Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Is it me? Or does BRB look more powerful than current thor ?

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Death Certificate

I know that siege is bad comic but currently I haven't seen thor do great feats. 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Well, Thor did kill the Void in the end, and has also defeated the Doomstroyer, and destroyed Ragnarok (I am referring to feats after he used the Odin Force to repair Mjolnir). But, generally speaking Beta Ray Bill has more chances to test his power since he usually fights opponents of cosmic magnitude (meaning he can also unleash without fear of mass destruction - examples being his fights with Stardust), all the while Thor is restricted on Earth, and as a result, he holds back a great deal. So, I'd say Beta Ray Bill shows his power more frequently than Thor, but in essence, I have always viewed them as equals, and my opinion has not changed.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "Well, Thor did kill the Void in the end, and has also defeated the Doomstroyer, and destroyed Ragnarok (I am referring to feats after he used the Odin Force to repair Mjolnir). But, generally speaking Beta Ray Bill has more chances to test his power since he usually fights opponents of cosmic magnitude (meaning he can also unleash without fear of mass destruction - examples being his fights with Stardust), all the while Thor is restricted on Earth, and as a result, he holds back a great deal. So, I'd say Beta Ray Bill shows his power more frequently than Thor, but in essence, I have always viewed them as equals, and my opinion has not changed. "

QFT but I view Thor as slightly more powerful
    Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thor's hammmer: If we use all of his feats, then yes.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Thor's hammmer said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "Well, Thor did kill the Void in the end, and has also defeated the Doomstroyer, and destroyed Ragnarok (I am referring to feats after he used the Odin Force to repair Mjolnir). But, generally speaking Beta Ray Bill has more chances to test his power since he usually fights opponents of cosmic magnitude (meaning he can also unleash without fear of mass destruction - examples being his fights with Stardust), all the while Thor is restricted on Earth, and as a result, he holds back a great deal. So, I'd say Beta Ray Bill shows his power more frequently than Thor, but in essence, I have always viewed them as equals, and my opinion has not changed. "
     QFT but I view Thor as slightly more powerful "
    I believe that is natural, since Thor has had his own book for decades, and as such, tons of great feats to his name, but Bill has been impressive for the number of issues he has appeared in.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

I only have a little Thor knowledge.  Could someone fill me in on who or what BRB is?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I only have a little Thor knowledge.  Could someone fill me in on who or what BRB is? "
    Beta Ray Bill. Thor's brother in arms. He's a great character.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @xerox-kitty: 

beta ray bill is one of the few worthy of lifting Thor's hammer and therefore has all of the same powers as Thor I'll upload a picture later
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By sexy_merc

I like Bill more than Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Thor seemed more powerful during Secret Invasion. I think thats the one time I can recall them both in the same situation.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @Jake Fury: 

Thor had the Odin Force then of coarse he was more powerful
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Thor's hammmer said:
    " @Jake Fury:  Thor had the Odin Force then of coarse he was more powerful "
    I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. 
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:

"  Thor seemed more powerful during Secret Invasion. I think thats the one time I can recall them both in the same situation. "

I have yet to read the mini, but Fraction does love Thor. He basically presents him as Asgard's only hope in every single mini of his that I've read. Not to say I didn't enjoy them very much, I just wouldn't take a single instance to heart.

@xerox-kitty:

No Caption Provided
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Thor's hammmer said:
    " @Jake Fury:  Thor had the Odin Force then of coarse he was more powerful "
    Good looking out, I forgot that.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " I only have a little Thor knowledge.  Could someone fill me in on who or what BRB is? "
    Beta Ray Bill. Thor's brother in arms. He's a great character. "
    Ah ha!  Yes, of course!  I was a bit slow there...  Well, I can't say I know much about how either Bill or Thor have been portrayed recently.  I only saw them as babies in the recent Thor & the Warriors Four :) 

Thanks for the info :)
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

When did Thor lose his Odin Force? I stopped reading the recent issues.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @xerox-kitty:
    no problem I haven't read the Thor & the warriors four yet was it any good?  

and to answer the OP yes I do think billl seems more powerful than current Thor  

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    Beta Ray Bill. Thor's brother in arms. He's a great character. "
    Ah ha!  Yes, of course!  I was a bit slow there...  Well, I can't say I know much about how either Bill or Thor have been portrayed recently.  I only saw them as babies in the recent Thor & the Warriors Four :)  Thanks for the info :) "
    LOL. You're welcome.

@JoeRiccadonna said:
    " When did Thor lose his Odin Force? I stopped reading the recent issues. "

In Thor # 602. He used it to repair Mjolnir.
    614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 614azrael

I would have to say thor, the predesesor is almost always stronger. hulk outranks she hulk,wolvie outranks x23, superman outranks supergirl. So i think its safe to say thor is the greater however i find brb beter in apearence n style
    Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Walker696

Thor has more powers then BRB, back in the day while Thor was mad he almost beat Bill to death while fighting SS, Doc Strange, and Adam Warlock. Yea Thor was driven mad but he can access the Warrior Madness when needed which is the same thing. So by that then I'd have to say yea Thor is better. Not to mention Thor has driven back Galactus multiple times, cracked a Celestial's armor, and he almost beat Juggs unconscious.

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Retro_Metro
    @Walker696 said:
    " Thor has more powers then BRB, back in the day while Thor was mad he almost beat Bill to death while fighting SS, Doc Strange, and Adam Warlock. Yea Thor was driven mad but he can access the Warrior Madness when needed which is the same thing. So by that then I'd have to say yea Thor is better. Not to mention Thor has driven back Galactus multiple times, cracked a Celestial's armor, and he almost beat Juggs unconscious. "
    Sheesh, That's a whole new level of Thor I never knew; The cracking celestial armor part makes me cringe a bit inside, I feel sorry for the Juggy too.  Is this the Classic Thor?  :o

OCC: I always thought Bill was a horse,dunno just seems cool.
    Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Walker696

The biggest difference between Thor and BRB is that Thor is a god and thus he has access to things bill doesn't. Here is a list for anybody who cares to look up Thor's feats. (god I feel like I've posted this like 12 times this year)

http://www.startrekphase2media.com/The_Power_of_Thor.html

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?start=300 

look through this stuff and it should answer your question as to who's more powerful

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By PowerHerc

Beta Ray Bill at his absolute peak of health, rest and power is at best equal to Thor.  He's never more powerful.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24  Edited By SC  Moderator

I don't think its just you, but I myself would have to personally disagree that he does. Then again, I am rather peculiar with how I perceive a fictional characters power. I look at writer intent, I break down the definitions of meanings applied to both characters within any given context, (such as the word equal), and how they can be used and I never apply the flawed logic that is absence of evidence is evidence of absence.  

I generally think Beta Ray Bill is generally meant to be regarded in the same ball park as Thor (strength, speed, durability), but not in any absolute sense, and how he gets written will generally differ in the same way many Superman clones will be written differently to Superman. I could never see Marvel, or most writers putting Beta Ray Bill in the same roles and situations Thor has been in (like Thor vs Glory, Thor vs Galactus (actually winning), or will be in. If they ever end up opposing each other again though I am sure it will be close though. its the mechanics of story telling.  

A few weeks ago, Marvel had their Heroic Age Heroes handbook. Thor actually had a higher ranking in the power category. I mean, its up to your own personal discretion. Marvel is a huge company with hundreds of different writers with their own opinions and theories, and I am sure one can justify any opinion they hold in this regard. Just like how I just attempted to justify why I tend to view Thor as just a bit more powerful generally than Horse Face Killah. ^_^

Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zaiyan

BRB can unleash his full power against cosmic bricks

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.