Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8585 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Jason Aaron new Thor comic

• 52 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Mighty Thor is returning with its creative team of Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman still onboard. Moss said that the series would explore Jane Foster as a character and her struggles with fitting into the role of Thor. She’ll also have to deal with a brewing Asgardian civil war."

Still early but it sounds like there will be a rebellion against Odin and that Thor Odinson won't be featured. Guess Thor is still dead.

Thank you Jason Aaron. That's 4 dollars I get to save every month now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Source: http://nerdist.com/marvel-comics-all-new-all-different-series-comic-con/

I personally would not mind seeing Odin absolutely destroy every person who tried to rebel but a rebellion against your All-Father makes no sense. I predict this ends with the All-Mother back in power.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel and Aaron seem dead set on absolutely destroying every last vestige of the classic Thor mythos, and to what end? Permanently driving away long time fans and readers just makes such obvious business sense...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

"Mighty Thor is returning with its creative team of Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman still onboard. Moss said that the series would explore Jane Foster as a character and her struggles with fitting into the role of Thor. She’ll also have to deal with a brewing Asgardian civil war."

Still early but it sounds like there will be a rebellion against Odin and that Thor Odinson won't be featured. Guess Thor is still dead.

Thank you Jason Aaron. That's 4 dollars I get to save every month now.

lol and people will ACTUALLY spend money and time on this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Oh dear, if this is a civil war between Asgardians split between supporting Odin and Freya, I predict some BS feminist propaganda being a central theme of this storyline. I'd hoped that the Thor creative teams could at least allow Odin and Freya to rule jointly, you know, like proper gender equality. Making the men look bad and incompetent in a Thor comic that has a great portion of the fanbase annoyed and only reading for what Thor Odinson is up to is not how you write entertaining and respectful Thor comics. I really can't see why comic fans and reviewers are calling Thordis a success when its sales are plummeting harder than Aaron's GOT and the fanbase is split down the middle, if not teetering on one side.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor out of Aaron's current writing would be awesome news... But unfortunately that will not happen, Thor will come back after Secret Wars to support Thordis phenomenal stories like when Titania quit on crime because she was female...

Fortunately doesn't matter what Aaron/Brevoort/Alonso and the Tumblr want, comics are nothing compared with $B franchises, before the Ragnarok movie Thor will be written with his core elements and the Asgardian Civil War will suck because currently Aaron doesn't know how to write about GODS, but that war will end with Thor as King and All Father of Asgard connecting with Old King Thor Arcs from TGOT and preparing the comics to follow the Ragnarok movie developments because Thor will certainly be King in the Infinity War, i just hope that Aaron doesn't continue to write this title after the Mcu Ragnarok, because doesn't matter what he will write, i will never read again any comic written by the Asgardian Gods butcher...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get that Odin is a jerk sometimes and is egotistical, but I honestly don't see why his people would want to rebel against him, and how this would even happen given Odin's insane power levels and the return of his Brother Cul. I sense a feminism storyline spearheaded by Frigga and Sif and Jane, which is really a disservice to their characters and their true potential.

Like I said, it is probably going to end with Frigga as ruler. And Thor Odinson likely isn't even getting any time in this story at all.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I get that Odin is a jerk sometimes and is egotistical, but I honestly don't see why his people would want to rebel against him, and how this would even happen given Odin's insane power levels and the return of his Brother Cul. I sense a feminism storyline spearheaded by Frigga and Sif and Jane, which is really a disservice to their characters and their true potential.

Like I said, it is probably going to end with Frigga as ruler. And Thor Odinson likely isn't even getting any time in this story at all.

Just be thankful if that's the case, because if real Thor is in this storyline you know Aaron will have him opposing his father and coming off like a loser who has to side with the girls in everything hoping he might get lucky.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah where's Thor Odinson's whereabouts in the All New Marvel Universe? Or is it basically going to be a landscape long term fans of Marvel will have trouble recognising in the name of diversity, progress and making comics for everyone?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is absolute garbage... and just another spit in the face to longterm fans.

