragnarok rolls around.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Overmonitor

People seem to like Jane. In like 10 years we will have forgotten this happened. Sometimes characters need a shake-up man.

Also, you guys are rabid about this. Its like wrestling fans and their favorite wrestler. Marvel is playing you fools. Once Ragnarok is released theyll drop a new Worthy Thor title as a huge reveal and his book will blow up for a while.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as Aaron is here,there will be no Thor Odinson.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think all of marvel is in chaos at the moment. Will it ever return to normal with mutants being heroes again.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd estimate until people start realizing its a PR stunt with terrible continuity and characterization....but that'll never happen because most readers already don't understand Thor nor his previous stories or are just bandwagoning the MCU hype. I'll say when the next god awful movie roles around Jane will die, and people like me will expect her to die horribly. Odin needs to rip her apart molecule by molecule, in a slow hilarious fashion, then send her soul to Shuma Goraths realm for all of eternity. That'll be a swift retribution.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By soduh2

They will probably exist simultaneously at first with Thor Odinson wielding Ultimate Thor's hammer and Jarnbjorn. Thor will occupy the niche of Beta Ray Bill at first (intergalactic Thor), until Fos-Thor's "heroic death" (or succumbing to cancer). The status quo will be re-established without answering any questions about how the situation started in the first place.

edit: Maybe this new universe will somehow merge Odinson and Ultimate Thor...

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

where is thor :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Thor 3 comes out. November 2017. In other words, far too long. Jason Aaron needs to go.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freaking rabids the minute Thor gets the hammer your all gonna cry about something else.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that many people care actually lol

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should return Mjolnir to Thor, give Jane her own hammer, call herself Lady Thor and have them team up to fight threats across the 9 realms as partners.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: Nah. He should melt that tainted traitorous hammer and focus his power through Jarnbjorn so that no enchantment is ever needed again. Further, she needs to die. A horrible and painful death to satisfy the anger she's caused us.......because THOR doesn't need any stinking help. And if he did, that's what BETA RAY BILL is there for.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: Im afraid I must disagree with that. See I don't mind a woman being able to lift the Hammer and I do like that Jane is getting a stronger role, than just Thor's Mortal Love Interest.

What upsets me is the way she was written. Her entire comic seems to revolve around pandering to Feminism. I'm an aspiring writer and I have already come up with a better way for Her and Thor to exist together and a better development for Her as a character.

Believe me I ran my idea by some real die hard Thor fans and they said my idea was better than what Marvel did.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: nor do I. Sif, Amora, Valkyrie, ANYONE except Jane Foster. I HATE HER. She's valueless as a love interest. She's valueless as a character. That's why she's been gone for so long and no one even batted an eye. I want her dead. Period. There are too many great female characters being wasted in the time that is being given to this sickly nobody. I mean, they gave her cancer to give her some sort of an angle for the Thundergod's sake! Whatever. Just get rid of her ASAP!

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they were getting rid of her, thats why she has cancer. But due to the Thor movie, her popularity must has grown so they divided to keep her around. I could probably think of a dozen ways they could have done that, but it looks like they desided to go with the Female taking a Male heroes role. Seriously, Kate Bishop/Hawkeye, X-23/Wolverine, Kitty Pryde/Star Lord. Can anybody come up with Strong Original female characters anymore? Or has Marvel just decided to give up being creative and just take the lazy route?

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: EXACTLY! And it's an even more sexist thing to place them in a males shadow! They should be able to establish their own mantles, y'know? But they've backed themselves into a wall now because now I want to know who the next "Elektra" will be. Or the next "sersi" since they are all titles now by Marvels own definition. And they can't back out of the name/title thing because we have to hold them to it. They're not gonna have their cake and the eat it too! No sir! I expect to see a male "Elektra" take up her mantle soon for equality's sake............

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: Don't think it works like that. The whole PC pandering is about taking well established, Straight-White-Males, and replacing and changing them for nothing else than pandering to sell comics and gain attention.

All we can do is wait and hope that a new generation of writers will come along and restore these well known characters the the way they should be. I know I may get a lot of hate for this, but I'm hoping for another "One Day More" situation.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So did we get an explanation on why thor became unworthy

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No story good or bad last forever just wish the main character of Thor would return to his own book. Not to hard to do I see his point in writing this however horrible it is. I said from the start it was Jane wow big surprise that was no surprise. Then they started to milk this whole thing and people just want that to be over with. Just what is he trying to do anyway. Does this story even have a point or is he just winging it/

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

I didn't even know Thor had fans until this freakin' change happened.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.