Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

My Review of Thor, The Dark World (Spoiler free**)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

So, I confess to being a bit nervous before seeing this earlier today. The predictably poor reviews in the UK press didn't bother me too much, but having seen Iron Man 3 and been mildly disappointed and Man of Steel, which I enjoyed, but was flawed, I wondered if Thor 2 would be another that failed to reach the heights that Avengers Assemble reached. Well I needn't have worried, because in my opinion Thor TDW is a great Marvel Film. In many ways a far more enjoyable sequel than Iron Man 2. In the press there has been some criticism that Loki has been sidelined, well don't worry he plays his part and has some great one liners. Here at last we see Thor unleashed with some great fight scenes. He takes his beatings too, which means he does not appear as invulnerable as perhaps Superman did towards the end of MOS (yes, Thor bleeds, Superman didn't) and I'm not sure they have still fully shown the full power of Thor, but he is certainly impressive enough. More importantly, this film follows the recent Marvel tradition (DC take note) of having some great comic moments, moments where the whole audience were laughing out loud. This really is where Marvel scores over the oh too serious DC films of recent times. It doesn't take itself too seriously, which is right, because comics are fantasy, they are fiction and they should be fun! However, there are moments of real sadness too. that's all I am going to say as I want those who haven't seen the film to enjoy it without any spoilers from me. Anyway, as someone who is fairly new to Thor and perhaps is not burdened with any anorak expectations of what Thor should be and what Asgard should be, I really quite enjoyed it. I think it will do very well at the Box office and I hope we get a third Thor film in due course....

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

good news to hear.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.