Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Is Thor really losing his arm soon??

• 56 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the picture of unworthy Thor drawn by Ribic, and the upcoming Avengers cover, Thors right arm is replaced with a metal one. Now what i am wondering is if this is the destroyer's arm he's using because he loses his actual arm soon, or if it is just armor. Looking back at pictures of old king Thor, the arm unworthy Thor has doesn't really look like the one old King Thor uses (it doesn't have spikes and fits his arm differently) so that led me to think its just armor, but I'm not sure why he would use armor or just one arm.

Anyone have any thoughts or Jason Aaron interviews to clear this up?

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By T_Aesir
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In the 2 picture, i see there his both hands, in the 3 pic his arm looks hurt, this seems more like a protection Armour, but i could be wrong...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_aesir: You have a good eye, I didn't even notice his hand could be seen in the second pic.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No, he's faking it to get sympathy. That's why he's now unworthy.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jayc1324: Yeah it's looking like armour now come to think of it. Not the Destroyer arm welded onto him. You can see part of his arm visible on the Thor: GOT #25 cover so maybe Thor gets some armour on his other arm. Having said this, the other two metal arm images seem to show that Thor's arm is literally covered in metal now so that's quite the contrast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I think its just armor. Not sure why he would use armor on just one arm but I think we would've heard if they were planning on having him lose his arm now. His arm is definitely visible on the Thor 25 cover, maybe it covers his arm completely when he's about to fight or something. I guess we will find out soon enough, I just want I'm to keep his actual arm for now though.

Unworthy Thor does look very cool with he beard and shirtless look, I must say.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would think he would use the armor after he killed Uriel when wherever he sent him burned his arm.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It has to be from the destroyer armor that he is getting his new hand.I could see how that could aid him in battle.If it is just a normal robot arm that would be dumb.If he does not get it from the destroyer.It will be a well made arm from the dwarfs or his father just have to wait and see.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Same here, I hope it's armoured metal plating and not Thor literally losing his arm. But given Old King Thor's Destroyer arm in the future and the design of Unworthy Thor, I can't shake the feeling that Thor will somehow lose his arm and be given an uru arm instead.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he was losing his genitals?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Can't Thor heal missing limbs with magic from a healing god or something? Why didn't old king Thor just do that in the first place?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope not it looks like crap.

One armed Thor whom could think up such a lame story line.

I am thinking no.

hell no.

why?

what would even make them think up such a story arc.

Hell next thing they will want to give his hammer to a women and his name and call him unworthy because somebody whispered some crap.

I mean really how far can you stretch insanity?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@lvenger: Can't Thor heal missing limbs with magic from a healing god or something? Why didn't old king Thor just do that in the first place?

But that wouldn't give Marvel the status quo they desire for Thor despite the fact that Thor could use some kind of magic to also heal Jane Foster's cancer. Not that Jane's refusal is a bad move because it shows some real growth of the character and respect for the illness. With Thor, he should have no problem using magic to heal his arm.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More disrespect for thor. Let me guess, wolverine comes back to life and cuts his arm off ahain?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'll be really upset if after this is all over, avenger Thor will permanently be using the metal arm forever. Since when is Thor a facking cyborg, or winter soldier.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lvenger

@jayc1324: Another writer is bound to retcon it eventually though, such is the way of The Big Two's continuity.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uugieboogie

@lvenger said:

@jayc1324: Yeah it's looking like armour now come to think of it. Not the Destroyer arm welded onto him. You can see part of his arm visible on the Thor: GOT #25 cover so maybe Thor gets some armour on his other arm. Having said this, the other two metal arm images seem to show that Thor's arm is literally covered in metal now so that's quite the contrast.

Yeah in picture 2 with Mjolnir it looks like he gets armor on his entire right side of his body. Maybe he gets hurt or something. I can't understand him losing his arm , I swear it better not be some PIS like how he lost Mjolnir.& they got him looking like a damn hobo this s@%$ it really disgusting smh

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uugieboogie

@jayc1324 said:

Yeah at one point it was said that he could regrow entire limbs using his godly life-force & mjolnir.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I think that his arm will be lost because of Old Loki's plotting in Loki: Agent of Asgard. He wants Thor to become king and he is moving thins up in the time line, like making it so Angela and Thor meet months earlier for example, so it wouldn't shock me if his arm getting ripped off was due to Old Loki's interference. I feel like Old Loki will have a huge role on the current stuff coming up in Thor since it's the first time we've had an evil Loki around in like 5 years.

Actually thinking about it, it makes me wonder if he could maybe be linked to Thor becoming unworthy.... what if what Fury told Thor was about Kid Loki getting killed by Old Loki? Thor has been treating the evil Loki that killed his good brother with love, and not to mention Kid Loki sacrificed himself because of advice that Thor gave him in the very first issue of the JiM Loki run.

Loki: If you knew something bad was happening. What would you do?

Thor: I would prevent it.