@lvenger Seeing as Thor doesn't look like he will be appearing in his own series anymore, chances of this actually happening just spiked a little

No Caption Provided

I generally love you Marvel, but for now.... fuck you.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Well if it's any consolelation it looks like she might have the crap beaten out of her in maestros arena.

Although, I agree. What marvel is doing is nothing short of pathetic. They're doing the same thing with hulk and now it looks like miles is taking the front seat of the spider-mobile instead of Peter.

Because diversity.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

The new Hulk is not Thor, incredible how fans follow Brevoort/Alonso pretensions so easily, don't make Thor fans mistakes (i m included because i also gave 5 issues to Aaron's Pr stuff and consequent destruction of the Asgardian Gods core) just ignore the book it will end sooner...

One more time Thor was better dead and far away from Aaron's writing, but that will not happen he will be in the new Thor title after Secret Wars, Marvel Editorial is exploring the fact that he apparently died in that battle with the Beyonders and want to give more emphasis to the come back to try make his fans continue to follow Aaron's catastrophic writing, and by the fans posts Marvel will succeed with this strategy because the fans refuse to think outside of the box and acknowledge the fact that Thordis story ends faster if the son of Odin fans ignore it, the same applies to the new Hulk comic...

Recently Thor/Asgard comics/franchise grow with Loki AA and Angela AA, the new Hulk has to promote Hulk comics/franchise not Thor, it's that simple...

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Don't worry i didn't, in fact this was my first response when i found out about this more then a week ago

@theacidskull: It definitely isn't. They are trying to throw us off, they said they where gonna reveal it in the first issue so there is no way they are spoiling it now.

It could but as a separate story... i don't wanna see HulkThor going around 616-universe for no real reason other then f@ck Banner.

BESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyI am just saying there is a very small chance, though i am still 99% sure they are trying to throw us off.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron and Marvel obviously feel that Thor readers still have much to learn on the subjects of feminism and gender equality. They are on a mission to root out every last vestige of male centric thinking left in society. True social justice warriors who won't even allow plummeting sales to stand in the way of their grand crusade. They should be proud.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I know that was just Marvel being trolls and trying to play a joke on the fanbase but I would not put it past them to make Thor the new Hulk for the most asinine of reasons and PR. Granted, it's more than guaranteed to be Amadeus Cho what with Pak returning to the title years after leaving with the artist he created the character with and Marvel's new project of more diversity in comic books. But if they really do jump the shark and make Thor the new Hulk, they're gonna have one hell of a ****storm to deal with.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yea i am 99% sure it's still Amadeus and pretty much everyone else on the internet already knows this so i am thinking Marvel is just trying to throw us off and have us doubt it with this image, but it isn't working much. Still i am saying if it turns out to be Thor, with everything going on it wouldn't surprised me at this point... Let's not forget that Brevoort's statement

No Caption Provided

after all the PR bullshit they pulled i don't think they would care for people raging over Thor being Hulk, in fact they seem to welcome all the anger. I hope whoever Hulk turns out to be it doesn't last long and Banner get's back in the seat as quickly as possible.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Why he actually thought it would be a good idea to admit Marvel's shameless and blatant PR business tactics was a good idea is beyond me. Maybe Brevoort thinks it doesn't matter since Marvel is going sell well regardless, not a wise strategy in the long term IMO.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: you know I think your right, either way your probelly not going to read this new Thor I'm going to give it a try and hope Thor a Foster can...I can't finish that sentence.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: last time we Saw Thor Odinson was with Hyperion give a final attack against the byonders after the rest of the Mutiveseal Avengers where killed. We know Hyperion is alive because he is going to be in the new Squdren Supreme comic after secret wars. So it stands to reason that Thor might have survived aswell.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm at that "can't work up enough energy to care" stage.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Source: http://nerdist.com/marvel-comics-all-new-all-different-series-comic-con/

I personally would not mind seeing Odin absolutely destroy every person who tried to rebel but a rebellion against your All-Father makes no sense. I predict this ends with the All-Mother back in power.

