Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Is The 60 Seconds Enchantment Still in Affect?

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NerdsFTW

I have been informed that it is not, but I want an official issue and scans proving that is, if there isn't, then it's implied that the enchantment still remains.

Anyone want to help me out?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pyrogram

@NerdsFTW said:

@NerdsFTW said:

I have been informed that it is not, but I want an official issue and scans proving that is, if there isn't, then it's implied that the enchantment still remains.

stfu.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @Pyrogram said:

@NerdsFTW said:

@NerdsFTW said:

stfu.

lol What was that for?
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180
    No Caption Provided
    Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pyrogram

@NerdsFTW said:

@TheGoldenOne: What issue was it confirmed in?

why would you quote your own thing? Have some patience.

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enyalios

While I do not recall seeing anything that offcially confirms it, the fact that Donald Blake was concerned that, after Thor's hammer was broken during his fight with Bor, he would never be able to manifest, seems to insinuate that the enchantment is gone. If it wasn't, then he would not have had that concern but instead would have asked why he had not reverted back to Blake yet.

Also, during the fights with Rulk, the initial part where Rulk launched Thor into orbit, took his hammer away from him, beat him, left him on the moon unconcious with his hammer next to him and left (complete bull mind you, but serves to illustrate the point) I'm pretty sure took longer than 60 seconds from the time he first took the hammer away to the time he got back up to beat Rulk down.

Then there was the issues of I believe it was in Hulk where Thor drops the hammer with Rulk holding it, effectively pinning his hands to the ground and tells him that he can leave Mjolnir at rest for a long while. I'm too lazy to look it but I'm pretty sure you can find the images in Rulk's gallery.

And then there is the fact that, unlike before when Marvel had that dumb ass limitation, it does not pop up in every issue of Thor where he is in danger of involuntarily changing to Blake. Yeah there are more than enough implications of it to assume that its no longer an issue. Now if they could just get rid of the Blake persona entirely...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

@Pyrogram: C'mon, there's no need for that.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pyrogram

@Mercy_ said:

@Pyrogram: C'mon, there's no need for that.

I hate impatient people.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hectorsquall

@NerdsFTW said:

It's not. Odin transferred the enchantment enabling Thor to change into mortal form and back from Mjolnir to Stormbreaker.

From Stormbreaker - Marvel Comics Database:

Following a battle against Surtur's demon army, Odin then bestowed upon it another enchantment: by striking the hammer down on the ground, Bill was able to return to his true, mortal Korbinite self. This in turn took away the '60 second rule' from Mjolnir, though it is never made quite clear if Stormbreaker has the same rule as well.

It occurred in Thor (1966) #340:

In Thor (1966) #341, Thor confirms that Donald Blake is no more, thus making the '60 second rule' obsolete. He then asks Nick Fury for help to create a new civilian I.D. for himself, that of construction worker, Sigurd Jarlson:

When Thor returned to life after Ragnarök, he regained the Donald Blake identity.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I personally hate that concept, it's one my by biggest gripes about the classic run.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

@Omega Ray Jay said:

I personally hate that concept, it's one my by biggest gripes about the classic run.

This.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gravitypress

I think that the 60 sec rule was disabled for now.

ponello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hectorsquall:

@NerdsFTW said:

It's not. Odin transferred the enchantment enabling Thor to change into mortal form and back from Mjolnir to Stormbreaker.

From Stormbreaker - Marvel Comics Database:

Following a battle against Surtur's demon army, Odin then bestowed upon it another enchantment: by striking the hammer down on the ground, Bill was able to return to his true, mortal Korbinite self. This in turn took away the '60 second rule' from Mjolnir, though it is never made quite clear if Stormbreaker has the same rule as well.

It occurred in Thor (1966) #340:

In Thor (1966) #341, Thor confirms that Donald Blake is no more, thus making the '60 second rule' obsolete. He then asks Nick Fury for help to create a new civilian I.D. for himself, that of construction worker, Sigurd Jarlson:

When Thor returned to life after Ragnarök, he regained the Donald Blake identity.

Was that Clark Kent in issue 341? WOW how is that possible?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.