Is thor dead (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

  • 65 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

so at the moment i havent read any of the fear itself books cause i have been working and finding the time to go to glasgow to get a comic is task i havent got the time for so to any one who has read fear 7 i want to know if my favorite god of thunder is dead or not??? cause if he is then thats four years of character evolution down the drain.

#2 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: I'm going to read the issue later today. I'll let you know what happens.
#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne: thanks cause the closest comic store to me is a 20 minutes train ride away and the next time i have a day off is sunday and the chanses are i will be given overtime so yea not enogh time in the day for me to make that journy to the store.

#4 Edited by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

yep he dead. all asgardians are banished to earth and odin became "his brother's keeper" in asgard.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: Your from Glasgow?
#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: no i live outside of glasgow and the train journy is 20 to 25 minutes. Also the walk from were i live to the train station is 10 minutes 15 minutes if it is raining or snowing.

#7 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear that the way he "died" was quite honestly one the  most dragged out, uninteresting, comic deaths I have ever seen in a comic. Though this may be just rage on the fact marvel seem intent on have killing so much that death is really boring. 

#8 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

First they kill Bucky in this stupid book now Thor?

It's time to stop reading Marvel... Seriously...

Online
#9 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9495 posts) - - Show Bio

Typical Marvel............. 
Good thing I didnt pay for this event.....

#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

so many questions...

1.) why does Wolverine have a problem with Cap?

2.) What happened to their weapons?

3.) Odin is being the serpents keeper?

4.) I thought he died (in battle no less so does that mean he goes to Valhalla with Ares, his son, and Thor?

5.) Does that mean he will be given a rebirth like other Asgardians?

6.) So who is going to rule as Asgards king?

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: just found this imege on thor gallery do you tink this ill be main strem cause marvel need thor,

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow. This issue sucked so much and it left so many unanswered questions . So lame -____________- 
 
@Z3RO180 said:

@DEGRAAF: just found this imege on thor gallery do you tink this ill be main strem cause marvel need thor,


It's probably a past adventure since he is dead now >__>
#13 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: I think Ares and the olympians go somewhere else. Thor will go to Hel, that is where Asgardians go I believe.

I don't understand where Marvel is going with this> Thor barelly made his return a few years ago right after the civil war. Not much time has passed since then.

Online
#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: according to the Asgardian gods page

"Though no Asgardian has been shown dying of old age, they can be killed. If they are killed in battle, their souls are taken to Valhalla, feast hall of Odin. If they die by other means outside of battle (even if murdered by another's hand), then their souls are condemned to the realm of Hela, Hel."

#15 Posted by AngeTheDude (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Marvel continuously shit on Thor? Is it just because the movie is on video now? Thor has just come back from the dead. Fraction should never be in charge of major events in the Marvel Universe. I'm glad Robert Rodi is writing a new mini but it's a shame that Marvel resorted to cheap tricks for this storyline.

#16 Edited by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

so lame...this entire story arc and Thor's death. Like others have said, everything was so rushed and forced (Cap Bucky's death, Rogers as Cap America again, Thor's fight against Hulk and Thing ended faster than a blink of an eye, Thor's return and death and why the hell is WOLVERINE an Avenger, X-Force member, starting his school, AND a New Avenger?! Even Spider-Man is oversaturated.

#17 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

so many questions...

1.) why does Wolverine have a problem with Cap?

2.) What happened to their weapons?

3.) Odin is being the serpents keeper?

4.) I thought he died (in battle no less so does that mean he goes to Valhalla with Ares, his son, and Thor?

5.) Does that mean he will be given a rebirth like other Asgardians?

6.) So who is going to rule as Asgards king?

1. I don't know 2.For some reason they melt them in Asgard 3.Yea I don't get that or why he banished everyone else 4. Ares, Phobos/Alexander and the other Greek/Roman Gods like them go to Elysium 5. Yea he'll probably be back (Odin sleep excuse or something I bet) 6.Good question.

#18 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Yeah, what I really meant to say was that I don't think Olympians go to the same place as Asgardians.

Online
#19 Edited by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

he has a new comic were hes fighting the deviants coming up hes not dead even if he is he wont be for very long

hes also in the new avenging spiderman

#20 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Why do you think Wolverine has a problem with Cap?
#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne:@TheGoldenOne said:

@DEGRAAF: Why do you think Wolverine has a problem with Cap?

simple cause cap had a better movie =P

#22 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: do you have any scans off thor fighting the serpent??

#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@DEGRAAF: Yeah, what I really meant to say was that I don't think Olympians go to the same place as Asgardians.

I dont think they go to the same place either but Ares is part of the Asgardians not the Olympians

@TheGoldenOne said:

@DEGRAAF: Why do you think Wolverine has a problem with Cap?

are you asking me this question?

#24 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Ares is Hercules brother who in turn is an Olympian. Not an Asgardian. Heimdall is the god of war for the Asgardians. I hope you are not mistaking them.

