Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

New Hammer?

• 68 results
    Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Is it just me or does Thors #4 seem like a set up for Thor to receive Ultimate Thor's hammer?

*Spoilers*

Ultimate Thor's hammer was hurled all the way to Asgard, the real Asgard from 616.

Will Thor pick it up, and wield it?

I can see them doing this as a way to keep both Thors in one universe in a sense.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I don't want this to happen, as I don't like Ultimate Thor's hammer, it's probable to happen. It would be cooler if he just got an all new design for his hammer though, much cooler.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still ain't gonna read :P

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give him his hammer back! then Jane can have Ult thors hammer!

Also is this the tech hammer? or the real mjolnir?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give him his hammer back! then Jane can have Ult thors hammer!

Also is this the tech hammer? or the real mjolnir?

Yeah, have to agree, if they're giving Ultimate Thor's hammer away it should go to Jane, not Thor since he's already wielded Thorr's version of Mjolnir. Otherwise the next thing you know he'll be wielding every cast off Mjolnir from here to the far side of the multiverse.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could have like a utility belt with hammers for all occasions

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I would be pleased if Thor Odinson wields Ultimate Thor's hammer but I'm still not going to read this Tumblr fan fic fantasy of a gimmick for a comic series.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I would be pleased if Thor Odinson wields Ultimate Thor's hammer but I'm still not going to read this Tumblr fan fic fantasy of a gimmick for a comic series.

Perhaps some people may think that you are being sarcastic or making a joke or that your sentence has humor purpose, but unfortunately what you said is just accurate, there are not many other ways to describe Aaron's current writing!

About this thread i have 0% of positive expectations about Aaron's future writing, (and don't care much about it) but was not expecting that he also could erase his own continuity on Asgard, because as we saw in TgoT and Loki AA future events, Thor is wielding his Mjolnir Again! No seeds or references to this possible scenario (wielding Ultimate Thor's hammer), but we are speaking of Jason Aaron the Whisper dude, that also doesn't have seeds anywhere... So anything can happen because the current Thor comic should be called, Thor what fits better the pr pandering!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I was trying to meet all those criteria, glad I seem to have done so. That's exactly how I see this current status quo for and whilst Marvel, Aaron and all the defenders will throw the sales numbers, positive reviews and reciprocal word of mouth out, the legitimate worries and issues raised will be overlooked and ignored in favour of what Marvel want to think rather than what anyone else thinks about She Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Asgaard

@lvenger said:

@asgaard: I was trying to meet all those criteria, glad I seem to have done so. That's exactly how I see this current status quo for and whilst Marvel, Aaron and all the defenders will throw the sales numbers, positive reviews and reciprocal word of mouth out, the legitimate worries and issues raised will be overlooked and ignored in favour of what Marvel want to think rather than what anyone else thinks about She Thor.

No Caption Provided

Lol, but isn't that all connected? I want to just ignore everything about Thordis but is complicated when reviewers instead of review the panels/storytelling/execution or any other element from the comic story (that we know is really bad), bring up sales? This is like you say... Look here is Jurassic World 2 trailer, but careful with the opinions because the first movie made $1.6B! So you better like it... But Jurassic World was meh (imo), that numbers are supported in the nostalgia from the awesomeness of the original Jurassic Park that is better in every aspect when compared with Jurassic World! Shouldn't we also acknowledge how huge Thordis Pr was with main stream attention, and that the sales of that comic were supported with the "who is she plot" with the revelation issue selling a lot more than the previous, and the fact that some SJW buy it for ideology and don't really care about anything else? Sorry marvel and biased supporters i don't like it, because it's the worse writing on Thor since the 90's...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would prefer Thor with no hammer before he picked up some high tech crap peace of junk. That makes no sense and is a insult to fans.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: THANK YOU!!!! Give that defective crap to the equally defective woman who's posing as an Asgardian. It's funny how they call her a "goddess" because even with the hammer, she's still not a goddess. She's a recepticle holding a facsimile of Thor's true power. Without the hammer she's a cancer ridden family dumper. Without the hammer, Thor is still Son of Odin and THE GOD OF THUNDER! BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah. She Thor SUCKS.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: yes I avoid the book like the cancer she says she has. Just that bad of a concept.

Then to insult people and call her the Thunder goddess if she was not born a god she is not one.

