Odinforce or No Odinforce

#1 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a number of people have asked and commented on what they think. If he still has the Odiforce or not. Here is a quote from Breevort

Quote:

Thor’s resurrection and godlike powers will make it difficult for the Skrulls to come up with an exact impostor of the Thunder God. “We saw a Super-Skrull with Thor-based powers in ‘New Avengers: Illuminati’ #5, but that Super-Skrull would have been based on the traditional Thor,” Brevoort explained. “Given that the current Thor still maintains some connection to the Odin-Power, it's doubtful that the Skrulls can duplicate that power level through purely scientific means. That said; all they really need to do is create a doppelganger who can display enough power so as to convince others that he's the real thing, and we've seen them do that at least once so far.”

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thor ends up being a skurll I am going to be so pissed. Could explain Loki being a woman now though.

#3 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

That quote there leads us to believe that Thor still at least has a portion of the Odinforce, which could be the reason he was able to recreate Asgard from nothing.

The Thor we have in the comics atm won't be a skrull.

Loki being a woman I look at it like this. They could be useing that for a couple reasons.

1) Thor is more likely to trust him as a woman, and less likely to openly hurt him in a female form with his honor and all.

2) This could be a set up for Loki to give birth to his children. Giveing us the Midgard Serpant back and Fenris the wolf back.

#4 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should still have his odin power and should be the real thor the way he kicked ironmans ass was thor liked but they fact he knew ironman made a clone would put doubt in your mind but the fact he rebuilt asgard with magic would show their is no skrull that will be able to do that anytime soon.

#5 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I don't see a Skrull being able to duplicate that kind of Power.

Thor haveing the Odinforce could also exsplain the reason why he is able to free/unlock the asgardians trapped in thier mortal shells.

#6 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to boil that entire quote down to these few words,

"current Thor still maintains some connection to the Odin-Power"

Some connection - so that seems to imply not a full connection, so Thor may not be able to perform the full scale activities that Odin (and he himself) could perform before.

#7 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah thats what I get from it. Still leaves it too vague to figure what all he gets extra, or doesnt have.

#8 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Yeah thats what I get from it. Still leaves it too vague to figure what all he gets extra, or doesnt have."

Looks like we will be playing the waiting game to see what else they reveal, rather than giving us the whole story now.

#9 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the old We are going to tell you something trick, but really not answer any questions.

#10 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"It's the old We are going to tell you something trick, but really not answer any questions."

Well, whatever it is? i'm very well looking forward to it! I havn't seen Thor written this smart and good for a long time! Give me more, keep it comming! Although, I could always do with a little more action! i'm only assuming JMS is building towards some monumental throw down!

#11 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I'm enjoying the story so far. It does seem as if JMS is building a base for something big though, so I can't wait to see whats in store.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.