Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

My only problem with Thor having the power of Thorr

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So if you remember all the back in new avenger issue 27 Thor now uses the unworthy version of Mjolnir and he got a new badass costume. Basically his thor 2 movie costume but with out the Cape. All this I'm fine with, him getting a hammer and new costume sure that's all awesome the problem is also with the costume. When he got a new costume his left robot arm got a major upgrade and looks awesome what did he get on his right arm, a gauntlet like from thor 2 that would match his costume ? No it was coloured in gray. That's all just block gray and in top of that the art in the whole issue was horrible, like rob liefiled bad. So if anyone from marvel is reading this the new costume is awesome but che he the design of the right arm I mean it's just block gray give him a gauntlet that matches the rest of the costume...and get a new artist while your at it. If I was a comic character and I knew that I got a badass new costume but my arm was a boring coulor like gary I would pull a deadpool and break the fourth wall so hard that marvel would have to have eight reboots just to get me to shut up about haveing my arm COULRED BLOCK GRAY.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything that has happened to the character since the end of 'God of Thunder' has sucked hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing good has happened to thor recently except him beating Apocalypse. Maybe he will kick Lady Thor's butt though in Thor #4

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

I put the odds of that happening at probably 25,000 to 1. They're not going to invent or "retcon" a new character into a relaunched title only to have her lose to Thor four issues in. This is the classic case of Thor taking a beating to showcase how cool and awesome the new character is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I hope not. She doesn't have to beat thor to look good. It doesn't make sense for her to win. She is an amateur and barely knows how to use the power. Thor has been doing this for thousands of years. I'd be very disappointed if a pissed off Thor loses to her. Some random lady who just picked up Mjolnir shouldn't be able to beat thor.

They should have her put up a good fight but lose, then they team up to beat malekith or minotaur.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By z3ro180

Why can't you two just trust that aaron knows what he is doing ? Your acting like the last 3 issues of the new comic have sucked, they haven't they have been pretty f**king awesome.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Why can't you two just trust that aaron knows what he is doing ? Your acting like the last 3 issues of the new comic have sucked, they haven't they have been pretty fucking awesome.

Yeah, unworthy Odin was soooo awesome. Great writting, 10/10, would read again.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spambot

@z3ro180: Even the best writers can do stuff that fans of them don't like or think they know what they are doing and have the readers hate it. Art in that respect is always subjective just as some of the best movie directors can still put out terrible movies sometimes. Some may like it while others hate it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfus: I bet when thor gets the hammer back your one of bottom feeders that crys he should have been unworthy for more than he was.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@wolfus: I bet when thor gets the hammer back your one of bottom feeders that crys he should have been unworthy for more than he was.

I actually wanted to see unworthy thor. A great chance to see that he is the god of thunder, and not the god of mjolnir. A chance to show not only his strength, but his power. I'm not complaining about bad writting. Unworthy odin, thor losing his arm like a fodder, thor basically powerless. And the worst: Thor being a side character in his own book. That's what bothers me. If they are going to destroy him without mjolnir, then I'd rather see him back. But I'm not hating on Aaron. Maybe now that thor lost his arm, syncing with old king thor, maybe he'll have some good showings in the battle with she-thor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Everything that has happened to the character since the end of 'God of Thunder' has sucked hard.

QFT.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HaveAtThee

@z3ro180 said:

Why can't you two just trust that aaron knows what he is doing ? Your acting like the last 3 issues of the new comic have sucked, they haven't they have been pretty fu**king awesome.

I don't trust any writer. I've clearly stated my thoughts about this new concept since its inception ad nauseum so I wont get into it. I've just chosen not to read this whole story. In fact, much of Marvel in the last year has been a hot mess of continuity gaffes.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't care about the outfit the outfit was kool. what makes me mad is that has been downgraded since his come back after fear itself. his left arm the way he lose it, the way he lost his worthiness common that is what make him Thor. I though he would then get another power up and be stronger than Thor worthy and be capable of doing all that worthy thor does but without the need of his hammer.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: what has he done to earn any trust other than destroy and humiliate the one and only Thor? And please don't mention his craptastic Jurgens remake with Gorr. At the end of the day it is no longer relevant thanks to the stupidity he has brought about now with Hammerette.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#15 god_spawn  Moderator

So what if Thor throws his new Mjolnir and someone else catches it. Wouldn't that automatically give most people, since most are unworthy of the real Mjolnir, Thorr's powers and Thor would lose his powered up form?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By arthurkerr

Maybe you have to be unworthy in a way that is still worthy but not worthy of the first and unworthy enough yet to be worthy of the second.

1. worthy in love but unworthy in say baking a cake.

2. on a scale of worthy 1-20 Thor loves many women but he likes to do battle more and so we do not see him do much with women but only likes to play with hammers. Thus his hammer taken from him so he has more time for true love. Seen in this book and a women takes thus hammer away and says no time until you become worthy again and she coughs and puckers up her lips.

3. The so said unworthy hammer cannot be picked up by a normal person because they in most cases could not understand the importance of court and the Norse Law written and rewritten by Loki through the years you have to have the book.

4. If you have so said book of worthy people for the hammer you notice they are only worthy for a few years or some even moments and the moment passes. WW , Storm , that odd moment peewee hermen picked it up to find his bike. All things took place so something good could come of it. See the passage that says to be worthy or not worthy or even somewhat worthy you have to have a reason. no being worthy or not worthy without a good plot.

5. Most important or not important depending on the hammer you may use because I am sure some place out in the great beyond is a hammer that says you have to be not only not worthy and worthy but you have to be somewhat bored and blind and also have a lisp. Upset villains all over the universe look on this new Thor like figure whom they cannot understand as he or she sprouts poetry that ends badly they cannot understand and they find the hammer better have a mind of its own because the owner is blind and cannot hit anything other then Odin whom the hammer always wants to fly back to because well.... Thor is blind.

23. only because well I said to much. A hammer that comes from the future always updates and some say is like windows filled with bugs. Always changes sides in the battle , sings allot and raises the bad guy every time he or she dies. Some say the worst hammer of all but I am sure somebody likes it and thats why I have it here.

Regardless of your worthy or unworthy stance I am sure you will find a hammer in your inbox and go out and save the day until somebody takes your name and your powers and beats you with your own hammer.

Have a not so nice or maybe nice or hell grumpy kind of day because...well what else do you expect on such a long post? Are you sure your worthy hmmmmm ? or are you blind and bored ?

Oh well with a endless possible outcomes of worlds to think on I am sure what ever you are , whom ever you are , or what ever you are....a hammer exist that you can pick up.

Hammer time?

Next up what kind of Nail can Mjolnir hammer in and do you have to be worthy to do so....

Why is Thor not worthy to put the nail in the wood....

Story by Arthur R. Kerr

Thanks for reading.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Nothing good has happened to thor recently except him beating Apocalypse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.