No hammer can give her that birth name.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: THANK YOU!!!! Give that defective crap to the equally defective woman who's posing as an Asgardian. It's funny how they call her a "goddess" because even with the hammer, she's still not a goddess. She's a recepticle holding a facsimile of Thor's true power. Without the hammer she's a cancer ridden family dumper. Without the hammer, Thor is still Son of Odin and THE GOD OF THUNDER! BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

Do you think they shoulda called her Thunderstrike? Im against everything about this PR Stunt in general but i felt that woulda been at cool thing to call her

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan said:

Do you think they shoulda called her Thunderstrike? Im against everything about this PR Stunt in general but i felt that woulda been at cool thing to call her

They should call her History and be done with it. Bring back Thor and never hear of Jane again. If they call her anything it should be simply Jane of passing thunder. Meaning she whom held the hammer for a bit.

they milked this way to long.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cream_God: Honestly my friend? I don't think she should even exist! Sif/Valkyrie/Tarene could've been put in his place. They'd have his power but would be themselves acting as he would but their own person not guided by a weapon. I'm amazed that we're labeled "mysoginists" but the fact that the woman is a puppet for the "sentient" (ugh!) hammer gets a pass just because she looks like a toothpick little kid version of Thor on a really bad day!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just thought maybe this is leading up to Marvel bringing Ultimate Thor over to the 616 Universe and writing the real Thor out of existence, which would be yet another huge middle finger to long time fans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

He could have like a utility belt with hammers for all occasions

lol picturing this makes me laugh

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think marvel is giving up they are messing up the spiderman movies left and right by not sticking with the same actor and then they go and destroy the ff not them but fox but hey lets face facts Fantastic Four has marvel all over it and they should go to court every time they make lame movies making Marvel look horrible.

The xmen have become villain , Thor is a women and what next I swear Cap a cross dresser I mean are they even trying anymore.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@98115: his new name will MC Hammer JR.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just thought maybe this is leading up to Marvel bringing Ultimate Thor over to the 616 Universe and writing the real Thor out of existence, which would be yet another huge middle finger to long time fans.

That could be happening, but it's probably a slim chance. In The Mighty Thor #1 Frigga asks Jane where is Thor, and it's said that the Warriors 3 have searched the galaxy, and couldn't find him (I don't know how that makes sense, but you get the idea), however I think that hints that he is still going to come back. Why else would they mention him you know?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RabumAlal

Ha, another bitchy Thor thread. Haven't seen those in a while, always makes my day.

(Not the OP's fault, the thread started legit)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By antithetical

@heirtothekingdom said:
    @antithetical said:

That could be happening, but it's probably a slim chance. In The Mighty Thor #1 Frigga asks Jane where is Thor, and it's said that the Warriors 3 have searched the galaxy, and couldn't find him (I don't know how that makes sense, but you get the idea), however I think that hints that he is still going to come back. Why else would they mention him you know?

Certainly hope Ultimate Thor stays out of the 616, but those panels are suspiciously reminiscent of the set up for Thor's return under JMS.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, another bitchy Thor thread. Haven't seen those in a while, always makes my day.

another troll who shovels marvels fecal matter into his mouth and calls it delicious

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, another b---- Thor thread. Haven't seen those in a while, always makes my day.

Lol... Every post is as "legit" as yours, if i were you i wouldn't explore that angle with flat/linear posts, the problem in this demonetization tentative of Thor fans, is that you do it without any content, and that also happens in all the treads that you speak, you and who identifies with what you said need to dismantle some arguments to actually gain some credit, but the question is, can you do it? Or just will keep exploring the fan boy angle that is actually the norm in all the site? And just say i like Aaron creative decisions on Thor because.... i like it!

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: @killraven4334: meh.

I have no intention of joining the debate on whether Foster Thor is good or bad. I simply pointed out how every Thor thread turns into a whinefest for those that don't like the new direction. (pretty sure most of them haven't read it) It gets funny after a point.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no intention of joining the debate on whether Foster Thor is good or bad. I simply pointed out how every Thor thread turns into a whinefest for those that don't like the new direction. (pretty sure most of them haven't read it) It gets funny after a point.

So instead of adding to the debate you just mock it?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal said:

Seriously, if all you're doing is agitating other members for your personal entertainment why don't you put your "incomparable skills" to better use and troll all the dbz related topics in General Discussion or something...

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funniest thing about all of this is that the "likers" keep insisting that we haven't read enough of the story! As if reading Hammerette would make it any better! To all The "Likers": We've read enough of it.........It SUCKS! She sucks! The alleged set up sucks! Get it?! Jeez man!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: Yep, I read the entirety of the first run, and having just returned to reading comics after a good 20+ year hiatus went into it with an open mind thinking it could be an interesting concept and found it instead to be a complete disappointment.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal said:

Hardly conducive to attempt to make caricatures of Thor fans who are dissatisfied with the current state of Thor under Marvel's grand business plan or whatever they think they're doing.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a good compromise would be haveing Thor 616 still be worthy because of what happend with the byonders and wield Ult Mjolnir and leaving Jane with the main hammer until she loses it.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Overmonitor

@heirtothekingdom: why would he be worthy to pick up Ultimate Mjolnir but not worthy for 616 Mjolnir? Am I missing something? Is 616 Mjolnir robotic or something?

