If Thor had a kid.

#1 Edited by Z3RO180 (6431 posts) - - Show Bio

How would it change the character ?

Would you like the fact that he has a kid or would you hate it ?

#2 Posted by SOG7dc (6959 posts) - - Show Bio

ithink id hate it

#3 Posted by THORSON (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR has 4 kids.

me being one of them i don't mind it.

#4 Posted by HaveAtThee (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting question. I'm not sure if he's "ready" to be a father, especially considering he still has unresolved issues with his own father. Heck, he isn't really ready to settle down with a woman yet. Thor becoming a father probably wont happen for quite a long time.

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (82744 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could be done but I don't know if it should be done.

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Thorson's fanaticism aside, he's partially correct: Thor DOES in fact have four known kids. Not presently, but he has had them: He has three daughters in the far future, and a son that's been erased from time.

Regardless, he's a Norse God, remember? I think they kind of left their kids with the mother or a nursemaid while the father went out and did business and such. Protecting Midgard and Yggdrassil in general being included under 'and such'. So aside from having something to coo over and be proud of while in Asgard, I doubt it'd change all that much.

Not to mention the fact that from what we know of Asgardian aging, it would be a thousand years before it's old enough to talk, much less do anything of real interest or be of any importance.

#7 Edited by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

In the "real myths" he has 2 sons and I think that one or both survive the end of the gods.

If they gave Thor a kid in the comics I would like them to stick with the 2 sons. Anything other than that I would have a harder time liking because of my bias.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6431 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: Um those three goddess in godbomb are his grand children

#9 Posted by Dernman (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't like it. Not with this interpretation of Thor in the present.

#10 Posted by JetiiMitra (8398 posts) - - Show Bio

I probably wouldn't care. Although I would like to see a young adult (20s or so, NOT a teen) kid of his trying to live up to Thor's legacy on Earth and get out of his shadow while he's still active.

#11 Posted by Spideysense44 (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be a fan of it

#12 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7815 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldnt mind

#13 Posted by Primebonnick (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldn't mind its about time he had one in main stream. He has two in the real world myth and in the comics one was erased from time and the other is from the ultimate universe.

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Picture Bam Bam with a miniature Mjolnir!

#15 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind depending on how his children are written.

#18 Posted by phisigmatau (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Picture Bam Bam with a miniature Mjolnir!

OH YEAH!

#19 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind Magni coming back. I liked his character.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

In Norse Mythology he had 2 sons and a daughter. His sons Modi and Magni were the gods of strength and Battle rage respectively, not sure if his daughter was god of anything in particular and I can't remember her name at the moment.

#21 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

He...Has kids, but rarely used.

#23 Posted by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

In Norse Mythology he had 2 sons and a daughter. His sons Modi and Magni were the gods of strength and Battle rage respectively, not sure if his daughter was god of anything in particular and I can't remember her name at the moment.

Her name is Trud

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.