Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Kat Dennings role in Thor pinned down?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

UPDATE: According to Variety,  Kat Dennings roll is revealed.

Kat Dennings ("Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist") has joined the cast of "Thor," the Marvel Studios production that begins production in January.

Dennings will play Darcy, who works with Natalie Portman's Jane Foster character.

No Caption Provided

Ben Mortimer, over at HUG, reported today some interesting news that could help pin down who Kat Dennings will be playing in the upcoming Thor movie, information CV passed along yesterday after Natalie Portman let the news slip out. Ben connected the info to a casting call released by Spoilertv last month, that stated:

[MARCY LEWIS]

(20) Is a college student. Aloof, jaded beyond her years, she thought her internship with scientist Kate Spelling would be an easy 6 college credits. However, she's been stuck for months in this small New Mexico town and relegated to a wide range of unglamorous activities. Kate has been particularly hard on Marcy, making it her personal project to see that Marcy lives up to her potential. Marcy deals with her situation both by using subtle irony and by being an overt wiseass.

Many of you may be thinking "Why post that one part? She could be playing someone else." As Ben reported, which I completely agree with, the last sentence of the casting call description nails it down. 

Marcy deals with her situation both by using subtle irony and by being an overt wiseass.

Sound familiar? Maybe like her part in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, or 40 Year Old Virgin? Now, again, this is all speculation. I said yesterday that my picks were for Hela or Enchantress, but from the sounds of this Marcy character's description, it looks like it's right up Kat's alley.
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Zombie

I would Agree this is most likely this Marcy character because of what Natalie portman mentioned. When natalie portman said "im excited to work with my good friend Kat" I instantly thought, so Natalie's character will be in a scene with hela or enchantress? But this would make more sence to what she said, becuase they will be working more closly and more often together on set.

So whos Enchantress then? Is Hela even in it? I remeber a rumor stating that Diora Baird was close to getting the role of enchantress but i really hope not. Just because i think Diora baird would make the best carol denvers/Ms. Marvel ha ha ha.  

I' am getting more and more excited for this film, especially now that I read all the new Thor books, which brings me to another question, is Chris hemsworth playing both THOR and Blake? because the two look very different from each other in the books.

Cheers all, have a good one

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sora_thekey
    @inferiorego said:
    "

Many of you may be thinking "Why post that one part? She could be playing someone else."  "

Yep that's exactly what I'm thinking... 
    I guess the part is right for her... I just think that it would be better to have her play someone that actually appears in the comic books... instead of casting for character that might only have like 2 or 3 minutes of screen time!
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Namor1987
    @Kid_Zombie said:
    "I would Agree this is most likely this Marcy character because of what Natalie portman mentioned. When natalie portman said "im excited to work with my good friend Kat" I instantly thought, so Natalie's character will be in a scene with hela or enchantress? But this would make more sence to what she said, becuase they will be working more closly and more often together on set.  So whos Enchantress then? Is Hela even in it? I remeber a rumor stating that Diora Baird was close to getting the role of enchantress but i really hope not. Just because i think Diora baird would make the best carol denvers/Ms. Marvel ha ha ha.    I' am getting more and more excited for this film, especially now that I read all the new Thor books, which brings me to another question, is Chris hemsworth playing both THOR and Blake? because the two look very different from each other in the books. Cheers all, have a good one "

If they wanted to people for Blake & Thor all they have to do is have lightning bolt strike through special FX & switch actors so my guess is yes
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Moomin123

I wonder who she could play...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danhimself

there sure does seem to be a lot of characters in this movie 

I was under the impression that the movie was going to take place entirely in Asgard but with Jane Foster and whoever Kat Dennings is going to play it seems more like it will take place on Earth and Asgard 

seems like a lot of ground to cover in a 2 hour movie

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AngelFrost

I love Kat Dennings!!!!

theevilhotdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By theevilhotdog

who is playing surtur?
    Avatar image for thesavageassasin
    TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

But how does this fit into the movie?

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Adam Michaels

There is something I'm confused about. I read on Wikipedia that Kevin Feige (Marvel Studios producer) stated that the film will be based on both Earth and Asgard, but that Dr. Donald Blake will not be included.  

That confuses me for one reason. If there are no plans for Dr. Blake to be a character in the film, what could they do with Jane Foster (Portman's character)?
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @TheSavageAssasin said:
    "But how does this fit into the movie? "

This fits into the movie because Kat Dennings has been cast for the film. At least I think that what you're asking is why we're talking about Kat Dennings and the Thor film?
    Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Do the links in the article work for anyone?

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Namor1987
    @theevilhotdog said:
    "who is playing surtur? "

It could be that 1 male bald actor with the secret role
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Namor1987

Kat Dennings sure is extremely beautiful, nice hair & good assets but can she act because I hate comedic dramas so i wouldnt know what shes capable of on-screen

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By drawme

I don´t know her...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

UPDATE: Read the top of the article to see who she is playing!

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By grimreaper1980

then again, maybee kat dennings would make a better scarlett witch, my apologies ms. johansen

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know its old but i neither hate or love this character, i just don't even notice her.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@thorson: She's the plucky best friend there to make the movie not completely humorless, that's her only purpose. Seriously, her ONLY purpose.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By PowerHerc

Kat's presence made not one iota of difference in the first movie and won't in the sequel, either.

Kat is hotter than hell, though.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kat's presence made not one iota of difference in the first movie and won't in the sequel, either.

Kat is hotter than hell, though.

her nudes are great .................... thats all im going to say

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.