Logic

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24695 posts) - - Show Bio

First let me make it perfectly clear that I'm content with Thor's current power level and am by no means suggesting that he should be made more powerful than he is. That being said, logically he should actually be vastly more powerful than he is due to simple genetics. His father Odin was already a Skyfather at the time of Thor's birth and Thor's mother is Gaea who is an Elder Goddess so if we were being 100% logical (in a world where people like Thor actually exist) He should be atleast the equal of the Silver Surfer if not better.  

Just to reiterate, I do not believe that thor is this powerful nor do I want him to be, this is totally hypothetical so please don't freak out I'm just stating a thought  

#2 Posted by GTG12 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah now that you said that he should be far stronger than Odin due to what you said.
#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24695 posts) - - Show Bio
@GTG12: Well I believe the Elder gods are above skyfathers so the boost actually comes more from his mother than Odin, especially while he's on Earth since his mother is pretty much the living essence of the planet  
#4 Posted by GTG12 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he should probably be far stronger.
#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24695 posts) - - Show Bio
@GTG12: For the sake of interesting stories I completely understand why he's not but if I wasn't a Thor fan and was looking at it from a purely logical perspective then yes he should be damn near unstoppable 
#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34957 posts) - - Show Bio

But isnt this just like saying the son of a martial artist and a body builder should be a better fighter than them both? 

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24695 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87: Well thats different Martial arts and body building aren't part of your DNA like the powers of Odin and Gaea are and I'm not saying he should be more powerful than his mother because quite frankly Odin's DNA would probably be holding him back from elder god level power
#8 Posted by The Stegman (25975 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  

i agree completely, sometimes it's just ridiculous how they make thor weak on some occassions, and strong on others, it's kind of the same with Superman actually
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24695 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Don't get me wrong I don't want Thor to become unstoppable or anything but you're right he should have more consistency in his powers 
#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6706 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: you know i think u r right
#11 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
First let me make it perfectly clear that I'm content with Thor's current power level and am by no means suggesting that he should be made more powerful than he is. That being said, logically he should actually be vastly more powerful than he is due to simple genetics. His father Odin was already a Skyfather at the time of Thor's birth and Thor's mother is Gaea who is an Elder Goddess so if we were being 100% logical (in a world where people like Thor actually exist) He should be atleast the equal of the Silver Surfer if not better.   Just to reiterate, I do not believe that thor is this powerful nor do I want him to be, this is totally hypothetical so please don't freak out I'm just stating a thought  

Odin Already said Thor would be More Powerful then Him if he ever reached his full potential and Mastered his Vast Latent Mystical Abilities.
#12 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, Thor should be more powerful than he is currently depicted. Certainly more powerful than the Silver Surfer.

#13 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

Yup, Thor should be more powerful than he is currently depicted. Certainly more powerful than the Silver Surfer.

And more powerful than Hercules too :P
#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@PowerHerc said:

Thor, because of his elemental powers and hammer, has always been more powerful than Hercules, despite Hercules being stronger. :P

#15 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@PowerHerc said:

Thor, because of his elemental powers and hammer, has always been more powerful than Hercules, despite Hercules being stronger. :P

........ I'll get you next time, Herc! :P
#16 Edited by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@PowerHerc said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@PowerHerc said:

........ I'll get you next time, Herc! :P

I look forward to it, Golden One. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.