Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Jake Olson vs Donald Blake

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NexusOfLight

Yeah, so here's a quick question. I've recently gotten heavily into Thor. Always respected the character, but knew nothin' about him, so I decided to pick up his series from the beginning of volume two, that late 90's into the early 00's stuff. In it, Thor was forced to take over the life of Jake Olson because of him accidentally letting the real Olson get killed. Blah blah blah, a lot of epic stuff happens. Thor got separated from Olson, then put back together again, then Ragnarök happened, then that was the end of the series. Then the latest Thor series starts, and when he reverts back to his mortal self, he goes around calling himself Donald Blake again. I understand that was the name he first had when he was a human or whatever, and he has the right to call himself whatever he wants when he's humanized, but why the sudden change back? Is that really Donald Blake's body or Jake Olson's? Is this ever explained or addressed later on, or is it just one of those things I should just say "oh well" and move on about. I just find it a little odd.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @NexusOfLight: 

because his current form is donald blake if he had came nack and been cound to jake he would have been called jake
    NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NexusOfLight
    @Thor's hammmer: I understand that his current form is Donald Blake. My question is why.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @NexusOfLight: 

because the writers chose donald

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.