Marvel Heroes "Thor" Trailer

#1 Posted by G-Man (33964 posts) - - Show Bio

Players looking to suit up as their favorite super heroes in Marvel Heroes before the official launch can register now for this weekend’s Open Beta, which begins Friday, May 10 at 5:00 PM PT until Monday May 13 at 10:00 AM PT. Anyone who registers at www.MarvelHeroes.com can play for free this weekend. For the last time during the upcoming Marvel Heroes Open Beta weekend, the starting playable heroes will be changed to Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Black Widow, allowing people to play as any of their favorite Avengers.

Staff
#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

sure it's free. but then what's with the premium pack?

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Could we get this on consoles is my big question.

#4 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio

sure it's free. but then what's with the premium pack?

You can find the characters and costumes as random loot drops in-game, or you can just pay to unlock them

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@primedirective: i want to believe that and it would be super cool if it was true. but i doubt it.

#6 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a glorified X-Men Legends / Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. They should have just copied DC Universe Online and made improvements. Instead, we get a million Spider-Men running around. Lame. I'll stick w/ DCUO for sure.

#7 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

This is a glorified X-Men Legends / Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. They should have just copied DC Universe Online and made improvements. Instead, we get a million Spider-Men running around. Lame. I'll stick w/ DCUO for sure.

basically

#8 Posted by vincethekid (69 posts) - - Show Bio

This game sucks! The AI is poo poo. Save your money for Deadpool!!!!

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

poor marvel. They just cant get their games right

#10 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Marvel vs. Capcom is pretty great...but that's more of a credit to Capcom and the Street Fighter combat engine than Marvel. I've been playing DCUO since launch, as well as Injustice (tho launch was 2 weeks ago so not exactly a huge amount of time), and I must say these games are amazingly fun and addicting. Not to mention the Arkham games, which are two of the best games released in the last decade. All-in-all, I think DC does a MUCH better job w/ their video games than Marvel, even tho I think Marvel has a lot more room to work with, given how many more popular characters they have than DC.

#11 Posted by w0nd (3393 posts) - - Show Bio

I read an article that said "for those of you worried about 1000 spider-men and wolverines running around don't worry" Did they ever announce how they prevented this

#12 Edited by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

i said it ewhen i first heard about this game and ill say it again. they should have duplicated DC online so that you can play along side heroes, not play as them. i cant wait to play with 7 Spidermans, 5 Thors and a dozen Hulks!

#13 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@primedirective: i want to believe that and it would be super cool if it was true. but i doubt it.

Don't doubt it, and it is super cool, because it is true... I'm in the beta, so I know what I'm talking about.

#14 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure does look nice! I might try it sometime.

#15 Posted by cuteo408 (4 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by HaveAtThee (527 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who can't get the video to work?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.