@lvenger said:

Oh dear, if this is a civil war between Asgardians split between supporting Odin and Freya, I predict some BS feminist propaganda being a central theme of this storyline. I'd hoped that the Thor creative teams could at least allow Odin and Freya to rule jointly, you know, like proper gender equality. Making the men look bad and incompetent in a Thor comic that has a great portion of the fanbase annoyed and only reading for what Thor Odinson is up to is not how you write entertaining and respectful Thor comics. I really can't see why comic fans and reviewers are calling Thordis a success when its sales are plummeting harder than Aaron's GOT and the fanbase is split down the middle, if not teetering on one side.

@lvenger: Yea i am 99% sure it's still Amadeus and pretty much everyone else on the internet already knows this so i am thinking Marvel is just trying to throw us off and have us doubt it with this image, but it isn't working much. Still i am saying if it turns out to be Thor, with everything going on it wouldn't surprised me at this point... Let's not forget that Brevoort's statement

No Caption Provided

after all the PR bullshit they pulled i don't think they would care for people raging over Thor being Hulk, in fact they seem to welcome all the anger. I hope whoever Hulk turns out to be it doesn't last long and Banner get's back in the seat as quickly as possible.

I hate how Marvel is being taken over by feminism & Tom Brevoort is just annoying. A Civil War with Asgardians going against Odin doesn't make sense. NONE of them should even be able to speak to him without his permission. This whole PR stunt is just dumb & just has me ready to stop being books from Marvel as a whole, smh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I like the way you described Odin's power- "NONE of them should even be able to speak to him without his permission." This is so true. The thought of Asgardians trying to overthrow Odin is just insane. Not only is he one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but he has died for all of them multiple times and Asgardians have always been loyal to Odin. It really doesn't make any sense. Asgardians are gods, they shouldn't be having petty Civil Wars. Odin would never let that crap happen. Odin is their king and still possesses the Odinforce, he really can't be removed. But it seems that Jason Aaron is going to continue to push this idea that Odin is losing his power and is becoming weaker.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@uugieboogie: I like the way you described Odin's power- "NONE of them should even be able to speak to him without his permission." This is so true. The thought of Asgardians trying to overthrow Odin is just insane. Not only is he one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but he has died for all of them multiple times and Asgardians have always been loyal to Odin. It really doesn't make any sense. Asgardians are gods, they shouldn't be having petty Civil Wars. Odin would never let that crap happen. Odin is their king and still possesses the Odinforce, he really can't be removed. But it seems that Jason Aaron is going to continue to push this idea that Odin is losing his power and is becoming weaker.

Thats what I'm saying this Civil War nonsense. Just like what you said, Odin has died for them countless times & if they rebel against him thats just a smack in the face. With all the honor & warrior mentality aside, Odin is well over 100tons & a galaxy buster while base Asgardians are 20 ton female & 30 ton male... He should very well be able to damn near one shot them or just as easily send them away. There's nothing to justify a Civil War nor anything they can do it have it make sense to true fans who know the history of the Asgardians. But I have a feeling Freyja someone how is going to get the OF. I just have a feeling Aaron is going to pull that out his ass & have her beat Odin & take over. All this feminism taking over comics is really starting to bother me.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thong is for sure. I'm going to flip out. HARD. Harder than the previous one even.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thong is for sure. I'm going to flip out. HARD. Harder than the previous one even.

Obviously you are not the only one...

@uugieboogie:

