Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8588 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Is Thor a long-term change?

Milokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From Mashable:

"We chose all of our creators to come in with a hook — a big thing has happened that changes the status quo of the character," Alonso said. Those kinds of changes will be very much along the lines of the female Thor (who turned out to be Jane Foster) and black Captain America (Sam Wilson, the erstwhile Falcon).

Though he wouldn't say for sure, Alonso hinted that those two characters would remain in their current form. "These changes were not short-term," he said. "We’re deeply invested in those characters."

http://mashable.com/2015/06/04/marvel-comics-reboot

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Well she has cancer so....

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even care anymore. I have given up on Thor and Jason Aaron. Marvel hasn't been shy with keeping Thor dead for years before.

He will most definitely be back for Ragnarok in 2017 though.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Future Thor.
    Future Thor.

Thank the Lord

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I don't even care anymore. I have given up on Thor and Jason Aaron. Marvel hasn't been shy with keeping Thor dead for years before.

He will most definitely be back for Ragnarok in 2017 though.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well she has cancer so....

I still think that mix Jane's current disease with the magic of Mjolnir was a mistake, i don't know how long the Secret Wars events are, but the all-new-different issues will take place 8 months after the conclusion of Secret Wars, since Mjolnir is making Jane's current disease worse, and if Marvel/Aaron drag the current creative decisions this plot point also can easily enter in marshy waters...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spambot

I don't even care anymore. It would be nice if they would continue the OKT storylines but eventually they will make Thor Odinson worthy again and get out of this current cycle of 'let's change everything just because we can and see how it goes' that they are in. This has happened before at Marvel though. Jim Shooter wanted to do something very similar in the 80's but Stan Lee found out and wouldn't allow it and then you also had the 2099 and Ultimates stuff. Every 10 years they shake stuff up to try and bring in new readers.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only they could find a way to "shake things up" AND not piss all over longtime readers then they'd have a winning plan, but that would take more effort and creative talent than Marvel is willing to expend.

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Like you, I do not care - I am done with Aaron. When Thor comes back and they give him his name back. Sure, I might pick the comic line back up, but I have the indies until that day comes along.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way these changes stick. "Invested long-term" is bogus "Big Two" speak for "just as long as sales stay okay." Thankfully I don't really care because I don't read comics.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off Thor the Avenger will be back before Thor 3 hits in 2017. Second I hope to god Old King Thor comes back in the new universe because I am certain that's not him that got Washed in SW 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.