New Images & Plot Details Revealed for 'Thor: The Dark World'

Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio

Last Friday Disney released a teaser poster for Thor: The Dark World and mentioned a new trailer will be released on Tuesday exclusively on iTunes Movie Trailers. Rather than make us wait until then, they have released a couple new images via USA Today this morning along with some plot details.

The poster did list Natalie Portman right after Chris Hemsworth so we can imagine Jane Foster will have a significant role. In one of the images released, it appears she actually makes a trip to Asgard.

In the article, there is mention of Thor visiting Midgard to help his friends in The Avengers but didn't take the time to call Jane (of course there was mention of moving her some place safe when the craziness started). While she may not be too happy with him, it turns out her life is in danger and Thor has to bring her to Asgard to keep her safe.

The action in the movie will also see moments of doubt as well as a love triangle with Jaimie Alexander returning to the role of Sif. But of course the real trouble will be from the Dark Elf Malekith, played by Christopher Eccleston. If that was bad enough, Thor is going to have to seek help from his incarcerated half-brother Loki.

We'll have to see what the trailer has to show tomorrow. Thor: The Dark World opens in theaters on November 8, 2013.

Staff
#1 Edited by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds Fun!

#2 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8014 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks Awesome! I'm really looking forward to the movie.

I can hardy wait for the first trailer either.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (24480 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, why the heck is Jane Foster back?? She was the worst part of the first movie, her and Thor's forced romance took up too much time.

#4 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it completely wrong that I may be more excited for this than Iron Man 3?

It is isn't it....

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

HAMMER TIME!!!!

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: why? because she has to hit him with her car a few more times. then she will die and never come back.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (24480 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: why? because she has to hit him with her car a few more times. then she will die and never come back.

Aye, Verily.

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting a little Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi feel off Thor in that first picture.

Still. I hope this is good. Now that they don't have to worry about depowering Thor, it'll be nice to see him bashing heads throughout the movie.

#9 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for this movie. I think, apart from Avengers, Thor was my favorite Phase One Marvel movie...

@jonsmith said:

That's probably because Natalie Portman (aka. Padme) is in the picture.

#10 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

That's probably because Natalie Portman (aka. Padme) is in the picture.

Actually it's more the hair and cloak, now that I look at it. Though Padme doesn't hurt it either.

#11 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3839 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#12 Posted by longbowhunter (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read Walt Simonson's stories featuring Malekith and was a big fan of Eccelston as the Doctor. Pretty excited for this sequel.

#13 Edited by Mark_Rojas_ (14 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor is going to be in this!?

Cannot wait

#14 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

WIG ALERT

And I'm not talking about Thor.

#15 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be pretty awesome, though I'm more excited about the post-credit scene (whatever it may be) to be honest.

#16 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (368 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the Marvel movie this year, I am most excited about! Still miles behind Man Of Steel, though.

#17 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5439 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the trailer to drop. Might be a tad more up for this than IM3.

#18 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Jane's character - she was strong without being over-the-top. And hopefully it's revealed that she has some training as a nurse or something to keep her inline with the comic version.

#20 Edited by sho3s22 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, surprisingly, was my favorite of the marvel-movie-verse, so I am extremely excited for the next installment!

#21 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe the trailer is coming out so soon

#22 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!!! I'd love to see a closer relationship between Jane and Thor! And I'd like to see a lot of actions from Thor (I felt like I didn't get enough of good actions from him in the first movie).

#23 Edited by millennium (208 posts) - - Show Bio

love triangle? in the first movie and in the avengers it was pretty one side with the thor and jane love with sif being firmly put into the friends zone so i dont see how they can do a love triangle unless they make sif like the jealous friend who wants to be more than friends

#24 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the warriors three (and Sif) play a bigger role in this. I also hope we get very little of Midgard unless they're going to show us more than the desert and a one-street town.