@Z3RO180:

Online
#25 Edited by TheMightyAvenger (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt actually think they were going to kill Thor. Disapointing to say the least. I mean I knew they were gonna kill him I just tought that it could have been done better. But maybe that's just me being to critical.

#26 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: well that is epic to a degree but i think marvel will bring thor back.

#27 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you're misinterperting the Wolvie scan, but Wolverine and Cap don't exactly see eye-to-eye.

#28 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Wolverine actually said, "Hell with Cap, where is Odin? It's his kid up there."
 
It wasn't supposed to be disrespectful to Captain America.
Moderator
#29 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: whould you say the book is worth reading.

#30 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@ReVamp: whould you say the book is worth reading.

I think I've given the wrong impression. I haven't read Fear Itself, though I plan to. I would say however that the book isn't worth a read.

#31 Posted by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

If you were fortunate enough to not read this yet, then DO NOT pick this up. It's a total waste of money, this is the worst event in a loooong time.
 
As far as Thor, i don't expect him to be dead for long, I think he'll be back before Thanksgiving, if not earlier.  I don't see Marvel going any prolonged amount of time with no Thor, not when he died so recently before this and when they are pushing him for movies and stuff.

#32 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lonestar88: why is it a bad event??

#33 Posted by The Impersonator (5075 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

First they kill Bucky in this stupid book now Thor?

It's time to stop reading Marvel... Seriously...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MARVEL, WHY MUST YOU DO THIS? WHHHHHHHHY?

#34 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

Just like the superhero movies. They think killing off characters is smart. They are wrong.

#35 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

t@SlimJ87D said:

First they kill Bucky in this stupid book now Thor?

It's time to stop reading Marvel... Seriously...

In 52 more heroes died, characters that I liked, and Marvel has A LOT of good stuff, all you have to do is STOP READING THE DAMN EVENTS...

Seriusly if you don`t like them, Why the hell are you reading them? Just to be bitching about it, read FF, Uncanny X-Force, Daredevil, the Journey Into Mystery, Amazing Spider-man, OR THE DAMN ULTIMATE UNIVERSE, but NO! EVERYBODY IS READING THIS ST&PID EVENT! I can't take CV users seriously because threads like this.

HULK SMASH!
#36 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@SlimJ87D: well that is epic to a degree but i think marvel will bring thor back.

They would OBVIOUSLY bring him back, no one stays death, and a known and important character like Thor come back faster, I will give him a year, and I will laugh at all the users that are psting in this thread...

#37 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is obvious that Thor will be back. He is one of there top characters, if anything the serpent is still alive thus Thor is still alive. Why else would Odin banish all the asgardians from Asgard, to keep Skadi from getting stronger on the fear of others around him. With just him and Odin, Odin will always put him back to sleep or something like that.  This new god of thunder name sounds more of a celtic origin.

#38 Edited by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:

@Lonestar88: why is it a bad event??

Overall it was pretty dull, you didn't miss anything, there were no "wow" moments; It was terribly paced, especially the last issue (everything was really rushed); Thor's death was one of the worst done deaths I've ever seen, and honestly I don't expect him to be dead long at all, so the event probably won't have any real consequences;  There were several points that made no sense. (Cap not getting a weapon, Thor just keeling over despite not seeing anyhing happen to him, The Worthy, who looked unbeatable in the first 6 issues, being taken out so easily in the 7th issue, etc.) They turned a semi-interesting villain in Sin, into a bland villain who could have easily been replaced by anyone, the list goes on and on.
 
The story seemed totally forced and uninspired. Many people didn't like Civil War or Siege, but at least those inspired debate, this didn't even do that.  (I actually thought Civil War and Siege were both way better than this, btw.)
 
Mainly it was just boring, by the time I got half way through the seventh issue, I didn't even care what happened to Thor I just wanted it to be over.
#39 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lonestar88: cool i ll think ill pick it up just to read it and i liked civil war its the only comic event in the 5 years that i actually read and seige well i pick that up cause i want to read up on thor before i saw the movie but in any case i think ill get the trade version just to read up on every thng.

#40 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

t@SlimJ87D said:

First they kill Bucky in this stupid book now Thor?

It's time to stop reading Marvel... Seriously...

In 52 more heroes died, characters that I liked, and Marvel has A LOT of good stuff, all you have to do is STOP READING THE DAMN EVENTS...

Seriusly if you don`t like them, Why the hell are you reading them? Just to be bitching about it, read FF, Uncanny X-Force, Daredevil, the Journey Into Mystery, Amazing Spider-man, OR THE DAMN ULTIMATE UNIVERSE, but NO! EVERYBODY IS READING THIS ST&PID EVENT! I can't take CV users seriously because threads like this.

HULK SMASH!

Yeah? And I get annoyed from CV because of users like you who try and tell me WTF to read when you don't know me and you don't know what I read already. It's my money, and I do read ALL those titles you listed.

