Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

International THOR Movie Posters!

• 71 results
    thedaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By thedaemon

The floating head syndrome that is all over hollywood, not my cup of tea but it's the norm.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Osiris1428
    @SC said:
    " This is great and all, but that women shouldn't be there! This is a mans movie, no XX chromosomes. I am sorry if I sound misogynistic, but how can I take a movie about one guy hammering other guys with his big girthy magic lightening hammer and sentient metal armor armors and big XXL snowmen with a women there? Even if the Thor comics totally mess up, chop up and get Norse mythology wrong most of the time.    (lol just playing other poster up ^^)   After all like I say on every thread, the main character looks visibly Australian to me, and i do like Australians, but I keep expecting Thor to say Gidday ya flamin drongo, so bad move for Thor movie people, very bad move.  "
    ^^^^^BRILLIANT!!!! And must we have this argument all over again??? I'm over it. I won't let these idiots keep me from enjoying this movie.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Backflip said:
    " Question, Why is Heimdall featured so often? I take it he'll have a large part, at least I presume anyway. Have to say, it still looks awesome. "
    Probably because every other black character is a nameless face and they all end up dying.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By SevanGrim
    @aetheldod said:
    " @Grim said:
    " @aetheldod said:

" Its cool and all , but the black dude shouldnt be there , Im sorry if it sound racist but how can I take seriously a story about Thor and nordic entities when a african dude is there? even if it is based on comics that just wrong >:3 "

its not like its a movie about the 1920's. Black people have been all over the world since boats were invented guy. there is nothing un-Nordic about it.  Nordicism was pipe-dreamed up in the 20th century, and was not endorsed by Odin & Kin.

"
    Right ..... yeah silly me to think that the "germanic / northern european tribes or what ever you wish to call them" didnt have dark skinned dudes on their myths , stupid me you clearly have a total grasp of history and clearly know how all the world ethnicity's were in such days ... even more so that must historical records say that the vikings went to the south not the other way around but no you say we are wrong ... good to know.... specially were all the eddas/ sagas/ myths  and all never feature such people but no you are right "
    so you think that no one else had boats until after the nordic folk had boats? you think that concept wasnt grasped by anyone until they swam up and said "look at us! we've mastered buoyancy!", even though dozens of countries where equally surrounded by water?  and are you really trying to suggest that all vikings went in the same direction and did the same thing for all 70+ years of the viking age? or even that the people didnt travel around on boats before the viking age (historians are pretty sure boats were invented some time 7000BC, were as the viking age and most of all that fancy shmancy travel that we have in historical records starts around 700AD ), and maybe it just wasnt documented so well? 
     but surely, with all the myths and such, surely the MORTAL MEN who wrote and illustrated them had seen the gods first hand and new for an absolute fact that none of them where black, or any other race besides the great Caucasian variety...could they have?

...but scratch all that and lets get to what i was saying before you tried to cripple me with history. i was just saying, rather lightheartedly, that if the Norse gods were real, they probably would have had all sorts of people..er...gods... filling their ranks, as i doubt omnipotent beings subscribed to racism. unless your suggesting black people didnt exist back then. cuz if thats the case, my theory is shot to hell and i bow before the great Nordistic theory you've presented. 
    Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Malonius

all the armor looks plastic-y. got  a bad feeling about this

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

Why are you arguing over the ethnicity of a fictional character from a fictional comic book based loosely on fictional mythology? So what Heimdall is being portrayed by a black man who cares as long as he can do the role justice. You would feel stupid if they cast a white man in the role and he sucked at it, when Idris Elba could have possibly done better. ITS FICTIONAL so pull your panties out of a bunch, readjust your pants, and get over it. We have had people play different ethnicities, genders, and even species. So are we gonna get mad at James Cameron for Avatar because he cast non-alien people as Aliens?

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Chibi-Iroh
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " @Backflip said:
    " Question, Why is Heimdall featured so often? I take it he'll have a large part, at least I presume anyway. Have to say, it still looks awesome. "
    Probably because every other black character is a nameless face and they all end up dying. "
    Or maybe just maybe and I know this may blow a few minds when I say this but maybe..........he actually plays a big part in the whole story.........GASP!!!
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#58  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Chibi-Iroh said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    " @Backflip said:
    Probably because every other black character is a nameless face and they all end up dying. "
    Or maybe just maybe and I know this may blow a few minds when I say this but maybe..........he actually plays a big part in the whole story.........GASP!!! "

I am going to go with the theory that if every time people make note of Heimdall and start discussing him in depth in whatever context, that more discussion, equals more publicity and so its an extremely easy way to build free and cheap publicity. So include Heimdall in more promotion stuff until people either stop discussing the character so much or well, just breath in the green money. X-Men movie should take note and include some non mutants in there promotions maybe. lol ^_^
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Chibi-Iroh said:
    " Why are you arguing over the ethnicity of a fictional character from a fictional comic book based loosely on fictional mythology? So what Heimdall is being portrayed by a black man who cares as long as he can do the role justice. You would feel stupid if they cast a white man in the role and he sucked at it, when Idris Elba could have possibly done better. ITS FICTIONAL so pull your panties out of a bunch, readjust your pants, and get over it. We have had people play different ethnicities, genders, and even species. So are we gonna get mad at James Cameron for Avatar because he cast non-alien people as Aliens? "
    this.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @SC said:
    "I am going to go with the theory that if every time people make note of Heimdall and start discussing him in depth in whatever context, that more discussion, equals more publicity and so its an extremely easy way to build free and cheap publicity. So include Heimdall in more promotion stuff until people either stop discussing the character so much or well, just breath in the green money. X-Men movie should take note and include some non mutants in there promotions maybe. lol ^_^ "
    I'd rather not give their marketing people that much credit :)