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought one version of Mjolnir in the Ultimate Universe was derived from Stark tech.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: before dying Thor became worthy again if I recall. I have no idea why he became worthy, but him becoming unworthy in the first place was idiotic and badly done so I think it evens out.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 01100110

I would object rather harshly to using ultimate Thor's hammer as a cheap ploy to keep the fake in play longer. She needs to die and be forgotten and Thor must have that stupid hammer back then beat the crap out of it, melt it and reforge it into something that does not make crappy decision for the plot's sake. Actually that's a use for ultimate Mjolnir fuse them together and double your powers.

Another good idea would be using it to kick the fake's ass but that would never happen (also it might make him unworthy again via Aaron sacred harmor of plot).

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Overmonitor

@01100110: That shows he is still unworthy after everything, even selflessly sacrificing his life against the Beyonders here. Hes laughing at how ridiculous it is too. That scan is from New Avengers 31 by Hickman right before Thor and Hyperion were killed. He never picked up Mjolnir still : (

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: look closer at the image, that's Thorr's hammer you need to be unworthy to wield it, that's why he was laughing.

I highly doubt him being willing to sacrifice himself was the catalyst of the change as that particualr aspect of his personality never changed

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Overmonitor

@01100110: hm? What was the catalyst then and why is he still unworthy post Secret Wars?

Maybe he was not worthy, or unworthy. Purgatory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 01100110

@overmonitor: I don't think he appeared yet in post Secret Wars, quite frankly I think they will keep him dead or in a limbo until Aaron has finished ruining everything in Asgard with his pandering.

You cannot have the real Thor return while fake-t is busy being the bestest thor evah and prove just how shitty she actually is. Once she dies and Odin has been written as a truly irredeemable monster based on the fact that he was born male, then he will return to explain to us how the fake was sooooooooo much better than he ever will be and we should totally like her.

I'm operating under the theory that

1) he is worthy since the last time we saw him he was worthy and is not taking his hammer back for whatever reason ( also during thors 4 he considered taking rune thor's hammer but decided not to even try, so I don't think he would try taking ultimate Mjolnir)

2) there was no real catalyst because Hickman believed the change to be stupid and erased it.

the second one is probably willfull delusion though.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be a set up for letting Jane have a hammer after Thor becomes worthy again but I hate Aaron gave Ultimate Mjolnir a worthy enchantment when it never had one before.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Overmonitor

@thorodinson24: Sounds like he is really trying to shake things up with the Thor mythos... at least people are talking about it now...?

Also funny how many people love Aaron's God of Thunder run and despise the rest of it. What happened to him?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By antithetical

@overmonitor: Actually I think most love the God Butcher and God Bomb arcs but feel there was a drop off in the writing for the remainder of the run, at least that's the general impression I get around here.

And as far as the issue of Thor being worthy again at the end of Hickman's Avengers run I think that it is strongly implied, otherwise why include it at all when it was pretty obvious Thor and Hyperion were going to lose against the Beyonders regardless? Just to take a jab at Thor fans, to say "look at that sap Thor Odinson, unworthy of his Mjolnir, too worthy for Thorr's"? I get your point of view and that could possibly the case, but Cap (Steve) is worthy and Mjolnir doesn't just fly into his hand when he's been in a desperate situation, nor has he attempted to take it for himself due to being worthy and the same could be occurring here, and too wasn't it stated the hammer "chose" Jane? The fact that there have been others worthy of Mjolnir while Thor wields it would indicate there's some sort of worthiness "hierarchy", which could be where Aaron gets this notion of a sentient Mjolnir, having a "preference" for a particular hand.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Yeah the reason I said that is because it doesn't look like he picks it up. He still uses Jarnbjorn and we don't see Thorr's Unworthy Mjolnir move either. I think he was laughing at the ridiculousness of being worthy but unworthy, like you said, Mjolnir just "chose" Jane over him, temporariliy I am sure.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: Most just enjoyed the god bomb but I actually liked all of God of Thunder and really interested in the war of the realms but I just don't like Jane Thor I mean finally we get a Thor that wasn't tied to a mortal host and then Aaron makes him unworthy and gives his name as a title to Jane and have her pick up Mjolnir. I am all for Marvel trying to make a Marvel WW powerhouse but not by giving Jane Foster Thor's name and hammer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.