Is This The Face Of Thor?

Posted by G-Man (37662 posts) - - Show Bio
Could this be Thor (with the Punisher behind him)?
Actor Kevin McKidd has told IGN that he is in the running to play Thor directed by Kenneth Branagh.  He could handle the savagery of a Norse God from his time on HBO's Rome.  You can also throw in the fact that he was in that with Ray Stevenson who is playing Frank Castle, the Punisher.  Okay, maybe Thor and Punisher don't exactly hang out together in the Marvel Universe but maybe this is some sort of sign?

Cape? Check. Funny hat? ...Maybe a different one.
This could be a good choice.  He's proven he can do a time piece.  Since he's been on Grey's Anatomy, he'll also have those viewers that might want to check him out in a different role.  He's not a huge big name actor but he is known just enough to pull it off. 

This just might work.  I'll be waiting to hear more.
#1 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm... this may could work
#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

He has a muffin top

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"He has a muffin top"
Ha Ha Ha  !
#4 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

If the film could have been made 15 years ago, an ideal choice would have been Ralf Moeller.
He was a German (so a slavic type accent) former body builder, who is tall (almost 6' 6") and has starred in films like Gladiator and The Viking Sagas. He also played Conan in the TV series. Although not always showing huge acting talents, his roles in the 2 films above show he can act and his physical look would have been just right for the role.

#5 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap he'd be amazing as THOR.  If you have not seen ROME the HBO series about Roman life during Julius Ceasar... you must watch it.  Kevin McKid played Lucius Vorenus and was a total bad ass. 

Better yet his castmate who played Pullo in ROME is the new Punisher.  Check these two dudes out in this insane fight scene from the end of season 1.  Seriously watch this....

Staff
#6 Posted by ultimate1 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Good choice. He's an excellent actor who'll bring some real credability to the role.

#7 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Holy crap he'd be amazing as THOR.  If you have not seen ROME the HBO series about Roman life during Julius Ceasar... you must watch it.  Kevin McKid played Lucius Vorenus and was a total bad ass. 

Better yet his castmate who played Pullo in ROME is the new Punisher.  Check these two dudes out in this insane fight scene from the end of season 1.  Seriously watch this....

"
Impressive!
#8 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Holy crap he'd be amazing as THOR.  If you have not seen ROME the HBO series about Roman life during Julius Ceasar... you must watch it.  Kevin McKid played Lucius Vorenus and was a total bad ass. 

"
Wow... that was Tight as Hell
#9 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

lol wheres the long hair though

#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not on the set of Thor

#11 Posted by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

i was wondering who they would get for thor. i was hearing brad pitt or vin diesel.
i realize he is only up for the running, but i have seen kevin mckidd in ROME a few time.
i really think he could make an awesome thor. :]

#12 Posted by NightFang (10197 posts) - - Show Bio
This just might work. 
#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

So he is in Grey's anatomy huh? guess it helps to also play as Doctor Thomas Blake

#14 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

What TV show is that?

#15 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a fan of Kevin since the amazing Dog Soldiers. He's actually an excellent actor and I think he'd be great as Thor. My only concern is that he might be a little under-sized at only 6 feet tall.

#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"What TV show is that?"
grey's anatomy? For what I heard ER (Hospital series) with hot girls
#17 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iron Fist Angel Don't worry he's plenty tall. Watch him in that terrible movie "Made of Honor".... they make him look huge.

Besides camer angels can make him look larger.  Tom Cruise is 3 feet tall -- I kid you not -- and they manage to make him look at least, at least 5 feet tall in the movies.

Staff
#18 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer normal named actors than big named actors for this kind of movies.

when I become a movie director I wont be digging on major names, just normal ones and good ones.

I think its cool to have him doin thor, good choice.
Not like hulk, the casting director was a serious fail.
#19 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the Incredible Hulk....

#20 Posted by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio

He was incredible on "Rome."  I like this casting.

#21 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio
 Possibly :-)

or

just kidding ;-)
#22 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"The Emerald Knight said:
"What TV show is that?"
grey's anatomy? For what I heard ER (Hospital series) with hot girls"

Nope sorry. I was looking at the blog post when I made the comment. I meant the roman picture.
#23 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

Both the Blog post and my comment ( where I show the video) say that it's from the TV show ROME.  

Staff
#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

lol now that I think about it, Brad Pitt also looks exactly like Thor in rome...

not saying that he should be thor mind you

caption
#25 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

He could suffice to an extent, but as Thor, perhaps some bulking out on his part, or CGI tweaking?  Would Thor be CGI and the actor only portray Dr. Blake?  I am curious about the prospect.  It could work. 

#26 Posted by The Morningstar (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say the guy that played the Viking King in 13th Warrior would make an awesome Thor. But yes McKidd is an excellent actor, but I think for Thor they are gonna need to do some CGI, kinda like Beowulf, just not the whole thing.

#27 Posted by Irving Forbush (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still kinda hoping for either the guy from Pathfinder(Eomer in LOTR) or HHH as Thor, but that's just me XD

#28 Posted by The Wind-Stalker (64 posts) - - Show Bio

i think this is goin to work he almost look like Thor anyway the only thing he needs is long hair and a new hat

#29 Edited by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Better yet his castmate who played Pullo in ROME is the new Punisher.  Check these two dudes out in this insane fight scene from the end of season 1.  Seriously watch this...."
 Ha! Looks like he IS the true punisher! Or maybe:

CAPTAIN ROME!!

#30 Posted by MrSinister616 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about his physique, though.  Thor is a big guy, very muscular, something that would be hard to fake with camera angels.  I'd have to see how they do it before they get me behind it, but they did a great job with Ironman and Hulk so I have some faith in Marvel.

#31 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he is a good pic. Thor is what, 6'6''? Plus he is freaking huge! I am not discounting this guy on his acting ability, just his size. Brad pit seems better built muscularly and looks like Thor in appearance, but he is also too short. Vin Deisel is also too short though built well. I don't even know why someone mentioned Vin though, I can't see him with long blond hair. I don't know who I would pick, but it would have to be someone at least 6'4'' and built extremely well.

#32 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

For those people worried about Kevin McKidd's physique... bear in mind we've had Christopher Reeve playing Superman since 1978, and no one thought twice about it after the fact; also, Christian Bale weighed about 130lbs before he began preparing for Batman Begins.

#33 Posted by ree-fullface-cap_nine (61 posts) - - Show Bio

other than being kind of small for thor he seems good but i realy do think brad pitt will be the best bet i hope for him the most but this guy i will like i think

#34 Posted by iJAcKBurZ (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Initially I was going to say no, but after viewing the 6 minute clip, and learning that it was the same guy from dog soldiers, I'm definitely going to be interested in seeing how it turns out.

#35 Posted by contagiousthoughts (8 posts) - - Show Bio

this could work well

#36 Posted by funkify (1 posts) - - Show Bio

THIRTEEN!

#37 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.