Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Loki movie please

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anybody else want to see the Anti hero exploring crazy soul Loki have his own movie. Maybe stand in for Dr. Strange for a bit?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By antithetical

Not sure I'd want that or not, or if it were actually possible within the MCU at present, maybe it could happen somewhere down the line after Infinity War but I kind of have a hard time even imagining Loki as the lead. That's not to say I don't think Hiddleson couldn't manage it but rather how to actually maneuver Loki into that role?

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think Thor 3 may be last we see of Loki. Thanos's servant promised retribution if Loki failed in acquiring Earth and its infinity stone, than and he lost the scepter having another stone in. I'd say it is time Thanos comes and pays the god of mischief a ... whats the word? A Beating.

I kind of predict at the end of Thor 3, Loki is gonna make a run for it and run into Thanos who will kill Loki just as Thor arrives. I think Loki has told his story at that point. There is no chance for redemption not after all the people he's killed. It would just seem like pandering. "Look he is not all bad."

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thor 3 may be last we see of Loki. Thanos's servant promised retribution if Loki failed in acquiring Earth and its infinity stone, than and he lost the scepter having another stone in. I'd say it is time Thanos comes and pays the god of mischief a ... whats the word? A Beating.

I kind of predict at the end of Thor 3, Loki is gonna make a run for it and run into Thanos who will kill Loki just as Thor arrives. I think Loki has told his story at that point. There is no chance for redemption not after all the people he's killed. It would just seem like pandering. "Look he is not all bad."

I think Loki and magic would kick Thanos servants back to what ever world they came from and then some. You give magic little credit. That or the writers but if that is the case then the move will not be worth watching and I would not want a movie about a Loki so weak. Who wants that , I want a Loki whom could teach Dr. Strange a thing or two. A Loki that knows how to cook when using powers of the magical kind and I want a Loki that uses his mind just as much as his sword. Odin taught Loki how to survive he favored Loki over Thor if you know myth and he loved Thor allot so this says something. Thanos Servant would be the one on the bad end of the coin toss if he went against Loki written as he should be.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: I meant Thanos himself comes to snap Loki's neck and as Odin seems to be the only guy in Asgard in comics who can go toe to toe with Thanos I really don't think Loki or his "magic" would save him.

Plus in the movie verse Thor is really not magic based anymore, its a mix between science and power. Magic is being reserved for Doctor Strange. Loki is weak. He is able to give Thor a 1 on 1 fight only cause Thor holds back if Thor wanted him dead, dead he would be.

Strange is on a completely different level to Loki. The Sorcerer Supreme has little to learn from a common trickster. Loki knows magic, Strange is magic.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: I meant Thanos himself comes to snap Loki's neck and as Odin seems to be the only guy in Asgard in comics who can go toe to toe with Thanos I really don't think Loki or his "magic" would save him.

Plus in the movie verse Thor is really not magic based anymore, its a mix between science and power. Magic is being reserved for Doctor Strange. Loki is weak. He is able to give Thor a 1 on 1 fight only cause Thor holds back if Thor wanted him dead, dead he would be.

Strange is on a completely different level to Loki. The Sorcerer Supreme has little to learn from a common trickster. Loki knows magic, Strange is magic.

I will agree to disagree with you Loki has lived life times more then Strange and is a god. Strange maybe be supreme on earth but that is all. Marvel is horrible when it comes to writing magic and has no clue on how it functions or works they need to open a book from time to time. It would help the Dragon lance saga rules is very good start you have a great mage there to look at. Even better is the apprentice saga with Pug. Magic can alter time space , change the universe and so much more. To say Loki is a common trickster is funny. But like I said Agree to not agree...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

iunno...about that

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By antithetical

@arthurkerr said:
    @titanbreaker said:

I will agree to disagree with you Loki has lived life times more then Strange and is a god. Strange maybe be supreme on earth but that is all. Marvel is horrible when it comes to writing magic and has no clue on how it functions or works they need to open a book from time to time. It would help the Dragon lance saga rules is very good start you have a great mage there to look at. Even better is the apprentice saga with Pug. Magic can alter time space , change the universe and so much more. To say Loki is a common trickster is funny. But like I said Agree to not agree...

I'd say MCU Loki is a "trickster", or at least presented as being little more than one, but still quite crafty, intelligent and ambitious. In the comics it's been quite different and he's very adept at sorcery and magic, definitely on the level of Strange. Problem would be, as I said, maneuvering him to that position in the movie world and not having the average moviegoer go "wtf was that?".

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Loki has lived a long time yes but he has never shown any real impressive magic feats compared to Strange who has bent time and space. As far as I know Loki has never come close to that level of power, Loki is a trickster he mostly uses his magic in self deference or misdirection he is not a blast you to death with energy type of magic user.

Magic is inconsistent yes, the same book where Strange does time and space manipulation he cant fix a bullet hole. But at the end of the day Strange's top showing leave Loki in the dust.