@Chibi-Iroh said:
    "Or maybe just maybe and I know this may blow a few minds when I say this but maybe..........he actually plays a big part in the whole story.........GASP!!! "
    I was actually being sarcastic, but that's okay. The reason I don't see Heimdall playing a big part in the movie is because he's never played that big a role in the comics. Now if he does play a big part in the movie it make sense, but if he's in two scenes that mean nothing then its clearly a PC move.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#61  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " @SC said:
    "I am going to go with the theory that if every time people make note of Heimdall and start discussing him in depth in whatever context, that more discussion, equals more publicity and so its an extremely easy way to build free and cheap publicity. So include Heimdall in more promotion stuff until people either stop discussing the character so much or well, just breath in the green money. X-Men movie should take note and include some non mutants in there promotions maybe. lol ^_^ "
    I'd rather not give their marketing people that much credit :)

Normally neither would I, but I try and not underestimate people when millions and millions of dollars are involved. Peoples ability to exploit other people for money has always far outweighed peoples wishes for anything deemed PC. Hell, Bruce Wayne is white yet usually covered in black material for all his promo advertising poster images. 0_0
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Grim said:
    " @Chibi-Iroh said:
    " Why are you arguing over the ethnicity of a fictional character from a fictional comic book based loosely on fictional mythology? So what Heimdall is being portrayed by a black man who cares as long as he can do the role justice. You would feel stupid if they cast a white man in the role and he sucked at it, when Idris Elba could have possibly done better. ITS FICTIONAL so pull your panties out of a bunch, readjust your pants, and get over it. We have had people play different ethnicities, genders, and even species. So are we gonna get mad at James Cameron for Avatar because he cast non-alien people as Aliens? "
    this. "
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Aetheldod
    @Grim:  Just you know I never said that only the vikings had boats , all Im saying that other cultures did not venture to the north as the vikings ventured to the south , also the myths were established before the viking age , when the vikings were still isolated in the north. Also the probable African countries that had more contacts with the eruopean cultures were north african (due to being next to the Mediterranean sea)  , countries like Egypt , Morroco etc. , who had beduins , moors , and arabs , not the central Africa black people. Anywho I complaint because of lack of respect to a mythos .... if white people were to be the African gods in any of those African myths all hell would break loose and people then would be complaining (even if they were to be loosely based on them , as Thor is). One last thing before you say that I believe that  only the european/caucasian  people had seafaring cultures or were the first one etc. you are gravely mistaken
    DoomsdayRoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DoomsdayRoses
    @Doctor!!!!! said:
    "Viking Power!!!! All they need in that poster was some Alexander Skaargard! For that extra viking touch. "

FUCKING A!
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Nasar7

Posters look good. The dude playing Thor looks decent enough but, I don't know, his face looks like someone I'd meet at Starbucks down the street. Wish they'd go all 80s and hire some Arnold-like bodybuilder or someone with a more "Norse god-like" look (who can also act). Actually, I think a young Max von Sydow would be perfect but what can you do....

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By spartan92

can't  wait to see this ............ also cant wait to see how many thor ( movie ) verses on the battle forum same with cap.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By TDK_1997

They look fantastic

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SevanGrim
    @aetheldod: if all the norse gods were black, pr if all of the african ones were white, that would be one thing. but if one was, it would be a "ok whatever" moment just like it is here. Hem isnt so important that its breaking lore for himto be different. its not like they made Odim asian or something. 
     and as i was saying before, we dont really know who traveled where when unless it was documented. not every race was hell bent on making a diary of their day to day lives. for all we know the native americans travled from tye south pole in sear h of warmer climates. history is olny good in the plqces where there is actual history. but a family of really dark hindu could have easily traveled over and lived in nordic culture for decades. you just cant ever know, and theres no proof against it. therefore, that shouldnt be the type of thing that hqs you nay saying a movie before it comes out.
    Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Aqua11500
    @aetheldod: Oh please honey child. white people could give two damn quarters if they African characters white, Hollywood has been white washing for years.looks like you put your foot in your mouth about that if White people played black people all hell would break loose statement.

They make the ANCIENT Egyptians and their gods portrayed as a predominantly white civilization all the time, when in fact the first Egyptians were black people form Sudan,and later on in later periods of  ruling did they start mixing with Arabic invasions and what not. how laughable. 

Anyways we are getting waaay of topic.We are all focusing on one got damn character,that BTW isn't even the focus of this Story.Heimdall was never a major character to start with,why start crying over spilled milk now.I could see if Thor himself were any other race but white,or if Black Panther or Storm were white, that'd be difference because they are actually MAIN CHARACTERS

I am tired of these color struck dumb asses complaining like 5 year old pre-k students.like i said before yeah i'd raise hell if Rhodes,T'challa,Storm,Vixen or someone like that was  portrayed as a white,but alas someone as minor as Heimdall..pfff 

white people have been casting non ethnic characters that are suppose to be (insert race)  forever,yet when one of us plays one of their own,all hell breaks loose,and then they turn the tides and protest. 
    I'd  say we have a looonng way to go people.We may have a Black president,but it is still alot of racial tension that needs to resolved in a peaceful way.
    Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy

Soooo excited for this one!
    Karlails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By Karlails

I just love those stupid plastic helmets...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.