Also, I don't give **** about what happen with you and 52, the event I did read but I did not buy. Why the hell should I not read it if it might be the LAST time for a LONG time I will get to see my favorite comic book hero, Bucky.

Sure the events should be avoided, but it DIRECTLY affects all the comics and their future.

Online
#41 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel really has a knack for killing off their heroes.. Ultimates Spidey, Bucky, Steve Rogers, Thor 2x now, Wasp, Human Torch, etc --when will it end??

#42 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: Its just a character and I do know you, I am following you...

Seriously drop the whole universe because the death of two fictional characters, please, I mean Bucky is my second favourite antihero, and Thor my third favourite hero, and I am not crying like a B&%(H, and it hasn't affected all the comics that I listed, is not important, currently events seem so inconsecuential.

#43 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@SlimJ87D: Its just a character and I do know you, I am following you...

Seriously drop the whole universe because the death of two fictional characters, please, I mean Bucky is my second favourite antihero, and Thor my third favourite hero, and I am not crying like a B&%(H, and it hasn't affected all the comics that I listed, is not important, currently events seem so inconsecuential.

It's stupid to think that by avoiding an event or not paying any attention to it's continuity will solve your problems. Ignoring the problem isn't going to stop the event from creeping into your titles and ruining them.

If Bucky died, it would have been a lot better story wise if he died some how in Cap's book. Also, Cap's book is important to me, because it's my favorite title.

I'll admit that I don't really mean to QUIT reading marvel, my comment was to express that that's how I felt when I read this event in hopes to see if others feel the same way, comment back and agree. If anything, it would cause a chain reaction and marvel would realize that these events every few months are mistakes.

Of course I did this unconsciously. How effective will it be? Not very much at all. But the affects it will have are the same way that you are just trying to avoid the events all together. We both have a way of trying to keep our comics safe, the only difference is that you had failed to see it in my point of view.

Good day to you.

Online
#44 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has sadley passed away until he returns....

#45 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

1) It's stupid to think that by avoiding an event or not paying any attention to it's continuity will solve your problems. Ignoring the problem isn't going to stop the event from creeping into your titles and ruining them.

If Bucky died, it would have been a lot better story wise if he died some how in Cap's book. 2) Also, Cap's book is important to me, because it's my favorite title.

3) I'll admit that I don't really mean to QUIT reading marvel, my comment was to express that that's how I felt when I read this event in hopes to see if others feel the same way, comment back and agree. If anything, it would cause a chain reaction and marvel would realize that these events every few months are mistakes.

Of course I did this unconsciously. How effective will it be? Not very much at all. But the affects it will have are the same way that you are just trying to avoid the events all together. We both have a way of trying to keep our comics safe, 4) the only difference is that you had failed to see it in my point of view.

  1. My problem, but is not a problem, I don't care.
  2. You can always read another thing.
  3. Your comment would not affect anyone, just the people that read this thread in comic vine.
  4. I can see it, but I can't understand it.
#46 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@SlimJ87D said:

1) It's stupid to think that by avoiding an event or not paying any attention to it's continuity will solve your problems. Ignoring the problem isn't going to stop the event from creeping into your titles and ruining them.

If Bucky died, it would have been a lot better story wise if he died some how in Cap's book. 2) Also, Cap's book is important to me, because it's my favorite title.

3) I'll admit that I don't really mean to QUIT reading marvel, my comment was to express that that's how I felt when I read this event in hopes to see if others feel the same way, comment back and agree. If anything, it would cause a chain reaction and marvel would realize that these events every few months are mistakes.

Of course I did this unconsciously. How effective will it be? Not very much at all. But the affects it will have are the same way that you are just trying to avoid the events all together. We both have a way of trying to keep our comics safe, 4) the only difference is that you had failed to see it in my point of view.

  1. My problem, but is not a problem, I don't care.
  2. You can always read another thing.
  3. Your comment would not affect anyone, just the people that read this thread in comic vine.
  4. I can see it, but I can't understand it.

"Your comment would not affect anyone, just the people that read this thread in comic vine."

It goes both ways.

Online
#47 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

"Your comment would not affect anyone, just the people that read this thread in comic vine."

It goes both ways.

So?

#48 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand why people are so annoyed/angry by Thor's death now. They only announced his replacement weeks back.

#49 Posted by PowerHerc (81682 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see: Marvel kills a character (outraging fans more than shocking them at this point) and then brings the character back only to kill the character off again a short time later so they can presumably resurrect the character again (maybe with a new issue #1) all in an effort to generate hype and boost interest. It's become a trite formula/marketing gimmick and I, personally, am tired of it. Thor will be back (thankfully) but this cycle of death-resurrection-death-resurrection will likely continue.

Online
#50 Posted by treysome (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Bucky will be back esp since Marvel didn't make a big deal of the deaths. Ultimate PP's death got alot of press and attention, even Human Torches. Thor and Bucky's death are too quiet so they will appear again soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.