To get back on point with the original idea a Loki solo movie would mostly involve Loki trying to gain a new type of power, something that could let him beat Thor or dethrone Odin. At the end of Thor 2 Loki has done that, he has no need to go on a solo adventure, the only place that movie could fit would be at the end of Thor but before the Avengers and explain how he met Thanos. Also Anti-hero Loki? Really not what the movies are setting him up to be, he is a villain who will either die in Thor 3 or get sent to a place which he can never return. I doubt we shall see him again as his character arc is almost done.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would the movie even be about?

I like him better as a brainy villain

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By THORSON

can you really do a solo Loki movie without THOR?

I mean its like wanting to do a Alfred Pennyworth movie and not including Bruce or a Aqualad movie and not including Aquaman.

I'm all open if it could be done, but thinking about it wouldn't it just be a THOR & Loki movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would watch it but I don't know of you can make a Loki movie without Thor or other asgardians. Pretty much all of his plots are to screw with them.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jayc1324 said:

I would watch it but I don't know of you can make a Loki movie without Thor or other asgardians. Pretty much all of his plots are to screw with them.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By arthurkerr

Hey do I have to write it to lol........I am going to start demanding pay...

9 realms , and yes you would use Thor and the rest I mean what would life be life without Odin or Thor or Sif or Amora.

Thor teams up with Loki to take on threats to the 9 realm maybe a new group of gods that are trying to take over.

Loki fights his own nature but prevails in the end.

Thor has his own problems both with earth and the other realms.

you can toss in any other number of villains , heroes , lost souls on journeys but hey I am winging it here.

What would you do with all of the powers of a true magical power house?

Go anyplace do anything and pretty much just have fun.

With all the talk you could also give us a Netflix show.

Loki banished to earth to learn and grow.

That would be nice to once and a while to see Thor drop in and all the other cast members.

He would even be looked after by Odin himself as a excuse to get out of Asgard lol...and do not say Odin does not travel because he has a form called The Traveler....

So yeah epic tales to be told...

Look who the cat dragged into visit Loki and his tower.....

Hidden in the park some place in NY would be awesome to watch.

I would partner him and Dr. Strange up in the same house would be the new odd couple.

Wow how cool would that be?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't want it. Loki is best used bouncing off the hero of whatever story he's in. I like him as the semi neutral villain manipulating the heroes. He shouldn't be a solo character.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By arthurkerr

@william300 said:

I wouldn't want it. Loki is best used bouncing off the hero of whatever story he's in. I like him as the semi neutral villain manipulating the heroes. He shouldn't be a solo character.

but he could be and he could be a very good one. So just do not read it or watch it some things I do not like I do not read or watch with that said I still let others enjoy what they do like...

If everybody got there way no superman would exist for so many haters are around , no batman , no hulk , no Silver Surfer no Fantastic four or Spiderman just a plane comic book with bugs bunny and not the funny wise cracker we all know and love. No the simple plane black and white bugs bunny and no carrots because well you just cannot harm a carrot can we?

So lets try to challenge the marvel universe not keep it stale, I mean Loki in myth was not evil he was not very good but he was not evil. He helped Thor he helped them all.

Lets get back to that Loki shall we.

plus he can still be a solo character just have friends and encounter people and places and go on adventures.

Dr. Strange is not all to known for being to people friendly himself.

So they make the perfect team.

They both do not like other people.

Odd how that works...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As was said, you really couldn't do a Loki movie without Thor and the other denizens of Asgard. Would it have to be Asgard-centric though? I don't think so and the idea of a Netflix series does kind of make me think in that format it could work and probably would be something I might want to see after all.

Tsukumo_Yuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Tsukumo_Yuma

Loki has gone to several dimentions and world, plus he has had his own comic series more then once.

He isn't weak, but he isn't the strongest, in terms of power and magic, but he does have wit and smarts.

[Bad example I'm about to use] Batman or Nightwing, yeah I know they are DC, they aren't the strongest DC characters, they have no powers, no lasers or guns anymore, however they have and use their brains to figure out how overcome any situation, that's one of the many likeable things about their characters, and that is their weapon.

As for a villain for him in a movie, you can make it a anti heroish story, it would be wise to have thor in it, but as a support character, not as a major character. The villain, coul be a Thor villain, could even be someone of Asgard, they could do something most comics do and bring back dead characters like Loki's birth father, and make him the villain, the list goes on.

Another thing that can be done, something closer to agent of asgard, he is starting fresh *sort of*, then the major villain is...

Dun dun dun!!! Himself

Its possible to make a loki movie, the writers just have to know what they are doing.

If they do make one, I will so be going to see it.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Namasthetu

There is already potential setup for this. At present Loki has Asgard's resources at his disposal. This gives writers the opportunity to let him delve more into the vast array of knowledge stored there. He even has some access tovthe dar elf tech left from the assault. His desire to protect himself from Thanos combined with the reality of ruling Asgard may cause some major character changes as well. He will never be a good guy, but he doesn't ever need to be. Perhaps he will join in the infinity war to save his own neck. In this regard he may display some genuine courage. There's places to go with him well beyond the jocular and somewhat bumbling bad guy he was in the Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.