Loki: But if something bad was happening, and it had to happen, and if it didn't happen, something even worse would happen...what would you do?

Thor: ...I would make sure it happened.

Loki: Even if it cost you everything?

Thor: Aye. But Loki, what are you planning?

Loki: What needs to be done, brother. If you would do it, I should too -- no matter what it costs me.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Yeah at one point it was said that he could regrow entire limbs using his godly life-force & mjolnir.

yeah but that would make sense and hmmmmm we do not see anything even close to making sense in Thor comics of late.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@jayc1324 said:

yeah but that would make sense and hmmmmm we do not see anything even close to making sense in Thor comics of late.

Exactly, a secret whisper can make him unworthy of Mjolnir now lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This moment brings up a lot of questions, and I like the idea of Nick Fury – now imbued with the insights of the Watcher – can take down a god with just words. Even though Fury is old and frail, having the Watcher’s eyes makes him a very dangerous enemy. It’s not about what he can do when wearing his battle suit, but about what he sees and knows."

What I get from this quote is that Aaron wanted to wank Fury and find another way for Thor to be beaten.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

"This moment brings up a lot of questions, and I like the idea of Nick Fury – now imbued with the insights of the Watcher – can take down a god with just words. Even though Fury is old and frail, having the Watcher’s eyes makes him a very dangerous enemy. It’s not about what he can do when wearing his battle suit, but about what he sees and knows."

What I get from this quote is that Aaron wanted to wank Fury and find a other way for Thor to be beaten.

yeah whats next he take over writing superman and Batman whispers to him and poof he falls from the sky and can no longer fly. What did he sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...noooooooooooooooo .....the world will never know......

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Yeah in picture 2 with Mjolnir it looks like he gets armor on his entire right side of his body. Maybe he gets hurt or something. I can't understand him losing his arm , I swear it better not be some PIS like how he lost Mjolnir.& they got him looking like a damn hobo this s@%$ it really disgusting smh

Agreed, it had better be armour and not another stupid reason as to why Thor loses his arm.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm behind about a month, I thought he lost his arm pushing one of the Apocalypse twins into a portal? Or has it healed back since that incident in Uncanny Avengers?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HaveAtThee

His arm has healed from the encounter wih Uriel. My guess is some sort of idiotic plot device will cause Thor to lose his arm. He'll look like a ragged, Asgardian version of Cable.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Thor_Donar

New and only Thor

No Caption Provided

Yes He probably will lose his arm in the new series, that sucks even more than the replacement...

No Caption Provided

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is butching Thor at all levels!

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By Claymore1998

Cool.

Though this got me thinking how the hell is anyone going to cut off Destroyers arm ? Or why for that matter.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i actually think that he loosing his arm is cool that would explain why OKT have the destroyer arm, but still that Shit of Thora... is stupid... i actually think that all this crap is because of the movies. maybe Chris Hemsworth said: "well... another two movies with you Marvel and i am done" then Marvel said: "ok, Thor is emblematic let's change the sex to have another Thor film, but we will let the Man Thor and we will call him unworthy Thor to satisfy the old school and actually comics fans.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: I don't think that is the case. Pretty sure few months down the road Thor is going to get his powers back.

I am just curious to see why or how they manage to cut off the arms from the Destroyer. Shouldn't be an easy task by any means.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: that would be good stuff, however i dont belive the thing of we need more heroins they have a lot but meh...

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 4Thor

Yes Avengers 35

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lvenger

OK that's a flat out metal arm. What the hell?!!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I actually like the idea, gives Thor a more brutal warrior look

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So no Destroyer arm? I was so looking forward to why or how they chop the hands of the Destroyer.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#37  Edited By amazing_webhead

So? Aquaman lost a hand, remember?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: that doesn't mean everyone should lose body parts. I don't want thor to become half cyborg

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh as long as he loses it in an epic way like Guts from berserk did.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He just did!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Happens in the new Thor #1, but hopefully his replacement arm is something impressive like the arm of the Destroyer or something.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By phisigmatau

cable jax and tons of dated 90's characters want their steeze back

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: lol they can try. since thor/marvel is with disney, they got crazy good lawyers lol

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cream_God
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cream_God

@veitha: :/ im not impressed so far with this new series

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Veitha

@veitha: :/ im not impressed so far with this new series

I loved the first issue. I think it is going to be very good, we just have to forget that our favourite character is going to be downplayed(I mean, if a character gets wrecked in the story that doesn't make the story bad, instead I think that it could give an hell of a development).

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

As if I didn't need another reason not to waste money on this.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor:

Marvel is butching Thor at all levels!

Exactly. They no longer care for or about the character. IMO this is a perfect time for DC to blow the dust off of their version of Thor with all of this idiocy going on. We comic fans need at least one version of Thor we can cheer for, even if it's DC using their Thor more prominently or if Marvel has to resurrect Eric Masterson for the job. Anything is better than this crap!

By the way, "Welcome to the 'Vine"!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.