#25 Posted by Mucklefluga (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Natalie Portman is hooooottttttt. Gotta see the film just for her ! ;D

#26 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh make the mortal wench go away, NEEDS MORE SIF!

#27 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

Natalie Portman's back? And a love triangle between Thor, Jane and Sif? Hellz yeah! Eccleston is going to kill it as Malekith hopefully. This news I like it!

#28 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

When I heard about Thor movie back in 2011, I was very skeptical at that time... how will Thor and those Asgardian looked Live Action on the big screen...But after the 1st movie, I am sold.

But more excited about Winter Soldier though...

#29 Posted by SynCig (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very excited about this one. Iron Man 3 should be a lot of fun but what I love about both Thor and Captain America is the ability for them to incorporate other genres. Out of the Marvel movies coming out in this Phase I am most excited for Winter Soldier.

#30 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

i was really hoping for the enchantress

#31 Posted by Arthurized (17 posts) - - Show Bio

This kind of film doesn't need some useless romance

#32 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, I don't want a love triangle between Thor, Jane, and Sif. I liked the idea that Sif is just one of Thor buddies and has no romantic stuff with him. I also think Natalie Portman is neat as Jane, at least this is one of her better acting roles. She doesn't have to play someone who liked Hayden Christianson anymore, and Chris Hemsworth is a definite step up! Yeow!

Also, I want to see pics of Christopher Eccleston and Tom Hiddleston!!

#33 Posted by SlickyMike88 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Urghh, I don't care about Jane Foster goddammit or any love triangle . He's larger then life and she's so .....nothing compare to him :P

#34 Posted by Inverno (13230 posts) - - Show Bio

So when they are going to tell something we don't already know?

#35 Edited by movieartman (1230 posts) - - Show Bio

no son.... kat dennings is freaking hot (errr, sexy seems more appropriate)

#36 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Kneel before Thor!

#37 Posted by fps_dean (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was definitely one of Marvel's best movies, and since seeing the first movie I was completely hoping for Walt Simonson's Thor brought to the big screen... I mean how awesome would that be?

#38 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so excited for this, but I want to see the new superman movie more.

#39 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@movieartman said:

@mucklefluga said:

no son.... kat dennings is freaking hot (errr, sexy seems more appropriate)

just cause she's one of the rare actress's that has a noticable chest does not make her hot, every time she opens her mouth on 2 broke girls i wanna swallow a broken lightbulb, and she was even worse in thor

but in terms of her versus portman...yeah its a no brainer >Insert retro cartoon wolf call here<

#40 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL why is everyone nagging about Thor & Sif? Didn't Thor date Sif in the comics. BTW why the hell would he go to Loki to hell him after he beat Loki for the throne; ruined his life; & stopped his schemes twice.

#41 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. This is going to be my number 1 movie of the year. I can't wait.

Thor was definitely my favorite Phase 1 Marvel film, I'm sure it will be the same with phase 2..

#42 Posted by rouder (55 posts) - - Show Bio

First Look Thor 2 on E! News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gv7ZHZhWAaE

#43 Posted by Shadowmyst (46 posts) - - Show Bio

just please bring Balder in the movie

#44 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3167 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe the trailer is coming out so soon

Its about 7 months. Good time to get people pumped. The 1st Iron Man 3 trailer was released about 7 months before the movie. Amazing Spider-man teaser was released a little bit less than a year before the movie hit.

#45 Posted by fartvader (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say Chris Hemsworth really looks like Thor.

Im so excited! :D

#46 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely looking forward to this! :)

#47 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww..hoping for some scantily clad Kat D. scenes..lol

#48 Posted by jalvarez022 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor is going to be in this!?

Cannot wait

THIS

#49 Posted by herrweis (433 posts) - - Show Bio

So...no Enchantress again huh.

#50 Posted by HaveAtThee (527 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more interested in what role Algrim/Kurse will play. Thor's going to have his hands full with both he and Malekith.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.