#54 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
  • God Of Thunder
  • Son Of Asgard
  • For Asgard

#55 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17376 posts) - - Show Bio

God Of Thunder.

#56 Edited by cuteo408 (4 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Edited by saoakden (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

What issues did the King Thor Saga happen? It sounds really interesting.

#58 Edited by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly recommend "The Eternal Saga."

It's epic scope and incredible climax are worthy of Thor. This is the story arc that made Thor an all-time favorite of mine.

#59 Posted by adamjh95 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

is the jms a good starting point for someone new to thor?

#60 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor the God of thunder.

#61 Posted by JuliusTakalua (268 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read a bit on Thor too. Liked half of what I'v read. Thor GOT is the best by far. Then comes the violent Thor run of Blood Rein. After that I'll say Thor when he got Odin Force and rebuilt Asgard.

Other than that, I've zero clue. I love Thor but it's so hard to read which comics...

It'd be nice if ppl recommended any good Thor stories. I know his history quite well but what are some great runs? I've heard Simmon's run was great. what else?

#62 Edited by JuliusTakalua (268 posts) - - Show Bio

It's epic scope and incredible climax are worthy of Thor. This is the story arc that made Thor an all-time favorite of mine.

better than Thor GoT? Cus that one blew me away. I also liked the one where Thor became alive again after CivilWar then rebuilt Asgard and all its gods

#63 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

better than Thor GoT? Cus that one blew me away. I also liked the one where Thor became alive again after CivilWar then rebuilt Asgard and all its gods

Better than GoT? That's a matter of opinion. I read the one I recommended as a ten-year old kid and have been hooked on Thor ever since.

#64 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

god of Thunder #2, its a good read. THOR acts like a douche.

#65 Edited by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

god of Thunder #2, its a good read. THOR acts like a douche.

#66 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1978 posts) - - Show Bio

Top 5 recommendations

Walter Simonsons Run (5 trades)

Dan Jurgens Thor (10 trades)

J. Michael Stracynzki Thor (3 trades)

Thor: Ages of Thunder

Essential Thor volumes 1-7

#67 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently had a fun debate with someone at a local comic shop about which Thor run was greater between Jurgens and JMS. I have the JMS Omnibus and most of the Jurgens run (still completing it). I just re-read the first 12 issues of the Jurgens run, and it was some of the most fun I've had in years. I remembered the Jurgens run fondly, and I wanted to see if it aged well or not. Holy crap does it ever. Sorry, but since Uncle Walt's legendary run, the next greatest Thor story is easily Dan Jurgens' take. Sure, Coipel and Djurdevic made better art than JRJR, but Romita's bombastic style fit perfectly for Jurgens' story. I highly recommend the run to those who haven't read it. Putting it next to JMS' is almost unfair, because JMS' run never really concluded and is a much different style of story. Though they both deal with Thor returning from apparent death and having to figure out what happened to the rest of the Asgardians. Watching how Jurgens weaved his story those first 12 issues was a real treat. Thor was juggling having to figure out what happened to Asgard and his family, his return to Earth alongside his Avenger teammates, having to live the life of a fallen paramedic, nearly dying and being a captive of Hela, and orchestrating a war to rescue Asgard and the Asgardians (including Odin) from the really powerful Dark Gods. Oh yea and he also teams up with Namor, Spider-Man and Hercules (a bunch) as well. The pace is blistering and the action dramatic. I also remembered how well Jurgens' threw in elements like how humans had become cynical about superheroes, especially Thor since he called himself a god. Considering how decompressed stories are these days, those first 12 issues in Jurgens' run contain about 30 issues worth of plot and action by today's standards.

Oh, and Thor fans, for those of us who have been forced to read through some of the dark ages of Thor between the Bendis and Fraction stuff, Jurgens' Thor is an absolute BEAST when it comes to battling and being a warrior. God blasts, anti-force blasts, energy absorption, weaving through dimensions at will and overall strength, durability and cunning.

#68 Posted by teabag (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Just in case you are interested (having watched Thor and Thor 2) in my Thor 3 screenplay (spec script), you can read it at

http://subtle-screenplays.blogspot.de/2014/06/thor-3-spec-script.html

and tell me what you think! :)

#69 Posted by ponello (55 posts) - - Show Bio

J. Micheal Straczynskis 3 volumes are the best

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.