Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Not finding out who New Thor is until May.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skaldadottir

May Solicits just came out... and apparently we're not getting the new Thor's identity until May with Thor #8. Do you think they've dragged it out too long? Do you think this is evidence it's not Roz, since with everyone guessing it is it'd have made more sense to reveal it early? How is the new Thor going to head into Secret Wars?

No Caption Provided

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaldadottir: This is only more evidence of a Pr stunt comic book writing, i don't know why you would say that is not Roz anymore, just because Marvel is milking the cow forever...

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Jason Aaron has obviously been changing his writing to react to fans, as evidenced by the Crusher vs. Thor fight and Thor thinking it might be Freya (which was a popular theory). I think it would be really foolish to drag it out this long when he knows the majority of fans are convinced it is Roz. Dragging it out for eight months when people have been (mostly) convinced of it being Roz since issue 2 would be extra foolish.

I think he's pulling a bait and switch on us. He wants us to think it's Roz so the reveal is more shocking.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaldadottir: Ok i Agree, but it's Jane or Roz and since the hammer influence her behavior the final result is very close.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By goonage

For Jason Aaron's sake, I really hope this plot doesn't burn out by May.

EDIT: You have to give Marvel some credit though, I think this and what Fury told Thor are the only spoilers they haven't released half a year before they actually happened.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said it before and I'll say it again, its Jane Foster.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PR stunt or not it IS a gimmick to boost sales, but still no substitute for mediocre writing. If, as most people suspect, myself included, replacement Thor turns out to be Roz it would seem to indicate Aaron created her specifically to "steal Thor's thunder" so to speak, since he's repeatedly stated this was planned from the very beginning.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By skaldadottir

@goonage: I am wondering when they are going to get around to the whisper... it's like they've already forgotten it, though I'm sure they haven't.

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I'm hoping you are right. It would get me more on board for this story than Roz would.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It's only three issues from now. How is that being dragged out? xD

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@skaldadottir: I also think that it's actually Jane since:

A. Jane is a well-known Thor character who's been around for a long time and is popular character, not to mention that she already was Thor in the past (AU but still). Contrast with Roz, who is new, less popular and turning her into Thor would make her Aaron's official "Creator's Pet".

B. Unless I missed something Jane still has cancer, right? And she has mostly been absent from Thor books. Making her Thor cures her cancer and makes her relevant again.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I think the most hilarious and interest grabbing thing Jason Aaron could do right now is reveal it's neither Roz nor Jane in Issue #6. That'd throw everyone into such a giant tizzy.

@Teerack: Because by then the question of who she is would have been asked for over eight months. I mean, when was the first time we hear about the new Thor?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

It's Mjolnir

Everything else is a red herring

Mjolnir has become sapient and has adopted the form of a woman

That's why it won't listen to Odin anymore, and how the inscription changed

Screencap this post

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By skaldadottir

@saren: LOL there is a whole thread for discussion of that, though I doubt it'll be the case. even though I made that thread and think it'd be kind of cool. Who wants to ship Thor/Mjolnir with me I mean

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaldadottir: Hearing about it is irrelevant. The first four issues was just her introduction.

Every story shouldn't be rushed and shitty just because people on the internet want to know something. You've been reading comics a while? This is the kind of thing that should really only bother people not used to reading an ongoing monthly book.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I think the most hilarious and interest grabbing thing Jason Aaron could do right now is reveal it's neither Roz nor Jane in Issue #6. That'd throw everyone into such a giant tizzy.

She has to carry the open arcs, what other human could do that? And now i give no credit to Aaron but he said more than one time that was between Sif, Freyja, Roz or Jane, since the writing is so bad, i just hope he never go with Sif because Sif would never accept call herself Thor, she is Sif not Thor.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Where has he said this, out of curiosity? That definitely leaves it only to Roz and Jane, then, after Sif was marked off the list in #5.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I'm okay getting jerked around with a 'what will happen' or 'who is this' if the story is good (see, for example, that it took over two years after Journey Into Mystery #645 for Loki to reveal he killed Kid Loki to Thor and the fallout to begin). So far, however, the whole Thor mystery hasn't been good story telling, in my opinion. If the options were more open, it would have been, but from the start it's been pretty obvious that the new Thor is human, and thus either Roz or Jane. I was a lot more excited to read along when it could have been anybody. Now it's like okay, get on with it, especially since neither one has a good reason to be keeping her identity from Thor.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I had seen that, and technically he is just saying it 'includes but could be other people as well.' Though you are probably right in that those were the only options he is going to take seriously.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack

@skaldadottir: How do you know they don't have a good reason if you don't know who they are? lol

If they are human they could have the same reasons Spider-Man does for hiding her identity.

You're pretending like knowing who Thor is is important for the stories they have been telling. The whole one introduction story arch they managed to get through.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I think you are misinterpreting what I'm saying, so I'm just going to let this one go.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Her in her head dialogue betrays her as human, Sif and Freyja wouldn't give a flying fig about feminism or know what it is.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As to her reveal, money is on that is the count down till her end, no real reason for anyone to continue to call her thor once they find out, and efore you say, "its a title", no it isn't. It is a name. Thunder God is a title. Characters will continue to call Thor his name, because that is his name. Does anyone seeing X men or Fantastic Four calling him Odinson?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Asgaard

@skaldadottir said:

@asgaard: I had seen that, and technically he is just saying it 'includes but could be other people as well.' Though you are probably right in that those were the only options he is going to take seriously.

This is the all list that he was talking about, take you own conclusions after the first 5 issues and TGOT and don't forget the Kiss...

It's Jane or Roz...For me It's ROZ

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is nearly impossible to care about female thor without knowing who she is. I definitely think that is dragging it on way too long. She has no personality as it is. Odin, Odinson, and Culp are infinitely more interesting, which is not a good thing for female thor. The only reason she hides her identity is because Aaron needs something for Odinson to do in the meantime. Terrible storytelling going on with female thor.

In terms of mjolnir being female thor, i'd hate that very much. Sorry but mjolnir is just an enchanted hammer, Odin did not give it life or sentience. The hammer being able to do whatever it wants ruins the point of being worthy, and makes no sense. I really hope Jason Aaron doesn't write some crap like that. He mentioned wanting to write a Mjolnir comic and almost making it like a character but I hope he doesn't actually do it.

What's even more sad is the amount of time Jason Aaron plans on dragging the female story out. We aren't even finding out her identity until issue 8. Along with dealing with Cul and whatever else Odin sends at female thor, she is going to be around a long time. I do not look forward to seeing female thor every month, in place of Odinson. I want to see Odin go down there himself and tear her apart, but hopefully since the final destroyer battle is happening in the same issue as her identity is being revealed the destroyer actually beats her and that's why she has to reveal it. At this rate, odinson won't get his hammer back until Thor 3 comes out, which is actually probably their plan.

So we have a female Thor running around, not contributing anything to the plot except to give odinson something to do, Odinson moping around, Freyja supporting female Thor behind Odin's back, the possibility of Mjolnir being a sentient or otherwise screwed with, overriding Odin, and no direction for the plot. We need to see Malekith more as well.

And to think that we could be reading Old King Thor fighting Mangog right now, or some other epic stuff like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.