We could say that the Aesir/Vanir War in Fraction's run was some kind of small Civil War that made Volstagg ruler of Asgardia for some moments, Odin was with Cul in the old Asgard in that period, Fraction run was poor but he still explore correctly some divisions/differences between Aesir and Vanir, i hate the concept of any Asgardian (Gods) Civil war outside of the Aesir/Vanir different identities and divisions, and currently Aaron doesn't even can differentiate the human from the Gods perspective, but i m predicting that Odin will die (don't know how, probably with a lot of P.I.S.) and Cul, Freyja, Angela, Balder and Tyr will fight for the throne with Jane/Thordis supporting the right feminist cause (Freyja and Angela) Aaron will probably write Thor very far away from Asgard until the last issues where i m pretty sure he will be the consensual King that will end the Civil War, preparing the comics to follow the Ragnarok movie developments because Thor will certainly be King in the Infinity War, i just hope Aaron will not continue to write Thor after the Ragnarok movie, how awesome would be to have a new writer and King Thor in comics and live action?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: The Civil War idea is just stupid on so many levels just like @uugieboogie: said it's not even funny. But Aaron is like Females FTW MANZ AR STOOPID. Never mind the fact that it completely destroys any SEMBLANCE of dignity(not that he alreafy has) Lee/Kirby, Simonson, Jurgens and Roy Thomas gave to Odin throughout almost 50 years of continuity. I just can't fathom the reason thay don't give Thor to Hickman. Everytime I take up a New Avengers comic I remember a time when Thor or any other character who fell for the sake of this god-forsaken PR stunt were written with at least some respect for the essence of them.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Asgaard

@spiderman1997:

I agree with you, i also said that "i hate the concept of any Asgardian (Gods) Civil war outside of the Aesir/Vanir different identities and divisions", and that is what Aaron will do, don't remember any panel where his writing mentions the words Aesir or Vanir, he even ignored Laussa, Odin's and Freyja's daughter that was conceived to end the Aesir and Vanir differences, but even if we dislike Aaron's current butchering we can't just ignore that Asgard was build with the Aesir/Vanir War... Pretty sure that i dislike Aaron as much as you do, personally i think K. Gillen deserves another chance with Thor title, his work in JIM and Angela AA, was really good...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spiderman1997

@asgaard: Oh, I know about the Aesir /Vanir war. I also wouldn't really mind a civil war netween them. Kieron Gillen also warapped up JMS' story pretty nicely as far as I remember. I also very enjoyed the Anglea book but I haven't read his JIM book.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Asgaard

@spiderman1997:

Great to know that you also enjoy Angela AA, unfortunately Gillen is out of that book and M. Bennett doesn't have yet enough knowledge to write about Asgard an their different beliefs and myths, after all this pr crap i m not planning to read marvel comics in the foreseeable future, read Gillen's JIM again is a great idea, i love how he continue the Disir story that he started in Thor and the plots around Leah (Hela) and Loki, real writing about Gods and their unknown mysteries...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: So Gillen is out of the book now ? Well, then I guess I'll be out too.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Because many comic book fans are morons. Sorry, it's the truth. Only in recent memory have I ever heard of "hate buying," or buying a title you're actually dissatisfied with. When an employee of a publishing company openly admits to embracing negative hostility from the fanbase, that tells me everything I need to know about what they actually think of them.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lvenger

@haveatthee: Well I don't count among them. Superman's my all time favourite comic book, if not fictional character, but I'm not buying a single current Superman comic at the moment with this storyline called Truth going on. I don't agree with what the writers are doing to the character there. It's the same for Thor, I knew this female stand in would be badly executed, be full of fan service to the wrong kind of people, namely those who aren't Thor fans and don't understand how the worthiness enchantment and Thor losing his worthiness actually works. And I feel the same way about Breevoort admitting to Marvel's shoddy business and fan treatment practices yet still expect to be respected or taken seriously.

@z3ro180 said:

@lvenger: last time we Saw Thor Odinson was with Hyperion give a final attack against the byonders after the rest of the Mutiveseal Avengers where killed. We know Hyperion is alive because he is going to be in the new Squdren Supreme comic after secret wars. So it stands to reason that Thor might have survived aswell.

Exactly, Hyperion's in the new Sqaudron Supreme comic and back in the living pile of Marvel characters. Why can't Marvel give some attention and credit to their legacy characters to whom their company owes their existence to in the first place? Short changing them with temporary gimmicks meant to promote diversity doesn't strike me as the greatest way of writing stories for Marvel's longer term characters like Thor.

BrockPrime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: that would be pretty awesome! Hope he's back in time to build up thor 3 or even better if he came back at the end of secret wars

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

It's truly disgusting and pathetic that Brevoort can proudly admit such a thing regarding their business practices in public view.

