Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Natalie Portman In Thor?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Natalie Portman may want to be in Thor.  Not as Thor, obviously.  There's a bunch of names being thrown about.  Nothing has been confirmed just yet as far as who will play Thor and whether or not Josh Hartnett will play LokiDeadline Hollywood Daily reported that Natalie Portman may be in the lead to play the female lead.

Let's think about that.  If she's up for a lead, there's really only two characters that could be.  Either Lady Sif or Jane Foster (nurse to Dr. Don Blake).  I believe Portman is only 5'3" so I'm not sure about the Lady Sif part. 

No Caption Provided
    I'm not really sure what to think.  I thought the movie would focus more on Asgard but that may not be the case.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.  What are your thoughts.
    Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Kurrent

I like Natalie but I don't know if she would work in Thor I would believe it more if she was Wasp in The Avengers movie

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SUNMAN
    Kurrent said:
    "I like Natalie but I don't know if she would work in Thor I would believe it more if she was Wasp in The Avengers movie
    "
    seconded
    Avatar image for sonofhercules95
    sonofhercules95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sonofhercules95

She actually looks like she could pull  off the Wasp

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
    Hmmm... Natalie Portman is a solid actress... she may could do it
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Natalie is one of the most beautiful actresses out there that can actually act....now she just needs to be cast in the right part.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

I just don't see Sif.  If she is 5'3" and they're going for a 6'something" Thor, that's a bit of a difference.  Jane Foster could work but I don't know.  Almost seems a waste.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LubeMan
    Kurrent said:
    "I like Natalie but I don't know if she would work in Thor I would believe it more if she was Wasp in The Avengers movie
    "

Totally agreed! Don't see her working as anybody in a Thor movie!  Maybe as Thor's maid/sidedish/concubine :-)
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Scourge
    G-Man said:
    "I just don't see Sif.  If she is 5'3" and they're going for a 6'something" Thor, that's a bit of a difference.  Jane Foster could work but I don't know.  Almost seems a waste.
    "
    Agree. She doesnt have the height. But if it wasn't for the height, I'm sure she'd do a pretty good job.
    danisgod6491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danisgod6491

Who cares about height? All i care about is if they can act and I'm pretty sure that she can pull off Lady Sif. I hope Alexander Skarsgard gets the part of Thor, Ever since i seen him in Generation Kill, i thought this guy is perfect for Thor. Then i found out he was from Sweden, and that was the icing on the cake.

danisgod6491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danisgod6491

i just hope harnett doesn't get loki

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
    G-Man said:
    "I just don't see Sif.  If she is 5'3" and they're going for a 6'something" Thor, that's a bit of a difference.  Jane Foster could work but I don't know.  Almost seems a waste.
    "

With all the special effects today I'm quite positive they can make her look 6 something xP But who knows. I like Natalie, I'd just wait to see.
    Avatar image for the_guardian_knight_
    The Guardian-Knight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurrent said:
    "
    I like that Idea, she would be a great Wasp!
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Decept-O

In Thor, I don't see her for any role.  The idea for Wasp is a very good one.  Good call.  Harnett as Loki?  Pure rumor mill postulating by his agent I'd venture.  I def. do NOT see him for that role at all. 

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Media_Master

Shes in Star wars in my mind always

Baraborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Baraborn

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Psyentist
    @Lunacyde said:
    " Natalie is one of the most beautiful actresses out there that can actually act....now she just needs to be cast in the right part. "
    I agree!! :D
    The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Psyentist

And wait, Natalie Portman is 5'3''?! That's just a bit strange. People say I remind them of her, and 5'3'' would mean we're the same height...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator
    I really like Natalie Portman, I was discussing her the other day with another poster who also admire hers, she's a great actress, and Oscar award winner now, her values education and being proactive and she can make fun of herself. Its great, I am glad she is going to be in Thor! I am glad its as Jane though, but I am not sure the Sif actress is that tall either? Still, oh and presumably Nat is a fan of Thor? So woo. 

Oops not needlessly bumping this either, for a moment I actually though CV might have actor pages and was looking for Natalie Portman's page but then realized CV must not as it falls to Wired or whatever. I found this thread though in search! *smile* 

@The Psyentist said: 

" And wait, Natalie Portman is 5'3''?! That's just a bit strange. People say I remind them of her, and 5'3'' would mean we're the same height... "

Actually I am pretty sure that means that your shorter than Natalie Portman sorry, =( 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.