I honestly sometimes wish Marvel would begin falling apart financially so they could get their acts together.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

So after Aaron displayed zero confidence his new character would be taken seriously for what she did, focused almost entirely on side characters for plot, failed to give her any personality beyond using her godhood as justification more often than actual gods and had his spokesperson for all of feminism(arrogant thing to write for a male in the first place) surrender to her for being a woman that took on the name of a male and gains her power from a mystical phallus object and then had her go to jail, because her husband was looking at other woman, I'm supposed to torture myself with his depiction and opinion of a woman with cancer(breast cancer no less). How about no.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's truly disgusting and pathetic that Brevoort can proudly admit such a thing regarding their business practices in public view.

I honestly sometimes wish Marvel would begin falling apart financially so they could get their acts together.

Isn't it though? It's a rather cynical and condescending way to run any business, it's basically "f@#k our customers, we're Marvel..."

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing up the divisions and discontent in the "House of Odin" is a cheap way to paint Asgard as, essentially, "just a group of people like us." They'll bicker, fight and disagree about everything. This is sort of like the Marvel method to a more extreme degree (a la Bendis). Strip away the more fantastical elements of a group of characters to their barest levels to be able to tell a "grounded" storyline. Even at the expense of the actual characters themselves, because the writer wants to tell "their" story. Hence why Aaron is obsessed with bringing murder/mystery intrigue to a mythical/fantasy based genre. It succeeded with the "Got Butcher" saga because that story involved three separate timelines thousands of years apart, taking the protagonist into exotic locales around the universe and a universal/cosmic threat to challenge him. Those are the types of circumstances that a god should be surrounded by, because gods can do crazy things like travel throughout the ages and galaxies.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hence why Aaron is obsessed with bringing murder/mystery intrigue to a mythical/fantasy based genre. It succeeded with the "Got Butcher" saga because that story involved three separate timelines thousands of years apart, taking the protagonist into exotic locales around the universe and a universal/cosmic threat to challenge him. Those are the types of circumstances that a god should be surrounded by, because gods can do crazy things like travel throughout the ages and galaxies.

With such strong and surprisingly good storytelling in God Butcher and Godbomb, it makes it all the more disappointing with how Aaron's writing of Thor deteriorated as of last year and revealed that he wasn't the best long term writer for Thor.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By antithetical

@lvenger: yep, apparently Aaron had A Thor story and that was it, he's proven beyond a doubt that he's no Walt Simonson.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems Odin cannot get a break. Wow one of my favorite parts of Thor and his books and he just rips him apart. What next cut off Thors arm with his own axe and make him a drunk slobbering fool whom complains does nothing and just sits on a bar stool?

Wow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. Definitely building towards an attempt to take down Odin. Frigga said it herself. "My husband's day of reckoning will come." Plus you've got the Congress or Worlds scared of Odin, and Sif with her little band of warriors. There's even propaganda posters that Odin apparently put up against Female Thor. An Asgardian Civil War is definitely coming. I guess Jason Aaron will just ignore the fact that Odin is a Skyfather who can destroy Asgard with just a thought, AND has Cul to back him up.

And ya know, let's just have Odinson be far away somewhere because apparently he isn't brave enough to face his unworthiness and would rather hide away in a cave somewhere. Hopefully this isn't the case.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By arthurkerr

Just when you thought they could sink no lower, they sink lower lol.

I swear they look for ways to tell the worse possible story and then write it.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I thought that Thor the real thor was gone because of his encounter with the beyonders? Are they really having him be hiding somewhere?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: Yes, he's in hiding now. His Beyonders fight has not been addressed, it's as if it never happened apparently.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@coolcat4: Yes, he's in hiding now. His Beyonders fight has not been addressed, it's as if it never happened apparently.

Seriously, "in hiding"? That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard, maybe off somewhere dealing with a threat or on a quest or journey which no one is aware of, but hiding? Yeah, I think Marvel just prefers losing long time, committed readers for a bit of short term noteriety.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Its terrible. Why cant the cancer kill her yet.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Thor is in hiding and Hyperion will be in Squadron Supreme but nothing on how either one survived the beyonders fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.